BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #133
secretanchitman
Hero of Time/M5 Fanatic
secretanchitman's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Not in the U.S. If we're talking about 328i/428i, 4 series will get B58 at LCI in March 2016, and 3 series will get it a year _after_ its LCI, in July 2016.
That stinks. I honestly thought that B58 will appear next year (in 2015) in the 3 series LCI as a 2016 model, and at the same time as a "bonus", all 4 series models would get B58 as well, before their respective LCI.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #134
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
That stinks. I honestly thought that B58 will appear next year (in 2015) in the 3 series LCI as a 2016 model, and at the same time as a "bonus", all 4 series models would get B58 as well, before their respective LCI.
Don't be so disappointed. BMW's new engines can be a mixed blessing. They add performance and/or fuel economy, but can bring with them headaches like the N54's fuel pump or N47's timing chain.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #135
SickFinga
Captain
1039
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Not in the U.S. If we're talking about 328i/428i, 4 series will get B58 at LCI in March 2016, and 3 series will get it a year _after_ its LCI, in July 2016.
Wait, I'm confused. Why are we talking about 328i/428i when he is asking about B58?

Also didn't you say f30 will get B58 in July 2015, not 2016
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #136
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Wait, I'm confused. Why are we talking about 328i/428i when he is asking about B58?

Also didn't you say f30 will get B58 in July 2015, not 2016
That was me not paying attention.

B58 will go into F30 in July 2015, F32/33/36 in March 2016.

Thanks for catching this.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #137
anilkakumani
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW Z4
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Not able to post. May I know whom I need to contact

Hi All,
First issue isI am not able to post. I am not sure whats wrong in my profile and how do i contact administrators .

second issue is I have a 2007 BMW Z4 that I bought 3 months back. It got 58K miles and is out of factory warranty. Do I need to buy extended warranty for my car with 58K miles. If so, please suggest some better warranty companies. I head that dealers charge more for extended warranty. I am planning to have this car for another 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #138
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
bimmerbuff's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: Between BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Added production dates for the M2.
I'm going to ask what's probably a silly question, but here goes.

The F22 is listed with an EOP of 10/20.
The F23 is listed with an EOP of 10/21.

Why is the M2 only going to have a US production run from 3/16 through 10/18? Shouldn't it be longer to match up with the F22/F23 production run?

This is a really cool list, thanks for posting it and keeping it up-to-date!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #139
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
I'm going to ask what's probably a silly question, but here goes.

The F22 is listed with an EOP of 10/20.
The F23 is listed with an EOP of 10/21.

Why is the M2 only going to have a US production run from 3/16 through 10/18? Shouldn't it be longer to match up with the F22/F23 production run?

This is a really cool list, thanks for posting it and keeping it up-to-date!
It could be a limited run, like it happened with 1M. Or it could be due for an LCI in 2018. The main point is that this specific model will have those production dates. Exactly what happens after, we'll only know in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #140
verheizer
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 435i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ger

iTrader: (0)

Awesome informations!!

Could you post some more about the EU F20 models? When will the LCI be and will the M135i keep the N55?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #141
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
bimmerbuff's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: Between BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
It could be a limited run, like it happened with 1M. Or it could be due for an LCI in 2018. The main point is that this specific model will have those production dates. Exactly what happens after, we'll only know in a year or two.
Got it, thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #142
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verheizer View Post
Awesome informations!!

Could you post some more about the EU F20 models? When will the LCI be and will the M135i keep the N55?
Thanks
First, you'll see 114d and 116d adopt the B37 engine in November 2014.

LCI starts production in March 2015. At that time, you will get B38 engines in 114i and 116i, B37 in 118d, and B47 in 120d and 125d.

M135i will keep N55 for some time, then move to B58 in July 2016. At the same time, 120i and 125i will get B48.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #143
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

New update, change in engine situation for F30 LCI.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #144
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
285
Rep
3,897
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
New update, change in engine situation for F30 LCI.
Would be nice if M2 also had a change in engine situation, but won't happen.


If not, what is the change for F30 LCI?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #145
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
If not, what is the change for F30 LCI?
See first post: N20 continues in 320i.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #146
choupaps
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Very interesting informations, the most interesting part seems to be that the M235i LCI will have the B58B30M0, like the 335i, which tends to confirm that the Middle version of the B58 will have at least 320 hp.

Could you please confirm that the F20 M135i will have the same B58B30M0 ?

In the same way, do you have a release date for the B58 in the X5 F15, X6 F16, 6 series F12 and 5 series F10 ? Is is the same B58B30M0 or is it a B58B30O0 ?

Is there any B58B30O0 which appear for a future vehicle ?

About the Mini F56, do you have a B48B20T0 ? (it would be the John Cooper Works version)

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #147
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choupaps View Post
Could you please confirm that the F20 M135i will have the same B58B30M0 ?
Yes.
Quote:
In the same way, do you have a release date for the B58 in the X5 F15, X6 F16, 6 series F12 and 5 series F10 ? Is is the same B58B30M0 or is it a B58B30O0 ?
F15/F16 - not until LCI.
F10/F12 - no (wait for the next generation).
Quote:
Is there any B58B30O0 which appear for a future vehicle ?
Not yet.
Quote:
About the Mini F56, do you have a B48B20T0 ? (it would be the John Cooper Works version)
No, JCW is O0.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #148
choupaps
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Thanks !

Could you confirm that it is gonna be the B48B20O0 in the 125i ?

In the same way, do you have a release date for the B57 in the 5 series ou 3 series, which is the first model to have it ?

Thank you very much !
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #149
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
414
Rep
1,231
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

In order to clarify, will the F31 receive the B48 engine for MY2017 or 2018?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #150
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
In order to clarify, will the F31 receive the B48 engine for MY2017 or 2018?
Refer to F30 notes. F31 will match F30 exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #151
ynguldyn
Colonel
2484
Rep
2,003
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choupaps View Post
Could you confirm that it is gonna be the B48B20O0 in the 125i ?
Yes.
Quote:
In the same way, do you have a release date for the B57 in the 5 series ou 3 series, which is the first model to have it ?
The first model with B57 will be G11/G12 7 series.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #152
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
414
Rep
1,231
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
In order to clarify, will the F31 receive the B48 engine for MY2017 or 2018?
Refer to F30 notes. F31 will match F30 exactly.
Thanks! Do you have anything about the 2016 1 serie hatchback getting to us market on the Fwd platform?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #153
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
2734
Rep
7,820
Posts

Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Seems very early for the F20 being replaced since it came out in late 2011. Using the normal seven year cycle, that puts a 1er replacement around 2018 or 2019.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #154
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
414
Rep
1,231
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
Seems very early for the F20 being replaced since it came out in late 2011. Using the normal seven year cycle, that puts a 1er replacement around 2018 or 2019.
I was under the same impression but according to autobild the 1 serie hatchback should join the 2 active tourer in us around 2016.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
future bmw, release date, upcoming bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST