BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #23
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I can't imagine the maintenance costs on a 12 year old Ferrari nor driving it anywhere semi regularly. But, it is a manual Ferrari so I get the want part.

I still think I would take the GT4 out of the 2.

Just curious, if you didn't need back seats much less four doors what brought you to buying an M3?
Hey bud, how's your car doing and mileage?

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      01-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #24
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
Hey bud, how's your car doing and mileage?
Great, I’m really like this version of the M3 in a way I never did my previous ones. I’ve got about 9000 miles on it already with zero issues and I don’t have to check the oil twice a week anymore.

How are you doing lately?
Appreciate 1
dkhm31880.50
      01-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #25
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

My cousin recently bought a f430 spyder after half a year of contemplation and no weekend car so I have some decent insight.

The f430s maintenance cost aren't gonna be cheap and while they have been relatively reliable, they aren't without fault. The biggest concern is the headers and the design issue that comes with the cars being higher: engines have been known to bust because of this issue. So for peace of mind, it'll cost $4k for a reliable replacement and labor. I would make sure you get a PPI with a well known shop.

If it's your weekend car, I would take a 430 over a gt4 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:01 PM   #26
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Must be me, but I think this m3 is very fun to rev out, keeps punching all the way up to red line.

My x5m does not do the same, and I can't tell when the engine is at peak power so I will miss shift in manual mode a lot at wot.

if the replacement car has the word ferrari in it, I think the OP bought the wrong car to begin with.

I was thinking the same, definitely different strokes for different folks. Some people like low torque high revving engines I guess.

Now I'm not looking to change your mind because it seems like you've already made it up but I feel the S55 loves to rev out, and it revs pretty high for a twin turbo 6. In fact, I think the S55 is quite fun to rev out and I have both an S65 and S62 in the garage to compare with.

Anyways, my vote goes for an F430. I've had ample seat time in a GT4 and I'm not that impressed, feels like a fast BRZ/FRS.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #27
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and Ms View Post
I was thinking the same, definitely different strokes for different folks. Some people like low torque high revving engines I guess.

Now I'm not looking to change your mind because it seems like you've already made it up but I feel the S55 loves to rev out, and it revs pretty high for a twin turbo 6. In fact, I think the S55 is quite fun to rev out and I have both an S65 and S62 in the garage to compare with.

Anyways, my vote goes for an F430. I've had ample seat time in a GT4 and I'm not that impressed, feels like a fast BRZ/FRS.
I've never driven a GT4 but the F430 is by far one of the most exciting cars I've ever driven (also driven GT3 991.1, 458, 570S, R8V10 (522 hp version), Corvette Grand Sport C7, Huracan, Gallardo LP560-4, 488)...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #28
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Not trying to change OP's mind either - but I also love revving out the S55 (coming from E93 - which obviously was also fun to rev out). I find the F80 more exciting to drive than the E9x M's... the explosive power and sharp handling are addicting to me even after 75,000 miles on the F80 platform.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #29
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great, I’m really like this version of the M3 in a way I never did my previous ones. I’ve got about 9000 miles on it already with zero issues and I don’t have to check the oil twice a week anymore.

How are you doing lately?
Nice to hear that. My car is almost 40k miles now and 4.5 years old. I still love to drive it and I am still learning how to drive it better.

I did get hit (tapped) by an older lady in a beater and was going to go through her insurance, got some quotes and said f'it, I didn't want to get a mark on my carfax. She did one of those rolling stops on a light and hit my bumper leaving a license plate imprint- lol.

Previously:
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      01-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #30
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Not trying to change OP's mind either - but I also love revving out the S55 (coming from E93 - which obviously was also fun to rev out). I find the F80 more exciting to drive than the E9x M's... the explosive power and sharp handling are addicting to me even after 75,000 miles on the F80 platform.
jesus 75k miles on a '18? or do you mean a previous f80 u had and this one?

Previously:
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      01-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #31
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Hate to see you moving on UGA. Best of luck with your next choice.
      01-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
You poor thing having to suffer through owning the boring and dreadful m3. I remember you complaining about the car a while back. Just sell it and move on if you hate it so much.
Yeah OP was crying about the possibility of his crank hub slipping and how he'd wished he hadn't tuned it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #33
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Hi Guys- thanks for all the responses and feedback. Responding to a few of your posts below. Will definitely report back on what I end up purchasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornkhj View Post
I think you will be happy with the F430 unless you are ok with future maintenance.
If you get the GT4 I am pretty sure you will want something more powerful revving within a month. What you are looking for right now is high revving NA V8+ with the raw drive feeling.
GT4 is a great car but not really an upgrade from F80.
Test drive both cars and you will see huge difference.
Carrera GT, Enzo, LFA are the only cars with better sound than the F430 from my perspective.
Maintenance is definitely a concern with a Ferrari, but after researching, it's about $1-$2K a year. Not awful considering the type of car it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Look carefully at the maintenance and make sure your ok with it.

Also you need to really LOVE the feel and sound and experience because objectively, the performance isn't that special anymore.

My $0.02, you should get it. 6MT 430 aren't that easy to come by. Try it out for a year. You can always go with a Gt4 at a later time (like when 718gt4 orders open up and the current ones get ditched)
Amazing the world we live in where a 493 hp Ferrari V8 isn't that special anymore. But I get what you're saying. Heck, my F80 will demolish it on the highway. Also your idea is not a bad one- 6MT Ferrari should sell quick. It's the last mid-engine manual Ferrari after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
The dropping prices off he F430 is making them very tempting. However, I would only get one with a MT, and those are hard to find and much more expensive. Like $150k +

I imagine the MT variants of the 430 will hold value very well, being it's the last MT Ferrari ever (I think).
I found this one for $89K, relative bargain then

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Weekend car - Ferrari
Daily - GT4

Honestly, maintenance and repair costs aside, I would not feel comfortable driving a Ferrari on a regular basis - too much attention. But then again, I like grey sedans....
Lol..well my F80 is Sakhir orange....so.....

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. GT4 is an amazing car and I am actually thinking to purchase one for me in the future. I owned two Boxsters(one auto, one manual), Panamera Turbo before and test driven GT4, 718 Cayman S, 997 TT, 991 TT, and several 911 (not at the track though).
Honestly cars these days feel very very comfortable even with 500+ hp.
Due to too many safety features and technology literally car drives very well for the driver, and that's why we miss older cars.
Pure sound from F430 is very close to F1 machine.
And that is the main point. The sound is part of the fun of winding an engine out! Both the GT4 and Ferrari sound amazing (but of course very different)

Quote:

Just curious, if you didn't need back seats much less four doors what brought you to buying an M3?
I've owned every generation M3 and always purchased coupes (of course, E36 being the only other model with a sedan offering)....but with the F8X, I thought the sedan looked better. It just looks more muscular from far away than the M4..which I think looks good, but bloated at certain angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
I also found this funny.....it's an upgrade in every way except passenger space. OP has already stated his dislike for a couple of things (sound and visceral feel) and the GT4 excels in both. Not to mention the short shifts and overall purpose built feel you experience. The GT4 can be a daily driver for sure with Sofa seats. LWB seats not so much and only because of the ingress and egress procedures you'll adopt. So you know where my vote goes......Phil
Amen- that's exactly why. The F80 is no doubt a great driving car but I have never grown to love the sound at WOT. My wifes S4 sounds more muscular than my F80. I've come to realize after owning this car, that I'll trade straight line speed and torque for a more "feel" and a lot more sound. All I'm trying to do is enjoy some backroads with the windows downs.

Quote:
You poor thing having to suffer through owning the boring and dreadful m3. I remember you complaining about the car a while back. Just sell it and move on if you hate it so much.
I definitely don't mean to sound whiny and this is totally a first world problem. I actually would have put it for sale awhile back, but I wanted to give the car a fair shot over the summer and then life intervened. I moved from Seattle to Atlanta a month and a half ago and the house stuff and move have taken priority over trying to sell the car.

Quote:
Must be me, but I think this m3 is very fun to rev out, keeps punching all the way up to red line.

My x5m does not do the same, and I can't tell when the engine is at peak power so I will miss shift in manual mode a lot at wot.

if the replacement car has the word ferrari in it, I think the OP bought the wrong car to begin with.
Liking to rev and sounding good doing it are two different things I thought I would grow to love the F80 like I did my E92 M3 and it never happened. And no way at this point in life can I afford buying a typical Ferrari. I just happened to be shopping for a GT4 and came across one in my budget. It never even dawned on me to look for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
My cousin recently bought a f430 spyder after half a year of contemplation and no weekend car so I have some decent insight.

The f430s maintenance cost aren't gonna be cheap and while they have been relatively reliable, they aren't without fault. The biggest concern is the headers and the design issue that comes with the cars being higher: engines have been known to bust because of this issue. So for peace of mind, it'll cost $4k for a reliable replacement and labor. I would make sure you get a PPI with a well known shop.

Thanks- yes I have read that. It would definitely be something to watch and replace as maintenance if needed.

Quote:

Quote:
Again, not necessarily the redline or revving out, it's the sound portion of the engine.

Eh...GT4 felt so alive compared to driving my F80. Steering feel, chassis, grip, etc...but then apples to orange comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Yeah OP was crying about the possibility of his crank hub slipping and how he'd wished he hadn't tuned it.
SCH was definitely a fear of mine. I've read the comments and researched enough that I didn't worry about it at all. That didn't have any bearing on my decision to sell and move on.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      01-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #34
JAhmed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Taycan

GT4 (or any Cayman, for that matter) is an excellent car.

But a MANUAL F430? Would probably go in that direction...

Can't go wrong either way
      01-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #35
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
jesus 75k miles on a '18? or do you mean a previous f80 u had and this one?
Oh yes - had about 58k on my 2015 M3 and now about 18k on my '18 ZCP...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #36
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADawgFan View Post
Hi Guys- thanks for all the responses and feedback. Responding to a few of your posts below. Will definitely report back on what I end up purchasing.

Quote:
I think you will be happy with the F430 unless you are ok with future maintenance.
If you get the GT4 I am pretty sure you will want something more powerful revving within a month. What you are looking for right now is high revving NA V8+ with the raw drive feeling.
GT4 is a great car but not really an upgrade from F80.
Test drive both cars and you will see huge difference.
Carrera GT, Enzo, LFA are the only cars with better sound than the F430 from my perspective.
Maintenance is definitely a concern with a Ferrari, but after researching, it's about $1-$2K a year. Not awful considering the type of car it is

Quote:
Look carefully at the maintenance and make sure your ok with it.

Also you need to really LOVE the feel and sound and experience because objectively, the performance isn't that special anymore.

My $0.02, you should get it. 6MT 430 aren't that easy to come by. Try it out for a year. You can always go with a Gt4 at a later time (like when 718gt4 orders open up and the current ones get ditched)
Amazing the world we live in where a 493 hp Ferrari V8 isn't that special anymore. But I get what you're saying. Heck, my F80 will demolish it on the highway. Also your idea is not a bad one- 6MT Ferrari should sell quick. It's the last mid-engine manual Ferrari after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
The dropping prices off he F430 is making them very tempting. However, I would only get one with a MT, and those are hard to find and much more expensive. Like $150k +

I imagine the MT variants of the 430 will hold value very well, being it's the last MT Ferrari ever (I think).
I found this one for $89K, relative bargain then

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Weekend car - Ferrari
Daily - GT4

Honestly, maintenance and repair costs aside, I would not feel comfortable driving a Ferrari on a regular basis - too much attention. But then again, I like grey sedans....
Lol..well my F80 is Sakhir orange....so.....

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. GT4 is an amazing car and I am actually thinking to purchase one for me in the future. I owned two Boxsters(one auto, one manual), Panamera Turbo before and test driven GT4, 718 Cayman S, 997 TT, 991 TT, and several 911 (not at the track though).
Honestly cars these days feel very very comfortable even with 500+ hp.
Due to too many safety features and technology literally car drives very well for the driver, and that's why we miss older cars.
Pure sound from F430 is very close to F1 machine.
And that is the main point. The sound is part of the fun of winding an engine out! Both the GT4 and Ferrari sound amazing (but of course very different)

Quote:

I've owned every generation M3 and always purchased coupes (of course, E36 being the only other model with a sedan offering)....but with the F8X, I thought the sedan looked better. It just looks more muscular from far away than the M4..which I think looks good, but bloated at certain angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
I also found this funny.....it's an upgrade in every way except passenger space. OP has already stated his dislike for a couple of things (sound and visceral feel) and the GT4 excels in both. Not to mention the short shifts and overall purpose built feel you experience. The GT4 can be a daily driver for sure with Sofa seats. LWB seats not so much and only because of the ingress and egress procedures you'll adopt. So you know where my vote goes......Phil
Amen- that's exactly why. The F80 is no doubt a great driving car but I have never grown to love the sound at WOT. My wifes S4 sounds more muscular than my F80. I've come to realize after owning this car, that I'll trade straight line speed and torque for a more "feel" and a lot more sound. All I'm trying to do is enjoy some backroads with the windows downs.

Quote:
I definitely don't mean to sound whiny and this is totally a first world problem. I actually would have put it for sale awhile back, but I wanted to give the car a fair shot over the summer and then life intervened. I moved from Seattle to Atlanta a month and a half ago and the house stuff and move have taken priority over trying to sell the car.

Quote:

Liking to rev and sounding good doing it are two different things I thought I would grow to love the F80 like I did my E92 M3 and it never happened. And no way at this point in life can I afford buying a typical Ferrari. I just happened to be shopping for a GT4 and came across one in my budget. It never even dawned on me to look for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post

Thanks- yes I have read that. It would definitely be something to watch and replace as maintenance if needed.

Quote:

Quote:
Again, not necessarily the redline or revving out, it's the sound portion of the engine.

Eh...GT4 felt so alive compared to driving my F80. Steering feel, chassis, grip, etc...but then apples to orange comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
SCH was definitely a fear of mine. I've read the comments and researched enough that I didn't worry about it at all. That didn't have any bearing on my decision to sell and move on.
I enjoy driving on the backroads with the windows up or down with an MPE. Other aftermarket exhausts sound even better. I don't know about you, but I have found the F80 to be one of the best cars I've ever owned.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      01-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #37
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

My two cents... I had an f80 as my weekend car... I sold it for a 991.2s... why did I sell it?? I felt the m3 was too good of a daily not to daily it.... fast forward a year and I love my 911, drive it 2-3k miles a year but super enjoy it. I am looking at the market to replace my daily suv with a 2016 m3 because I miss the overall utility of the m3...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #38
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:

Liking to rev and sounding good doing it are two different things I thought I would grow to love the F80 like I did my E92 M3 and it never happened.
I must say, you're really hung up on sound, no offense meant.

There are lots of great cars and there is no perfect car. The best cars balance key characteristics that we enthusiasts love... and sound is definitely important - but it is only one part of the overall equation.

The E92 M3 is one of the best sounding and most thrilling cars to redline ever designed. And yet it's also one of the most boring cars to drive in the real world.

Point 1 is - the overall package matters much more than singular variables. Anytime someone suggests that the E92 is better than the F80 because it sounds better I just shake my head in disbelief.

Point 2 is - I caution you to objectively evaluate the other cars you're considering - put sound aside and take note of their idiosyncrasies (they all have them) and see if they align with your values.... unless sound is all that matters in which case a $35k Mustang GT delivers in spades.

Last edited by EricSMG; 01-20-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #39
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Op, just wanted to add, what's the biggest one shot bill you would be comfortable eating? My $0.02, you should be willing to eat a $10-$15k bill.

I got hit up for gearbox rebuild, front diff rebuild, engine and gear box mounts, new cup2 tires and major service on my 6TT last year and it's usually a $1k/yr car to maintain and very stout but last year was more like $15k because a lot of stuff came all at once

f car would hit wallet just as hard if not harder.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #40
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax85 View Post
My two cents... I had an f80 as my weekend car... I sold it for a 991.2s... why did I sell it?? I felt the m3 was too good of a daily not to daily it.... fast forward a year and I love my 911, drive it 2-3k miles a year but super enjoy it. I am looking at the market to replace my daily suv with a 2016 m3 because I miss the overall utility of the m3...
I don't disagree at all that the M3 is a great overall car, especially with regards to both performance AND utility. However, for me this car was never really meant to be a daily; it was always supposed to be a weekend car.

911 is a great daily car too from what I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
I must say, you're really hung up on sound, no offense meant.

There are lots of great cars and there is no perfect car. The best cars balance key characteristics that we enthusiasts love... and sound is definitely important - but it is only one part of the overall equation.

The E92 M3 is one of the best sounding and most thrilling cars to redline ever designed. And yet it's also one of the most boring cars to drive in the real world.

Point 1 is - the overall package matters much more than singular variables. Anytime someone suggests that the E92 is better than the F80 because it sounds better I just shake my head in disbelief.

Point 2 is - I caution you to objectively evaluate the other cars you're considering - put sound aside and take note of their idiosyncrasies (they all have them) and see if they align with your values.... unless sound is all that matters in which case a $35k Mustang GT delivers in spades.

First- I never said that the E9X M3 was a "better" car than the F8X. Totally 10000% agree that the F8X is far more capable in every respect than any previous M3. But that being said, the E9X was (and is) a great car and even though it's definitely less capable than an F8X, it was capable enough for me. And I truly miss the sound.

Your idea of a "boring" driving car is very different than mine; I think of a Lexus RC-F as a great sounding car, but boring to drive.

My F80 is the first car I've ever owned where I've realized that sound is this important to me. Most of the previous ones sounded good to great anyway so I never had to care about it.

Quote:
Op, just wanted to add, what's the biggest one shot bill you would be comfortable eating? My $0.02, you should be willing to eat a $10-$15k bill.

I got hit up for gearbox rebuild, front diff rebuild, engine and gear box mounts, new cup2 tires and major service on my 6TT last year and it's usually a $1k/yr car to maintain and very stout but last year was more like $15k because a lot of stuff came all at once

f car would hit wallet just as hard if not harder.
10-15K would be not a problem in a single go. I figure a F430 would be about 2K a year, with about a 15K bill every few years. I can't imagine the GT4 being that bad. But I'm not doing any track days; just spirited mountain runs.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #41
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

I encourage u to drive a f430... a few friends have them ... they feel old... in all ways.. and they are not as trouble free as u think .... random issue always come up.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #42
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
First- I never said that the E9X M3 was a "better" car than the F8X. Totally 10000% agree that the F8X is far more capable in every respect than any previous M3. But that being said, the E9X was (and is) a great car and even though it's definitely less capable than an F8X, it was capable enough for me. And I truly miss the sound.
Oh, I totally miss the sound (and top end rush) of my E90M, no question about it. But no way in hell do those two things outweigh the vastly improved package that is the F80 ZCP. I will say, though, that the E9XM was much more plush/refined in terms of ride quality and NVH... the F80 is a bit too edgy in this regard and does get on my nerves at times (I'll be 43 in 2 weeks, for reference, as I think age and tolerance for NVH are inversely proportional).

And, honestly, the ZCP sounds pretty good in Sport+. It's crisp and edgy and just loud enough with a nice midrange shriek. There's no way anyone could think an F8X ZCP sounds like garbage - I just can't see it. Your car must not sound like mine if you hate it that much.

Quote:
I encourage u to drive a f430... a few friends have them ... they feel old... in all ways.. and they are not as trouble free as u think .... random issue always come up.
While I haven't driven a 430... that's sorta my "Point 2" above. If you put emotion and the fact that it's a Ferrari aside and just go drive the thing and evaluate it objectively, it may not be everything you thought it would be.

I also haven't driven a GT4.... but... with their massive midrange torque dip and ultra long gears I have a hunch that they'd feel like an E9XM3 in the real world - lacking urgency unless you REALLY wring it's neck (which isn't practical most of the time). Could I be wrong about the GT4? Of course, but am I?

Last edited by EricSMG; 01-20-2019 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #43
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I totally miss the sound (and top end rush) of my E90M, no question about it. But no way in hell do those two things outweigh the vastly improved package that is the F80 ZCP. I will say, though, that the E9XM was much more plush/refined in terms of ride quality and NVH... the F80 is a bit too edgy in this regard and does get on my nerves at times (I'll be 43 in 2 weeks, for reference, as I think age and tolerance for NVH are inversely proportional).

And, honestly, the ZCP sounds pretty good in Sport+. It's crisp and edgy and just loud enough with a nice midrange shriek. There's no way anyone could think an F8X ZCP sounds like garbage - I just can't see it. Your car must not sound like mine if you hate it that much.

Quote:
While I haven't driven a 430... that's sorta my "Point 2" above. If you put emotion and the fact that it's a Ferrari aside and just go drive the thing and evaluate it objectively, it may not be everything you thought it would be.

I also haven't driven a GT4.... but... with their massive midrange torque dip and ultra long gears I have a hunch that they'd feel like an E9XM3 in the real world - lacking urgency unless you REALLY wring it's neck (which isn't practical most of the time). Could I be wrong about the GT4? Of course, but am I?
I've driven a gt4.. it's amazing ... had to think twice when getting my .2s ..... it's a light car so the power is sufficient and the steering is telepathic... the motor sounds soooo delicious... Btwn all ur choices I would get the gt4 hands down... or a 991.2t
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #44
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Yes! Go drive one and report back......Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0