Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
rsquare
Rep
Drives: 2015 mineral grey m4 , 2017, x

Brake shield issue

Has anyone else had an issue with there break shield rubbing against the rotor. This is now my third time into the dealer for the same problem. The first time they said it was fine. That they could not get it to repeat and of course it happened again first thing the next morning. so when i took it back they figured out it was the left rear. they replaced it and now both rear brake shields are rubbing against the rotors. The time between the first fix and now was only 1100 miles. Anyone else have this issue or suggestion on what action i should take if any? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Atcdod
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 CP  [0.00]
Rocks stuck between the rotor and shields, happened to me multiple times already. There are quite a few posts on this. Good thing is I've had no damage to the rotors, yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
rsquare
Rep
Drives: 2015 mineral grey m4 , 2017, x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atcdod View Post
Rocks stuck between the rotor and shields, happened to me multiple times already. There are quite a few posts on this. Good thing is I've had no damage to the rotors, yet.
The dealer told me after the first repair. The actual shield was hitting the rotor. And after almost 140 miles of there testing they learned it was only happening in the first twenty minutes of driving.
Appreciate 0