Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #89
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
So a ticket is 1500 (meaning you would be going by yourself, not paying for a spouse / significant other)? $100 a night is a pretty budget hotel... what about food?

Even with your costs , you mention it comes out "about the same", which is my point. It does not make sense to do euro delivery "JUST" for the money, which I think was what you said originally. You dont currently lose a "lot" of money doing euro delivery, but back in the day people used to do Euro Delivery, and fly in, take delivery, and drive the car right to the drop off spot and fly back home the next day... because it made financial sense to do so.

It no longer really does, unless the flight to europe is already a sunk cost.

lol ya those estimates are way off. the only way to really save money by doing ED is to go pick up the car and drop it off the same or next day. and this is assuming you can get low priced tickets and time off of work. i also wouldn't want to have a car as i'm traveling through europe. their rail system is so good and their traffic and parking is so bad, i couldn't imagine driving my brand new bmw there. I love BMWs. I love traveling to europe. I dont like the combination
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #90
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
So a ticket is 1500 (meaning you would be going by yourself, not paying for a spouse / significant other)? $100 a night is a pretty budget hotel... what about food?

Even with your costs , you mention it comes out "about the same", which is my point. It does not make sense to do euro delivery "JUST" for the money, which I think was what you said originally. You dont currently lose a "lot" of money doing euro delivery, but back in the day people used to do Euro Delivery, and fly in, take delivery, and drive the car right to the drop off spot and fly back home the next day... because it made financial sense to do so.

It no longer really does, unless the flight to europe is already a sunk cost.
Maybe because it was off season, but they were 4-star hotels. Not staying in any one place very long, so it's just for sleeping and priority was given to parking arrangements over personal amenities. Food? I guess you don't eat food when you're stateside? Maybe because we go out to eat regularly, it doesn't seem like a significant cost factor.

It's still worth it, considering CCA $500 rebate stacks with European Delivery but not fleet discounts. So you're really looking at a delta of $4000. If you keep your trip within that price-range, you basically just got a "free" European vacation. If you make it a real short trip and spend half of that, you just pocketed $2000 and got a driving experience not available state-side. Even if you go over, that's still a $4000 discount on a European vacation!

Yes it used to make even more sense, but it's still a solid deal IMO. I think maybe this is the American hermit crab mentality. I've lived all over the world, and I think America has the highest percentage of people content to live out their whole lives in whatever podunk town they were spawned in. God bless the USA, I guess.

The waiting for an extra month is a somewhat valid argument, I guess, if you have absolutely no other car and don't get corporate discounts on rentals and absolutely must have the mode of transport.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #91
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space gray View Post
Thank you!!! I signed up!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #92
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space gray View Post
True - the program continues until May 1; however, I believe you have to be a member prior to Feb-21 to use it. Otherwise, no discount. No tickey no washy.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #93
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefalco25 View Post
I used USAA, which is available to anybody that falls into the following categories: Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military. Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS). Adult children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.

Additionally, I was not able to utilize my Morgan Stanly benefits, however, I was able to take advantage of the $1000 BMW credit at time I paid for my car. Was $3500 total in savings on my M.
Congrats! Anymore details on that $1,000 credit?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #94
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxr006 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
I used the "Morgan Stanley Reserved Program" for an additional $2500 discount on my M4. Dealer never heard of the program and advised I was the first to use it. Very simple to obtain if you have an account. And yes, the $2500 off was on top of the deal I already negotiated. And, NO, you don't have to be a BMW employee to get it. Just follow the instructions.

Offer Details:

$2,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of a BMW 2, 3, 4, 5, i8, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 and Z4 (includes M models)
$3,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of the 6 and 7 series (includes M models)
$5,000 off the purchase or $1,500 of the lease of a BMW *i3 BEV, i3 REX
More importantly why do you do business with morgan Stanley? They one of the lowest rated brokers, and be careful the my just don't churn your account.

Just buy vanguard passive index funds.
Totally OT but cite your source on that

Topratedfirms.com
Pissedconsumer.com
Investmentnews.com "Morgan Stanley head count drops to record low" can't retain talent.
Fool.com: problem with full service brokerage accounts.

The guy who sits next to me who bitches about $100 trades..

I don't understand why would want to invest with a human... if those dudes were that good, they would be running a hedge fund.
Lol. No words.
      04-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #95
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
What keeps me from doing ED is the time. Takes too long to get your car.
I thought that too until I did it, now I can't imagine not doing it - it adds so much to your car remembering cruising the same car through Milan or the Alps or along the riviera ... which is completely an emotional thing but that's the only reason to buy these cars in the first place: because we're all weak emotionally.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #96
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy
For what it's worth, the CCA rebate stacks with European Delivery.

The ED discount is so significant I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it that way.
Because, unless you are already going to Europe for vacation (or have a bunch of points / miles from business / personal travel to make the trip free), the amount of discount is largely eaten up by travel / hotel costs.

I have not done it (I am considering it sometime but dont vacation in Europe), but I dont think the discount is big enough to go there JUST for the discount.

For the experience + the discount, sure.
I've done ED with my F80.
If you are a travel stud, you can definitely save $$,$$$.xx doing ED. Even if you pay for the airline ticket out of pocket, you can do an in-and-out same day ED, or add a one night stay to check out a few beer pubs.

With 1+ months advance airline ticket shopping, you can find off-season tickets for ~$600, summer for ~$900 from most parts of the US (not 1st class, obviously).

For a $70K F80 build (conservative price tag, can easily push it north of $85K), 5% ED discount == $3.5K. You also save some money on MACO fees (n/a) and better all around deal since dealers who know how ED allocations are handled, will cut far batter deals on ED cars vs. those that cost them allocation slots.

When I did my ED in December of 2014 (7% ED discount), I had saved ~$10K vs. buying a car off the dealer's lot.

One can easily blow those $10K savings (and then some), on a semi-luxurious Euro vacation. But that's entirely up to you. I flew and stayed on points, so you can estimate the bottom line from there...

Quote:
What keeps me from doing ED is the time. Takes too long to get your car.
The car goes through the same transportation flow as any US-bound car.
It make take an additional few days to get the ED car from the drop-off location to Bremerhaven docks (plus whatever long you drove it in Europe), but otherwise, it's the same time-frame as shipping an individual spec-ed US market car.

YMMV,
a

Last edited by afadeev; 05-01-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #97
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Here you go boys. I got the $1500 AARP discount and applied for the BMW cca rebate and it got denied.
I can hereby confirm that BMW CCA rebate gets denied (by BMW NA) if you also get fleet discount from your employer or non-profit (AARP, Morgan, or others).

I collected my fleet discount (on an i3) by way of both the $1.5K price reduction, as well as reduced lease MFs. Submitted my CCA rebate (hey, why not).

BMW CCA had confirmed that my CCA rebate paperwork was in order on 3/19, and forwarded it for processing to BMW NA.
On 4/21, I got an email that said BMW NA had denied it. The exact wording: "This vehicle received an Executive Allowance discount. Also known as Corporate Fleet discount. The Membership Rewards Program cannon be used in conjunction with these programs per the terms of conditions of both"

No hard feelings.
Just facts.

a
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #98
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:

I don't understand why would want to invest with a human... if those dudes were that good, they would be running a hedge fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
Lol. No words.
As it turns out, the hedge fund dudes aren't that good either.

Appreciate 1
r2087.00
      05-10-2017, 02:15 AM   #99
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Hearing the Fleet discount is no longer good on M2s, btw.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #100
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Hearing the Fleet discount is no longer good on M2s, btw.
+1 and now they have been lowered from 1500 to 500
IS350117.00