ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Dasm3nd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

"Wait till May.."

For what it's worth: Yesterday, I called my SA to finalize the specs of my YMB M3 so he can put into que when customer ordering begins. He said there is no rush as he told me we will have to wait until May when US ordering will likely start for M3/M4. He stated US market is pickier so BMW will let Europeans workout kinks etc. He stated this is what occurred for F10. He thinks cars will be ready late summer/early fall.

Someone once jokingly told me lawyers are like jukeboxes: put a quarter in it and they will tell you what you want to hear. SAs seem to be the same way as I have seen 15 different predictions on these forums for when US configurator is coming online and when US customer allocations will be officially announced (not dealer allocations).

I just want to know the truth of the matter. This just blows.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Dude, if you wait till May you won't get a car for a long time. Dealers already got allocations and took orders to fill them. The dealers by me are sold out and not even keeping a list.
      03-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Dude, if you wait till May you won't get a car for a long time. Dealers already got allocations and took orders to fill them. The dealers by me are sold out and not even keeping a list.
SSSSHHHHH
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
No dealers have allocations yet that is incorrect.. Only for launch vehicles..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by messm3 View Post
No dealers have allocations yet that is incorrect.. Only for launch vehicles..
Dealers have their allocations for the model run already. My dealer is getting 4 M4's and 3 M3's. (for the model year run) I saw this this for myself on the allocation print out. Dealers allocation for these cars were also based on last year M sales and my dealer is a specific M Store. They even sold the launch cars. In thier view, why keep the launch cars and pay floor plan on them when you can't get the car.
      03-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Dasm3nd
Private First Class
Rep

Where is your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

If you are waiting for your dealer to get allocation you have missed the boat. What the dealers have to wait for now is when the production slots will be for their sold allocations.
      03-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #8
Dasm3nd
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1
If you are waiting for your dealer to get allocation you have missed the boat. What the dealers have to wait for now is when the production slots will be for their sold allocations.
Ok. Well then it seems--based on his info--the production slots will be available in May. I have the first customer/non-launch slot for M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasm3nd View Post
Where is your dealer?
I am in the Northeast. I wont say where since I am trying to find a dealer left with an allocation. Easier to find M3 allocation than M4.
      03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #10
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have not missed any boat.. Apparently you know more then anyone else on here? I doubt that buddy.. They may know their total for the year but that's about it.. No one else on here has allocation info.. So how are you the only enlightened one?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok. Well then it seems--based on his info--the production slots will be available in May.
May slots would be for the end of July into August delivery. Each dealer will not get all built at the same time. People will be waiting until the fall/winter.
      03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I have not missed any boat.. Apparently you know more then anyone else on here? I doubt that buddy.. They may know their total for the year but that's about it.. No one else on here has allocation info.. So how are you the only enlightened one?
That is correct. They know their total allocation for the model year. They do not know when they will be built so if you are frst on the list you will get the first build slot. So if you you were the last person they took an order for out of the allocation for the year you can be waiting a long time. Like I said before, my dealer is not even keeping a list any more. All were sold within days of getting the counts. I was to late and this was only a matter of days.
      03-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok. Well then it seems--based on his info--the production slots will be available in May. I have the first customer/non-launch slot for M3.
I helped my guys spec out their M3 launch car. They were like who wants the ceramics? I was like the first ones that can buy it will want it all. Guess what, it's sold so I won't even get to test drive the thing
      03-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is correct. They know their total allocation for the model year. They do not know when they will be built so if you are frst on the list you will get the first build slot. So if you you were the last person they took an order for out of the allocation for the year you can be waiting a long time. Like I said before, my dealer is not even keeping a list any more. All were sold within days of getting the counts. I was to late and this was only a matter of days.
Ok I agree.. I'm from the northeast as well.. I have their first build slot.. Are you in ny? Pm me
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok I agree.. I'm from the northeast as well.. I have their first build slot.. Are you in ny? Pm me
Dood, you must have ran there as soon as BMW sent out the notes!
      03-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
For what it's worth: Yesterday, I called my SA to finalize the specs of my YMB M3 so he can put into que when customer ordering begins. He said there is no rush as he told me we will have to wait until May when US ordering will likely start for M3/M4. He stated US market is pickier so BMW will let Europeans workout kinks etc. He stated this is what occurred for F10. He thinks cars will be ready late summer/early fall.

Someone once jokingly told me lawyers are like jukeboxes: put a quarter in it and they will tell you what you want to hear. SAs seem to be the same way as I have seen 15 different predictions on these forums for when US configurator is coming online and when US customer allocations will be officially announced (not dealer allocations).

Your dealer sounds like a knowledgable and truthful man. It's true that us Europeans are not 'picky' at all. I won't mind if the car I paid the equivalent of $ 90000 has lots of problems because BMW always uses Europeans as Guinee pigs so guys like you in the States who pay 40% less get less issues.

Good luck with that dealer- my car is scheduled for production in May so I'll be happy to ' work out the kinks ' driving the new M3 while youre still trying to order a car from this buffoon.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
jc1654M4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134
Quote:

Your dealer sounds like a knowledgable and truthful man. It's true that us Europeans are not 'picky' at all. I won't mind if the car I paid the equivalent of $ 90000 has lots of problems because BMW always uses Europeans as Guinee pigs so guys like you in the States who pay 40% less get less issues.

Good luck with that dealer- my car is scheduled for production in May so I'll be happy to ' work out the kinks ' driving the new M3 while you try and order your car from this buffoon.
Woooooooaaawoaaaa lol so much hostility!!! We're all getting the same great cars!! I've bought plenty of first model year cars and never had any problems. So I'm sure you guys in Europe will enjoy and so will we. But just a little update from my area down here in Miami, fl. Just got off the phone with my SA they have 10 spots for the first build which will get you a car (m4) by late June early July and only 5, including myself, have been filled. So if anyone is in this area you can def get yourself on the list.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #18
Dasm3nd
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134
Quote:

Good luck with that dealer- my car is scheduled for production in May so I'll be happy to ' work out the kinks ' driving the new M3 while youre still trying to order a car from this buffoon.
Haha. I think it's funny you take that personally.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

hmm sounds like more speculation. i think like every other dealership in the country they are waiting for production slot to pop up.
      03-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #20
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Haha. I think it's funny you take that personally.
It's been a bad day to be fair!
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0