ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #23
M_PATHY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Chiplee,

I would also check out Bremont. I'm thinking of setting up a custom order with my squadron. Not sure the commitment requirement, but I hear the discounts are close to 50%. I'm kind of over Breitling, due to everyone (especially in the aviation world) having one.

I really want the Terra Nova

The Boeing is really sharp as well.

Check out examples from previous squadrons.

http://www.bremont.com/military
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #24
Sutorius
BMW CCA 500851
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 M

Garage List
2017 BMW X5 M  [9.50]
2016 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
M4 + Breitling Navitimer 01 LE
Attached Images

2015 BMW M4 (Sold)
2008 BMW 550i (Sold), 2008 BMW X5 4.8i (Sold)
Appreciate 6
f8xdct158.00
dvas515.00
      10-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #25
chiplee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3FANATIX View Post
I tried doing this too, but getting 20 to commit was not possible.
It's getting very difficult to get a Breitling group buy done. You used to get the watch for peanuts relative to retail but not anymore. I was actually told we needed 25 buyers, and pricing is now $2,857 for a titanium attachment with a custom caseback. We didn't make 25, but when we got to 18 and I told them it was $50k or nothing they took it. We eventually added 2 more buyers and got to 20. The most recent just joined last week actually.

I scoured the earth for former members of the squadron, found like 70 because they all keep in touch, and we still barely made it. Keep in mind this is a reserve squadron where many of the former and current guys are senior airline/cargo pilots who should have no trouble swinging it, just pick up an extra trip or something right? Yeah, no. It's just not the deal it used to be so there aren't going to be a lot of Breitling group buys in the future I'm afraid. I'm interested to see what Aerospace EVO pricing will be in 2015.
Appreciate 1
f8xdct158.00
      10-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #26
RickMonet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Reserved: waiting for delivery
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #27
chiplee
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_PATHY View Post
Chiplee,

I would also check out Bremont. I'm thinking of setting up a custom order with my squadron. Not sure the commitment requirement, but I hear the discounts are close to 50%. I'm kind of over Breitling, due to everyone (especially in the aviation world) having one.

I really want the Terra Nova

The Boeing is really sharp as well.

Check out examples from previous squadrons.

http://www.bremont.com/military
Our buy is done, but good tip. We didn't consider Bremont; just Omega and Breitling.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #28
Sutorius
BMW CCA 500851
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 M

Garage List
2017 BMW X5 M  [9.50]
2016 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
It's getting very difficult to get a Breitling group buy done. You used to get the watch for peanuts relative to retail but not anymore. I was actually told we needed 25 buyers, and pricing is now $2,857 for a titanium attachment with a custom caseback. We didn't make 25, but when we got to 18 and I told them it was $50k or nothing they took it. We eventually added 2 more buyers and got to 20. The most recent just joined last week actually.

I scoured the earth for former members of the squadron, found like 70 because they all keep in touch, and we still barely made it. Keep in mind this is a reserve squadron where many of the former and current guys are senior airline/cargo pilots who should have no trouble swinging it, just pick up an extra trip or something right? Yeah, no. It's just not the deal it used to be so there aren't going to be a lot of Breitling group buys in the future I'm afraid. I'm interested to see what Aerospace EVO pricing will be in 2015.
I'd be interested in getting in on a Breitling group buy.
2015 BMW M4 (Sold)
2008 BMW 550i (Sold), 2008 BMW X5 4.8i (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #29
chiplee
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutoriusNYC View Post
I'd be interested in getting in on a Breitling group buy.
For the watch in my picture? All watches in any buy have to be for the same exact design, so it would have a Hornet and our squadron patch on the face as pictured. Buyers can all do a custom caseback in just about any config they want. Probably time to join if you want. PM if so.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #30
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
EXCELLENT IDEA!! I'll be posting shortly!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #31
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
My Ulysses
Youre a watch guy too? Did we just become best friends?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #32
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/SO F80 & 135 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:

We did the group buy about 5 or 6 years ago…here is my Aerospace with my Avenger Blacksteel…wish I had my M3 to take a picture with these! But you are right, it took us some time to get enough to do the group buy…we were able to finally do it because we didn't wait for a specific squadron and just did the TMS instead...
Attached Images

///M3 SO/SO / MT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg. / Adaptive Suspension / Enhanced USB / HK / Full Front XPEL / 35 Tint / MODS: Custom painted engine cover and grill surrounds, Pedal Haus Kit, M-Performance Alcantara shifter/boot & e-brake boot, carbon e-brake handle, wrapped seat shells/rear headrests, M-Performance Spoiler with CRT Stripe.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #33
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=M_PATHY;16734400]Chiplee,

Saw the Bremont folks at Hook a few years ago…you are right, great watches…definitely have one of their watches on my bucket list!
///M3 SO/SO / MT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg. / Adaptive Suspension / Enhanced USB / HK / Full Front XPEL / 35 Tint / MODS: Custom painted engine cover and grill surrounds, Pedal Haus Kit, M-Performance Alcantara shifter/boot & e-brake boot, carbon e-brake handle, wrapped seat shells/rear headrests, M-Performance Spoiler with CRT Stripe.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #34
M3FANATIX
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I didn't realize there were so many Navy people on here. I am carrier bubba too, though backseat traps are a bit different. I got the Breitling Evo and its my favorite watch at the moment. It is comfortable and it looks great at 43mm. I have heard of some people sending their Bremonts back for different issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #35
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here is a couple pics of my Cartier Roadster Chrono XL. I have a brown band and stainless band and not pictured is also a black leather band. I love the interchangeable bands. I've had my eye on a Hublot Classic Fusion for a while now too, not sure if I should mod my car or my wrist in the coming future.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #36
chiplee
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchmob6 View Post
We did the group buy about 5 or 6 years ago…here is my Aerospace with my Avenger Blacksteel…wish I had my M3 to take a picture with these! But you are right, it took us some time to get enough to do the group buy…we were able to finally do it because we didn't wait for a specific squadron and just did the TMS instead...
Both beautiful. That's smart going TMS. I really don't see how a fleet squadron will get it done any other way at this point. I figured it would be a snap in the reserves where everyone already has their civilian career pretty well set, but we had half a dozen fall outs at the end and almost lost the whole deal. I was prepared to buy two or three to get it done, but I've heard of guys doing that before and being stuck for a very long time. In fact I know of a current squadron CO who acts like a used car salesman every time a new guy checks in; trying to get rid of his extra Breitlings, lol. I'm very happy we pulled it off and excited to get mine in a few months.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #37
YianniM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCHOP View Post
Here is a couple pics of my Cartier Roadster Chrono XL. I have a brown band and stainless band and not pictured is also a black leather band. I love the interchangeable bands. I've had my eye on a Hublot Classic Fusion for a while now too, not sure if I should mod my car or my wrist in the coming future.
That things awesome you got me looking at them for sale
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #38
YianniM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
Me and my Fiance of 3 days. Im wearing a Panerai 88 I also constantly change the band depending on what I'm wearing. She's wearing a Rolex Oyster Perpetual. I love my panerai.

I made her walk outside to take these pictures just now lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #39
M3FANATIX
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YianniM3
Me and my Fiance of 3 days. Im wearing a Panerai 88 I also constantly change the band depending on what I'm wearing. She's wearing a Rolex Oyster Perpetual. I love my panerai.

These are the new engagement photos! Congrats. That's a lot of cash on two wrists.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #40
chiplee
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YianniM3 View Post

3 days? Congrats on the engagement. Any big production for the question?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #41
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Both beautiful. That's smart going TMS. I really don't see how a fleet squadron will get it done any other way at this point. I figured it would be a snap in the reserves where everyone already has their civilian career pretty well set, but we had half a dozen fall outs at the end and almost lost the whole deal. I was prepared to buy two or three to get it done, but I've heard of guys doing that before and being stuck for a very long time. In fact I know of a current squadron CO who acts like a used car salesman every time a new guy checks in; trying to get rid of his extra Breitlings, lol. I'm very happy we pulled it off and excited to get mine in a few months.
Thanks much…yours is going to be a good looking watch too…I have a rubber strap for mine too, to mix it up a little once in a while. The Aerospace is very comfortable and lightweight. I am also a fan of the accuracy…about every six months I have to adjust the time by a few seconds.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #42
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't realize there were so many Navy people on here. I am carrier bubba too, though backseat traps are a bit different. I got the Breitling Evo and its my favorite watch at the moment. It is comfortable and it looks great at 43mm. I have heard of some people sending their Bremonts back for different issues.
Interesting…had not heard about having to send those back…
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #43
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
These are the new engagement photos! Congrats. That's a lot of cash on two wrists.
+1!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #44
YianniM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YianniM3 View Post

3 days? Congrats on the engagement. Any big production for the question?
Thank you I got it all on video. I can post it once I upload it...

Is there an easier way to upload a video to the forum with out putting it on YouTube
Appreciate 0