Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

07-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
$hah$
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 MG/MT/ZCP & 2023 X7

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Los Angeles

My tire has a bad puncture and is completely flat in my garage. Any rim shop/tire shop recommends in West LA and any chance the shop has anyone that will be able to take the rim off for me?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by $hah$ View Post
My tire has a bad puncture and is completely flat in my garage. Any rim shop/tire shop recommends in West LA and any chance the shop has anyone that will be able to take the rim off for me?
Americas Tire. It's free flat repair if it's repairable.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Americas Tire. It's free flat repair if it's repairable.
They'll also scratch the f*ck out of your wheel.
Appreciate 3
icegrill2078.00
JamesGames1326.00
yjypm219.00
      07-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
$hah$
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Trying to avoid places with scratches and dents. I think the tire is not replaceable at the rate the air was leaking out once I pulled into my garage. Does the F80, even have a jack and lug wrenches to take off the rim? I haven't had to deal with this stuff since I've been in M's.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Trying to avoid places with scratches and dents. I think the tire is not replaceable at the rate the air was leaking out once I pulled into my garage. Does the F80, even have a jack and lug wrenches to take off the rim? I haven't had to deal with this stuff since I've been in M's.
The F80 does not come with a jack. It might be a good time to run over to Harbor Freight and pick up a cheap low profile jack just to have in the garage. The bolts are 17mm and can be loosened with a socket wrench; although a torque wrench is advised when putting it back on.

As far as shops go, Wheel Enhancement near LAX has great reviews. They've done 6 tires (dismounting/mounting/balancing) for me when Auto Talent was close to them -- they turned out perfect. They are expensive though.

Another shop I've gone to is VIBE Motorsport. I've done 5 sets of wheels/tires (dismounting/mounting/balancing) there and it's been perfect every time. Price is reasonable but they are all the way in Burbank.

Whatever you do don't go to America's Tire Co. They are literally shit.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
I've never had any problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've never had any problems.
I've been to ATC about 8 times in my life. Six of those times have resulted in scratched wheels. I just didn't care because it was on pickup trucks and suvs. But 2 of the times involved wheels for my previous bmw. Both times got scratched.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
I've been to ATC about 8 times in my life. Six of those times have resulted in scratched wheels. I just didn't care because it was on pickup trucks and suvs. But 2 of the times involved wheels for my previous bmw. Both times got scratched.
Welp, sucks to be you.

I'll continue to go to my America's Tire until something happens.

I've been to ATC many times, over 20+ for over 6 years. Never had an issue lol. They even mounted my WORK wheels on my FR-S no issues
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #9
$hah$
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The F80 does not come with a jack. It might be a good time to run over to Harbor Freight and pick up a cheap low profile jack just to have in the garage. The bolts are 17mm and can be loosened with a socket wrench; although a torque wrench is advised when putting it back on.

As far as shops go, Wheel Enhancement near LAX has great reviews. They've done 6 tires (dismounting/mounting/balancing) for me when Auto Talent was close to them -- they turned out perfect. They are expensive though.

Another shop I've gone to is VIBE Motorsport. I've done 5 sets of wheels/tires (dismounting/mounting/balancing) there and it's been perfect every time. Price is reasonable but they are all the way in Burbank.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks a ton! In the process of getting a jack and prob taking it over to Stokes this week, since they are the closest and the guy over the phone sounded legit.

There has to be a solution out there for a donut/spare for the F80? Bmw roadside assistances solution was to tow the car, with no alternative given to me. When my rim is basically on the ground and my cf splitters a tow would result in a bent rim and scrapes or a crack on my splitter with how I've had tow trucks handle my BMWs in the past. How is BMW roadside assistance even assistance? This has been a frustrating experience.

With my M4 I dealt with flats, but I always had enough time to get to a shop. This time the air depleted as soon as I pulled into my garage and had to run to get tooth surgery yesterday. This has been a crappy weekend so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #10
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks a ton! In the process of getting a jack and prob taking it over to Stokes this week, since they are the closest and the guy over the phone sounded legit.

There has to be a solution out there for a donut/spare for the F80? Bmw roadside assistances solution was to tow the car, with no alternative given to me. When my rim is basically on the ground and my cf splitters a tow would result in a bent rim and scrapes or a crack on my splitter with how I've had tow trucks handle my BMWs in the past. How is BMW roadside assistance even assistance? This has been a frustrating experience.

With my M4 I dealt with flats, but I always had enough time to get to a shop. This time the air depleted as soon as I pulled into my garage and had to run to get tooth surgery yesterday. This has been a crappy weekend so far.
There is a spare tire kit for the F80.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F80-KIT.html
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #11
adeysworld
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18' M3 ZCP

Quote:
P Zero store
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #12
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Welp, sucks to be you.

I'll continue to go to my America's Tire until something happens.

I've been to ATC many times, over 20+ for over 6 years. Never had an issue lol. They even mounted my WORK wheels on my FR-S no issues
It's only a matter of time.. watch how they secure the rim when your tire is being mounted - it's pinched to the machine using adapters that may or may not have their rubber pads still attached. If those rubber pads are missing, then the metal to metal contact occurs. Then they press the foot pedal to SPIN your wheel with the metal on metal clamps doing the work. It's inevitable in this situation to not scratch. However if you don't mind minor surface scratches that aren't really eye level visible , sure, go for it..

I'd rather go to places with touchless mounts. I.E.

You got lucky, I wouldn't chance it. But to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #13
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
It's only a matter of time.. watch how they secure the rim when your tire is being mounted - it's pinched to the machine using adapters that may or may not have their rubber pads still attached. If those rubber pads are missing, then the metal to metal contact occurs. Then they press the foot pedal to SPIN your wheel with the metal on metal clamps doing the work. It's inevitable in this situation to not scratch. However if you don't mind minor surface scratches that aren't really eye level visible , sure, go for it..

I'd rather go to places with touchless mounts. I.E.

You got lucky, I wouldn't chance it. But to each his own.

Also, that's why they have insurance -- to replace your rims if something was to go awry.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #14
$hah$
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

There is a spare tire kit for the F80.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F80-KIT.html
Thank you, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Have any of you purchased this? Does it take up a good amount of room in the trunk?
Appreciate 0