European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

01-27-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

2020 Washington Auto Show

Has anyone gone and if so, do they have an Audi RS6 Avant on display?? It's the one car I want to go see but I can't make it there until Friday and don't want to wait until then to find out if they brought one out.

I'll post some pics after I go, but seriously I'm on pins and needles hoping they have one.
      01-27-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
M4XS55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Audi didn’t even show up. Apparently many auto makers don’t think the benefit is worth the cost. BMW and Merc sat this year out too.
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2038.00
      01-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
suprajjang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SMB M3CS

I was there over the weekend and Audi was not present
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprajjang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightF82 View Post
Audi didn't even show up. Apparently many auto makers don't think the benefit is worth the cost. BMW and Merc sat this year out too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprajjang View Post
Well glad I bought tickets in the presale then. at least my expectations are a lot lower! Thanks, guys.
      01-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Since there's no BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or Porsche the only car worth seeing is the C8 Corvette. Everything else is .
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Since there's no BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or Porsche the only car worth seeing is the C8 Corvette. Everything else is .
Yeah. Not sure how they can say this but the commercials were saying it was going to be the biggest auto show yet. Apparently that's a gross overstatement.
      01-28-2020, 11:03 PM   #7
Shadow2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 MG F80 M3

I went on Sunday, big waste of time. No BMW, Audi or Benz. Only euros were VW, Alfa and Range Rover, basically a whole lot of meh. Oh and there was a small-ish display of classic exotics, Mustangs and some other riff-raff on the lower level. I see much better at Katie's on any given Saturday morning.
Decent but not worth the parking hassle IMO, or the entrance fee.
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2038.00
      01-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightF82 View Post
Audi didn’t even show up. Apparently many auto makers don’t think the benefit is worth the cost. BMW and Merc sat this year out too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2 View Post
I went on Sunday, big waste of time. No BMW, Audi or Benz. Only euros were VW, Alfa and Range Rover, basically a whole lot of meh. Oh and there was a small-ish display of classic exotics, Mustangs and some other riff-raff on the lower level. I see much better at Katie's on any given Saturday morning.
Decent but not worth the parking hassle IMO, or the entrance fee.
Agree with these two posts. I'll still go bc my daughter really wants to go, but I think Katie's has a better display of cars by a good margin.
      01-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #9
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

The DC car show is run by local area dealers, NOT manufacturers, which is why its not going to appeal to many car enthusiasts. The best US car show is now LA and is run by the manufacturers. This is where you'll see prototypes, new product launches, etc.

Mercedes, Porsche, and BMW have all pulled out of Detroit and New York for a few years now. They were the only other car shows that used to be worth going to in the US.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #10
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
The DC car show is run by local area dealers, NOT manufacturers, which is why its not going to appeal to many car enthusiasts. The best US car show is now LA and is run by the manufacturers. This is where you'll see prototypes, new product launches, etc.

Mercedes, Porsche, and BMW have all pulled out of Detroit and New York for a few years now. They were the only other car shows that used to be worth going to in the US.

In that case I'd rather just fly out to Frankfurt International Auto Show (IAA) since it's only couple of hours longer flight than to LA. Besides, N'ring is nearby and Octoberfest is right around that time. Come to think of it, it's a really great idea for a tour.
Appreciate 0