Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #23
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

JesseH234 yeah you'll be good on the flex-fuel front, I'm all set to run 93-E50 on mine. I just have to worry about emissions testing and need to be able to have my readiness codes working for the OBD2 portion of it.

I asked Paul about the Nostrum injectors too and he said he's tuned a few of them and they seem to do just fine and do what they're supposed to do. I don't really think you can go wrong either way imo.

What E% was that datalog on? You're def running out of fuel in there very similar to how I was. Paul and I ended up backing my tune down a decent bit for me to clean it up and ended up only pushing ~26-27ps out of it.

Your boost pressure is just so so strange, I don't know what to think of it at all still haha.
      12-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #24
G82 Jesse
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 xDrive

heitzke Update here: This afternoon, I dropped my car off at the shop for the rest of the week. They're going to take quite a deep dive into diagnosing the cause of my boost issues. They've admitted they've never seen it spike and fall so rapidly, but that behavior gives them a good idea of where to start.

The first stop is to swap the stock top-mount intercooler with a spare one they have on stand-by to see if that's the cause. If so, we can actually order a MAD one (one of the cheapest options, but it's still a quality-enough unit) to replace it. They also said their might be an issue with my wastegate itself and they have a way to calibrate it. Interesting thread on that issue itself: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1709552

Also, my new injectors, HPFP, and bend calibration kit + harness is here! After my car is fully sorted (fingers REALLY crossed on that boost issue fix..) I should be rocking a 700whp+ rocket
Appreciate 1
heitzke1152.50
      12-14-2021, 10:03 AM   #25
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

JesseH234 Nice! Hopefully you're going to be all in a good spot soon then. That's a verrrry interesting thread on the WG wastegate calibration too - I didn't even realize that was a thing until scrolling on through there.

I also think you'll be very happy with the bend kit - I still continue to be impressed with the quality and how well it's put together. I swapped my filter for the first time and was super easy (albeit a little messy for me) .

Paul and I just decided to call is a wrap on my tune vs trying to push for any more and leave me some headroom. Going to order the S63 EU5 and probably go w/ the Dorch kit for my fueling - thus hopefully joining your 700whp club as well later on lol.