proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #287
ck_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT View Post
Thank you for the suggestion, I was just trying to work out how to do that... I have not been on for a while, so apologies this took a while to get back to you, but for anyone still interested, this is the excel, and let me know if changing the extension back works for you all.
This!! Thank you so much for providing this, it's very thorough. Great for anyone starting off with Bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:36 PM   #288
2Slo_F83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 | F83 + 06 | Lexus IS350

Lot of good info, I just bought the app and the hardware needed to get started. Dealing with a 2020 F83 vert with all option packages.

Question for the group - can I code when the car is on? Or it has to be in just ignition? Just wanted to confirm.

Also, can someone point me where I can find the list of options available in BimmerCode and what each does, like a reference guide?

That will be super helpful!
      01-20-2022, 12:01 AM   #289
2Slo_F83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 | F83 + 06 | Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slo_F83 View Post
Lot of good info, I just bought the app and the hardware needed to get started. Dealing with a 2020 F83 vert with all option packages.

Question for the group - can I code when the car is on? Or it has to be in just ignition? Just wanted to confirm.

Also, can someone point me where I can find the list of options available in BimmerCode and what each does, like a reference guide?

Just found out that mirror folding option doesn't work with convertible. Anyone to validate?
Attached Images

01-20-2022, 06:31 AM   #290
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:

I've always done my Bimmercode coding with the ignition on but engine off (experience with E90, G01 and F82).

Had no trouble coding my F82 with the same tweaks as my previous E90 M3 (mirror fold on lock, disable iDrive nag screens and lockouts, plus a few other things I can't remember).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:27 PM   #291
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

Quote:

you can code it with the ignition in position 2. Engine doesn't need to be on. Put your seatbelt on so the car won't go to sleep
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2022, 06:28 AM   #292
gerri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F83 - E46 318Ci Cabrio

Quote:

https://bimmercode.app/cars/f32/
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #293
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

Quote:
Quote:

Just found out that mirror folding option doesn't work with convertible. Anyone to validate?
I have F83 and folding/unfolding mirror using BimmerCode was one of first things I did after getting the car. It only works when I touch the door handle to lock and unlock. I think I can make it work with remote by reducing the delay to 0 but left it as it was for freezing days. I purposefully use remote to lock and unlock on icy days so the mirror doesn't have to break ice to work.
15 BMW F83 M4, MHD Stage 2, CBC, xHP Stage 2, ADD W1 Catchcan, AA Single Mid, Eibach Pro, 12.5mm spacers, BMC drop-in with charcoal removed, other misc/cosmetics (Alpha 1 speakers, all exterior LED light bulbs, ambient light upgrade-center console/doors, Hardwired Garmin Dashcam)
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0