Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
jjm1970
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90M,13 Sti for now.

Three Questions . . .

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
1) I read in Car and Driver February edition - "The M4's perforated-leather front seats won't make you any faster, but their carbon-fiber structural reinforcement does cut weight. Optional sport seats will squeeze fat drivers more tightly than those shown here." I'm sorry, "optional sport seats?" I hadn't heard this anywhere else, has anyone on here?

2) Will the alcantara covered steering wheel with shift lights be available as an option w/M-DCT?

3) Finally, I'm a bit disappointed with the color options like a lot of others on here. Frozen gray, with black ZCP wheels though I think would be incredible. I can get the wheels from Turner Motorsport. Can I order Frozen Gray through individual?

Thanks,
Jason
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmontesanto View Post
1) I read in Car and Driver February edition - "The M4's perforated-leather front seats won't make you any faster, but their carbon-fiber structural reinforcement does cut weight. Optional sport seats will squeeze fat drivers more tightly than those shown here." I'm sorry, "optional sport seats?" I hadn't heard this anywhere else, has anyone on here?

2) Will the alcantara covered steering wheel with shift lights be available as an option w/M-DCT?

3) Finally, I'm a bit disappointed with the color options like a lot of others on here. Frozen gray, with black ZCP wheels though I think would be incredible. I can get the wheels from Turner Motorsport. Can I order Frozen Gray through individual?

Thanks,
Jason
1. C&D is confused and is most likely referring to a possible BMW Performance retrofit option, just like the kind that were offered after the fact for the E9x and E8x (but not in the US).

2. Again, this won't be an option but a retrofit part from BMW Performance. You won't be able to get it installed from the factory.

3. You can go through the Individual program, but it may not be available for a few weeks/months after the introduction of the car. Not entirely sure about this one.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
jjm1970
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90M,13 Sti for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
1. C&D is confused and is most likely referring to a possible BMW Performance retrofit option, just like the kind that were offered after the fact for the E9x and E8x (but not in the US).

2. Again, this won't be an option but a retrofit part from BMW Performance. You won't be able to get it installed from the factory.

3. You can go through the Individual program, but it may not be available for a few weeks/months after the introduction of the car. Not entirely sure about this one.
Thank you for helping me.

Hmm, darn, I wish that wasn't the case. That means I have to pay for a good steering wheel that I don't want initially, and then pay again for a better steering that I do want, and also the labor.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmontesanto
Quote:

Thank you for helping me.

Hmm, darn, I wish that wasn't the case. That means I have to pay for a good steering wheel that I don't want initially, and then pay again for a better steering that I do want, and also the labor.
Yup. Same with any retrofit sport seats, kidney grills, side gills, exhaust, mirror covers, diffuser (labor only), spoiler, front lip (labor only), and interior bits that BMW Performance will likely offer after launch.

The good news is there's a healthy used market on here when you go to sell any of your original parts (or your BMW Performance parts if you choose to part out your F8x years down the line before selling it).
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Yup. Same with any retrofit sport seats, kidney grills, side gills, exhaust, mirror covers, diffuser (labor only), spoiler, front lip (labor only), and interior bits that BMW Performance will likely offer after launch.

The good news is there's a healthy used market on here when you go to sell any of your original parts (or your BMW Performance parts if you choose to part out your F8x years down the line before selling it).
Kidney grills are already available.
Appreciate 0