GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
moose_load
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

moose_load M3 Journal

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself on here. Ive been around the forums for a while and at one point was very active way back when in the S2000 forum days, and I always thought this was the natural progression. Ive always wanted to get into ///M cars and a few years back I stumbled across a Melbourne Red/Red 2011 E90 sunroof delete, comp car. I couldn't pass it up as it was unique. I really enjoyed the car bought an extended warranty through my bank (USAA) and made sure the car was serviced and taken care of at BMW. If you are able to qualify for USAA the extended auto warranty is hands down the best, I highly recommend it. I decided to quit blowing money buying mods for my past cars and decided I should get more into detailing. I corrected and polished the paint so I could add the Car Pro Ti02 ceramic. My wife and I were out one weekend and our dealer had a used F80 M3, and I said lets go drive it and see if we like it... we swapped halfway through the drive and upon. completion of the drive my wife said "ok yeah you can trade your car just not for this color". My hunt was on. My main disappointment with the E90 was a lack of a carbon fiber roof. I was also looking for something unique. Initially I was dead set on getting another car with the comp package particularly in Shakhir Orange, I eventually changed my mind due to the roads when I drive into Memphis are terrible. Back in December I stumbled across this Certified Azurite Black Metallic F80 optioned exactly how I wanted 10 hours away, and decided to make the deal and leave that night. When the weather warms up some Im going to correct the paint and take it a step further this time. We had just moved into our new home in November, and I still don't have my garage squared away yet, with the rain and new construction its been hell trying to keep my car clean. I'll update the thread with some more photos once I start my paint correcting process. Ive been down with the flu all week and boredom has reached the max for me to post.

I do plan on doing a few mods to the car nothing major, so far all Ive done is update the maps to the current year. The next items I want to knock out is: The car had a front plate, and Mississippi doesn't require one so I need to plug the 2 holes. Send back my Valentine 1 for an update, and order a new blend mount. Im still mixed on the painted front deflectors from IND but its on the list. After all that Id like to upgrade the intake.

Last edited by moose_load; 02-08-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 3
GERMAN M34181.00
zamboni1124.50
GOLFFRR10755.50
      02-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Welcome

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      02-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #3
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Looks good! Is this tanzanite or Azurite? Always hard to tell in the darker lighting
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      02-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Congrats on the new edition. I loved my e90 as well, but hands down I think the F80 is much better and more refined. Enjoy in good health.
      02-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #5
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Wow lovely color. Congrats !
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #6
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

What wheels do you have in your E90?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
moose_load
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Looks good! Is this tanzanite or Azurite? Always hard to tell in the darker lighting
Azurite
      02-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #8
moose_load
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
My car had the competition package with the 19s. I ran Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Great tires with excellent wet weather traction.
      02-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose_load View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
My car had the competition package with the 19s. I ran Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Great tires with excellent wet weather traction.
Thanks. They would look great on the F80 ZCP ...I'm still on the fence about 666
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #10
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose_load View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Azurite
Nice looks good, great combo
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 05:37 AM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

very nice set up

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #12
moose_load
United_States
Rep

Im going to journal my process detailing our cars, and setting up my garage how I want. I had a few things planned for the garage while our house was being built, but we were finishing planning our wedding, getting married, etc.. so a few details slipped through the cracks.

I know the garage is trashed, I just want to establish a baseline for future plans.

It seems like with the weather, work, and mostly rain it has been impossible to even attempt to clean the cars. And just like that the rain stopped.

Here’s our current cleaning arsenal:
2 bucket method with grit guards
Adams 10 inch wash wool pads
Adams Ultra Foam Shampoo/Car Pro Reset is my favorite but I recently swapped to Adams due to the cost of the Car Pro.
Car Pro Tar X
Roybi Refurbed 1.2 GPM pressure washer
Obsessed Garage MTM Swiveling spray gun Mosmatic 20 degree want with MTM PF 22 foam canon.
Amazon quick disconnects in the hose and pressure washer with a quarter turn valve so I can disconnect the hose easily from the pressure washer then fill buckets and easily reconnect the hose to the pressure washer.

A co worker turned me on to these KL!N de lux drying towels and I really have to admit that nothing I’ve used comes close. Super easy to use, drys in one pass super plush Wow! I’m super happy with these. Best I could do to show size and thickness so to speak.

When I read the CPO report when I bought the car I noticed the dealer replaced the front tow hook cover, in the sun today I noticed the plug is not Azurite but Black Sapphire. I’m going to reach out to the dealer and see they will send me the correct color, otherwise I’ll contact IND.

On to the garage mess...

Overall

Flooring, I’m going back and forth between Swisstrax ECO, Armorclad Master Kit, or just giving in, and doing the Rustoleum Cheap epoxy Kit I had at my previous house. I’m was pleased with the effort, time it took, and results for the price. I’ve been going back and forth for months now in my head. Also I’m going to retire my blue tool box and add another red cabinet to store all my random crap in the garage. Lighting is currently 500k LED bulbs.

My initial vision is on this wall here to install a wall mounted Kranzle, bucket filler, and hose reel. The single water hydrant ended up being to close to my work bench so I’m going to move it over add another for the future wall mount. Good news is this water line Ts into the house about two feet over to left in the laundry room so when I do this I’m going to add hot water for winter washing.

I got some of the Craftsman verse track mounted next I need to track down some more to hang on the line I drew on the wall. I want to get some hooks so I can hang my hockey gear to air out. I’d like to track down another 5 drawer storage module for my workbench however all this Craftsman line has been discontinued.

Going to add a plug directly above this one towards the ceiling to power the ATT power box for the internet. Again this was poor planning on my part, I didn’t realize fiber needed this box and it couldn’t be any further in the way.