R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #331
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe5 View Post
I asked them yet again for the production number and this time they delivered. I logged into my garage and it says the car in in 'order received' status. I'm going to have a hard time not watching that status. When are you expecting your delivery since you ordered in April?
PCD is June 21st at the earliest. Was in doubt due to the airbag recall but looks like it got fixed at port yesterday.

So all in all, from start of production to you sitting in the car will be ~2 months +/- if it's also going to west coast once it hits the US ports.

Also, I believe it took about 10-14 days for the car to actually start production. Took awhile in the production queue.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #332
MadJoe5
Rep
Drives: Seats and a steering wheel

BMW is showing a 26 June for a completion date for my F82. Anyone have an idea of the length of time from PCD until delivery?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #333
JayFar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Convertible

Garage List
One month ago, my wife and I ordered a 440i xDrive convertible and today it finally left for Bremerhaven. I am not what one would describe as a "patient person" so this post has kept me sane and given me so much data to work with. Thank you so much for writing up this guide, it’s a life saver.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #334
cucsoqf
Mexico
Rep
Drives: M4 2020

Finally!!!!!

Hello folks at bimmerpost
It has been a while since I post last time, sharing my decision of sale my beloved M3 2013 and order a brand new M4
Well, after 8 months and a half, it is here!!!
I haven´t picked up from the dealer, but I couldn´t wait to share some pics with all of you
Hope you liked, since we in Mexico can´t track a car
I ask for a production order and have to wait two months or so to be authorized from plant, and because I ask for an individual colour and interiors, plus the competition package, it took all this time
And because of that, the car is 2020
Best regards to everybody and a very special bimmertime

Name:  IMG_2921.jpg
Views: 2582
Size:  437.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2917.jpg
Views: 2493
Size:  433.2 KB

Name:  M4 en MID 3.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  M4 en MID 5.jpg
Views: 2423
Size:  91.5 KB
Appreciate 4
      07-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #335
More_PSI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F32

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucsoqf View Post
It has been a while since I post last time, sharing my decision of sale my beloved M3 2013 and order a brand new M4
I haven´t picked up from the dealer, but I couldn´t wait to share some pics with all of you
I ask for a production order and have to wait two months or so to be authorized from plant, and because I ask for an individual colour and interiors, plus the competition package, it took all this time

Attachment 2102585

Attachment 2102586

Attachment 2102587

Attachment 2102588
Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #336
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucsoqf View Post
Wow, beautiful package. What individual color/interior are those?
"If you want a car for track use, if want to go every other weekend fight-to-fight stopwatch to your local track: go for PDK, definitely. If you use the car, maybe not on track but as a daily commuter going through traffic: take the PDK. But you want a driver's car, a fun car: take the manual. [...]"
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #337
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 440i xDrive

It took one month from order date to get a production number. And I had to call and text a few times to finally get it. I did not get a "build date", but was told it would take about 6 weeks to get the car to dealership. When I track my BMW, I see it is in the third process step of production. Been there in that spot a week. My VIN number is on my tracking page.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #338
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine235 View Post
It took one month from order date to get a production number. And I had to call and text a few times to finally get it. I did not get a "build date", but was told it would take about 6 weeks to get the car to dealership. When I track my BMW, I see it is in the third process step of production. Been there in that spot a week. My VIN number is on my tracking page.
I got a production number pretty quickly after I placed my order, but it didn't go into production until almost 2 months later (my car is an Individual build however).

From production begins to exterior body assembly takes about a week so it's only a matter of time now!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #339
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
I got a production number pretty quickly after I placed my order, but it didn't go into production until almost 2 months later (my car is an Individual build however).

From production begins to exterior body assembly takes about a week so it's only a matter of time now!
Thank you. Flash forward to today. It is now at the departure port. So things moved fast. Mine is an individual build as well. Custom. I am really excited. My care exists - finally!!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #340
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

When arrived at export port, what is the maximum time the car will sit at the exit port? I understood it would be about 2 days? Also, has anyone dealt wtih damage to your BMW? And how would you find that out? Even if it was very small damage? Conserned of the quality of work at the receiving port on the US side not equivalent to the quality in Germany. How could a car be compromised with damage?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:01 PM   #341
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When arrived at export port, what is the maximum time the car will sit at the exit port? I understood it would be about 2 days? Also, has anyone dealt wtih damage to your BMW? And how would you find that out? Even if it was very small damage? Conserned of the quality of work at the receiving port on the US side not equivalent to the quality in Germany. How could a car be compromised with damage?
The car needs to pass through customs first then it'll sit at the VPC anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Our last car had wheel damage as we drove it around during our European Delivery and it was replaced and the car was in showroom/factory condition when we took delivery!

I would not worry about the quality of VPC repairing the car because they literally are a mini BMW factory of sorts - every car they have repaired has been brought back up to original spec before it goes to the dealer. That being said, both of our cars have been on boats so it's common to see it be damaged during transit and that's okay! It will go back to original condition when it comes to you!

My car just landed at the port earlier today in Baltimore, did yours too?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:53 PM   #342
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The car needs to pass through customs first then it'll sit at the VPC anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Our last car had wheel damage as we drove it around during our European Delivery and it was replaced and the car was in showroom/factory condition when we took delivery!

I would not worry about the quality of VPC repairing the car because they literally are a mini BMW factory of sorts - every car they have repaired has been brought back up to original spec before it goes to the dealer. That being said, both of our cars have been on boats so it's common to see it be damaged during transit and that's okay! It will go back to original condition when it comes to you!

My car just landed at the port earlier today in Baltimore, did yours too?
Thank you for the reply. No, mine is en route now, and has been for about a week now. I am sure it its passage will end at the last port, which will be Brunswick, Ga, as I am not far from that location. I think I will be the only one in town with a BMW like the custom that I ordered, and I am serious. No one in town has this color, or year as yet. And where I work, LOTS of Bimmers and Mercedes. It is gorgeous. So, If it has been away from port for a week now, I am thinking I will get it from the dealership by Thanksgiving. I certainly hope so.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #343
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. No, mine is en route now, and has been for about a week now. I am sure it its passage will end at the last port, which will be Brunswick, Ga, as I am not far from that location. I think I will be the only one in town with a BMW like the custom that I ordered, and I am serious. No one in town has this color, or year as yet. And where I work, LOTS of Bimmers and Mercedes. It is gorgeous. So, If it has been away from port for a week now, I am thinking I will get it from the dealership by Thanksgiving. I certainly hope so.
Awesome! Mine will be at the dealer in a few days!

What kind of build did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #344
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Hopefully somebody could answer this for me. Ordered my M4 in October and expect it to arrive in mid-December. For some reason, the dealer ran my credit on 10/31 after they put in the order. Should I have my dealer lock in the November incentives since they're slightly better than the October incentives, or just wait until December? If they don't lock this month and the programs somehow get worse in December, I'm worried that I might be stuck with the October or December programs. I'm also assuming that if the programs do get better in December, then they can re-lock. Also, will they need to run my credit each time they lock or is the initial check on 10/31 good for 60 days?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #345
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! Mine will be at the dealer in a few days!

What kind of build did you go for?
It is finally at VPC processing at the incoming port in Brunswick. It is a beautiful build. 440i Grande Coupe xDrive with M Sport package with 19" sport wheels. Snapper Rocks Metallic Blue with White Dakota Leather Interior. It will be the prettiest car in this city!
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #346
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1403 View Post
Hopefully somebody could answer this for me. Ordered my M4 in October and expect it to arrive in mid-December. For some reason, the dealer ran my credit on 10/31 after they put in the order. Should I have my dealer lock in the November incentives since they're slightly better than the October incentives, or just wait until December? If they don't lock this month and the programs somehow get worse in December, I'm worried that I might be stuck with the October or December programs. I'm also assuming that if the programs do get better in December, then they can re-lock. Also, will they need to run my credit each time they lock or is the initial check on 10/31 good for 60 days?
What do you mean, "better programs/incentives" in December? Lock In?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:37 PM   #347
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep

This needs to really be updated ASAP!! A few of the links are pages not found so no search can be done. Also, you cannot track vessel by VIN number anymore. This is a defunct process as a whole, and updates would be most helpful. Thanks.

Please remove from sticky and update and then refresh
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #348
fbruyninckx
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

do you have perhaps a guide the other way around? For BMW's produced in the US (like the x5) and deliverd to europe?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:23 AM   #349
FogtownGirl
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

Just registered for this forum specifically to give a quick thanks to the OP for this thread. I found your post in a web search and just tracked my i3 from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme, found photos of the ship traveling through Delfzijl, and was lucky enough timing-wise to catch it coming through the Miraflores Locks of the Panama Canal. (I too created a GIF as you did). How fun (and edifying) for both myself and my 7 year old. Thanks again!

Links of yours I used that are still working (and a couple new ones I found) are:

NY Times article on Ro-Ro carriers:
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/a...5500-cars.html

US Coast Guard Time-lapse of a ship going through the Panama Canal:
https://www.businessinsider.com/this...-lakes-2017-10

Ship Tracking:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/

Ship Photos:
http://www.shipspotting.com/

Web cam for Gatun Locks (Atlantic side of canal)
https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html

Web cam for Miraflores Locks (Pacific side of canal)
https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/...iraflores.html

And for kicks my car coming through the canal on the Grand Vega:
https://makeagif.com/gif/grand-vega-...a-canal-oeGUHu
Appreciate 3
      10-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #350
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

While following the progress of my new vehicle across the Atlantic I discovered this website shipfix.com which unlike Marinetraffic.com showed the progress of the vehicle across the Atlantic. Marine traffic.com stopped showing the ships progress after it was off the coast of Ireland.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #351
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Java no longer supported in Chrome or firefox for the webcams for the canal. Fogtowngirl's link
Quote:
Web cam for Gatun Locks (Atlantic side of canal)
https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html

Web cam for Miraflores Locks (Pacific side of canal)
https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/...iraflores.html
works but only from 1 angle and slow to update compared to the older ones.

Is there any way to get better angles / pics or anything? My car's on the Volans Leader, currently stopped outside the Gatun locks waiting its turn to go through and I realized it's going to be on the far side from FogTownGirl's link above and not a great angle.

Stupid small thing I know but part of the fun of tracking your vehicle.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #352
skytop
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Tried to order at my local BMW dealer but he demanded a full $10,000 premium above the LIST price! To his greedy defense, he had the audacity to tell me that ALL the local BMW has decided between them to ALL charge "only" $10,000. over list.

I will NEVER pay a ransom price for a car purchase. BMW dealers DISRESPECT, ABUSE and clearly show CONTEMPT towards customers.
Appreciate 0