Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #89
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Its done, switched camp from SO/SO to BSM/Black (black wheels been the choice all along). Stealth machine. I like how it looks somehow smaller and wider in the BSM.

Guess I'd better stock up on detailing kit!
      06-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #90
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
I wanna see BSM with Black kidney grille
      06-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #91
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I have seen both the M3 and M4 in Sapphire and they look absolutely stunning!
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #92
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

More BS pics
Source: Internet
Attached Images

06-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #93
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^Can't wait to get mine should be very very soon now!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #94
Bonovox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterM4 View Post
Its done, switched camp from SO/SO to BSM/Black (black wheels been the choice all along). Stealth machine. I like how it looks somehow smaller and wider in the BSM.

Guess I'd better stock up on detailing kit!
+1 ... yesterday my order status went to 112 I switched from SO/Black to BSM/SO.

Frankly I'd be thrilled if someone appeared on Shark Tank with a new method for changing a car's color with the flip of a switch. Out playing around? Sahkir Orange. Going to a business meeting -- Mineral Gray. Taking the wife out to a nice dinner? BSM. Going to the track? AW....
      06-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #95
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonovox View Post
+1 ... yesterday my order status went to 112 I switched from SO/Black to BSM/SO.

Frankly I'd be thrilled if someone appeared on Shark Tank with a new method for changing a car's color with the flip of a switch. Out playing around? Sahkir Orange. Going to a business meeting -- Mineral Gray. Taking the wife out to a nice dinner? BSM. Going to the track? AW....
Nice spec there. Had me thinking for a while what Shark Tank is, the show is called lions den here in the UK.
      06-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #96
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonovox View Post

Good choice! you can never go wrong with a classic color like Black) It's sad that i can't pick up BS due to the no contrast issue with CFB roof. I might wrap my car later in matte black though.
      06-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #97
lfelunden
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Garage List
[F82/F83] Official BLACK SAPPHIRE M4 Coupe/Convertible Thread

So What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #98
lfelunden
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Garage List

So What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #99
Gonven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #100
amritkang
Rep
Drives: bmw

Glad I chose Silver/grey wheels now
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #101
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Wow, looks stunning on this picture. At first I didn't really think about black, but it's maybe the best color for the M4 (still not sure about the M3). It makes the car look less bloated and it looks mean and classy at the same time (at least with the silver wheels).
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #102
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritkang View Post
Glad I chose Silver/grey wheels now
Yeah does look better than I thought. I'm going for the black to help hide some of the brake dust in between cleans.
      06-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #103
amritkang
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterM4 View Post
Yeah does look better than I thought. I'm going for the black to help hide some of the brake dust in between cleans.
Iv been thinking of changing the order to black wheels for weeks now but as the lease company still hasnt given me a definitive delivery date, I wouldnt dare risk delaying it anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #104
phear_me
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Am personally really stuck between:

Black Exterior + Black Interior
Black Exterior + Grey Full Leather
Alpine White + Black Exterior

All options would have the black wheels and carbon fiber trim.

Black on Black is just classic and has that murderous stealth look. You can't go wrong and it's by far the safest bet without being able to see the car in person.

Black on Grey really shows off the full leather option and interior looks particularly sharp with the grey accents on the door sills and dash.

Alpine White + Standard Black Accents + Black Wheels + Carbon Fiber Roof + Black Window Tint could look REALLY hard. This one is the biggest risk/reward without being able to see the car, but as it seems to be the most popular color, I think others are seeing the potential that I see.

So difficult to choose.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 04:37 AM   #105
phear_me
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritkang View Post
Iv been thinking of changing the order to black wheels for weeks now but as the lease company still hasnt given me a definitive delivery date, I wouldnt dare risk delaying it anymore.
Hard to believe wheels would delay the car. Get the wheels you want. You'll have the car much longer than you'll be waiting for it, no?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #106
AYEDEE
Captain
Australia-Aboriginal
Rep
Drives: 3 Series BMW

Wheel choice shouldn't slow down the processing order
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #107
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

I love this thread!
Attached Images

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #108
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

The sales manager is teasing me because he knows I go to Germany in less then 2 weeks to pick up mine. This one is at his dealership right now, and I can't drive it!
Attached Images

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 02:27 AM   #109
Spencer25
2015 M4 Coupe, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6; 2015 F25 M4 Demo

Amazing!!! This Car is A Masterpiece. Feels Faster than My M6. Exhaust is A Beautiful Symphony, MUCH better than the M6. Engine is Perfectly Tuned, Always Delivers Max Torque and Tires Are Glued To The Road. Most Fun I Have Ever Had In Any Car.

I took delivery of the M4 and have been blown away by how good it really is. The reviews have set high expectations, which were already high coming from my F13 M6, but this car exceeds all standards set for it! I will start by concluded that if I were given an M4 and an M6 and was told that each was the same price, I would take the M4 hands down. Why? the M4 is a driver's car, has useable power, feels faster and sounds much more aggressive that my M6, is more practical in size, and has better styling all around. Sure some of the plush interior features of the M6 are not included in the M4, but I will take the M4's drivers feel and performance over the added weight of soft close doors and lazy boy bucket seats. Every feature in the M4 is perfect, some how the M division got it all right on their first pass at this new model.

Features of the M4 that have blown me away so far:
1. Exhaust Sound is throaty, loud, and aggressive and does not let you forget you are driving a race car.
2. Lighter much better handling
3. Upgraded and more integrated electronics
4. All Useable power doesn’t lose traction accelerating like the M6
5. Aggressive styling make this car look as good as it performs.
6. Much more interior space. The back seat of the M4 gives about 8” more legroom than the M6. How could this be? I have no idea, but its true.

The Passive Suspension perfectly adapts to road conditions. Had the adaptive in the M6, and it never felt like it was on the right setting for the driving condition at the time. The M4’s passive suspension feels tight, natural, and aggressive. In my opinion, I would definitely keep the passive suspension unless you like long grand touring rides in comfort mode of adaptive.

Some interesting things so far:
1. The tire pressure and temperature readings are given in idrive vehicle info
2. the enhanced Bluetooth puts all spotify album art on the screen. Great improvements over 2014 bmw models. Interface has less problems and doesn’t freeze anymore when channel surfing streaming content.
3. Heads up display shows music information now in additional to just gps and speed limit. When you switch to the M view, the gps and music goes to the instrument cluster automatically so its always in front of you.
4. The Harmon Kardon sound system is ok. Definitely not as powerful as the B&O, but much less rattles because there are no thick metal grates covering the speakers.
5. The M lights on the seats are the coolest thing ever, and are keepgin me from getting tint put on for a few days because I love seeing it so much. Put the light setting on the longest setting to keep them on.
6. MDM mode does not give enough freedom. In the M6, you could still get wheel spin in MDM and it would not interference with mildly aggressive driving. In the M4, the engine power is cut off pretty often even in MDM mode during normal/slightly aggressive driving. Hopefully this lessen after the break in period.
7. Some rattles around the car. And the trunk doesn’t pop open with key button. It unlocks but the spring is not strong enough to lift the trunk open itself.
8. There is no “All” climate control setting, so you have to manually adjust driver and passenger temp settings separetly.
9. The auto start-stop function DOES stay off unless you turn it on of course. Thank god! So no programming needed.
10. The steering is looser than the M6 even in Sport+. It feels more like the Audi RS5 with steering that tightens at higher spends and is loose and fluffy at slow driving speeds. I do wish the steering had a Sport+ x4 setting.
11. The exhaust changes completely once the car gets warm. At cold start, the exhaust sounds like a lawnmower with a loose bolt rattling around, but once she it warm, it’s the loudest meanest groaning exhaust of any car I have yet owned.
12. Slight changes in the steering wheel heater button, and tightening of the lane change indicators are nice touches.
13. The new M seats are amazing comfortable, especially given how slender they are. The seats are very adjustable, and hold you in much better than the bulky Lazy boy M5 and M6 seats.

Also, take a look at the lines on the trunk that follow down from the carbon fiber roof. Such a great detail that I never notices in pictures before.

I will put some more feedback once I have time to drive a bit more. I will be trying to stay off the forums while I’m studying for the Bar, but feel free to PM with any questions. Let me know if you are around the OC for cars and coffee on Saturday.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #110
modeno
serve extra cold
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.08]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer25 View Post
Amazing!!! This Car is A Masterpiece. Feels Faster than My M6. Exhaust is A Beautiful Symphony, MUCH better than the M6. Engine is Perfectly Tuned, Always Delivers Max Torque and Tires Are Glued To The Road. Most Fun I Have Ever Had In Any Car.
Thanks for all the insight! Its great to hear how it compares to the M6.
Appreciate 0