BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #1
pfrederi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 M3

M4 HK System Upgrade Question

So I installed a new addition to my Harmon Kardon stereo system in my 2018 M4 but I now need help fine tuning it with the setup I have.

I installed:
- 2 SWS Underseat Woofers
- LC2i Line Converter
- Sony XM GS4 AMP (Using as a 3 Channel AMP)
- 1 JL Audio 10in 10W3V3

I luv it man!!! But like I said I listen to mostly HipHop but I do listen to a whole range of music including CLassic Rock to Rock, RnB, Reggae, etc. The system is BASS Heavy so I had to make sure to turn down everything as far as gains on the AMP and line converter!! Like I said its not tuned for the likes of an audiophile but I luv it. Im still trying to figure out the best tune. Some music, mostly HipHop plays great!!! but then some old school seems like its missing some of the bass at times but overall im happy with it. Im not quite sure how to use the LPF\HPF. Im currently just using the adjustments on the LC2i only because the last time i tried tuning the AMP it sounded mad shitty LOL!!! so I left the Amp with the features turned off. I want to tune the underseat woofers to play more mid to lows and subwoofer to play lows only.

If anyone out there knows how to set this up and tune this amp with all these features (see pic) Im ALL EARS!!! on any suggestions. I saved a ton and have the bass heaviness I need (just lacking 20% of the times based on music im listening to). Im still good with that. Sounds like maybe some frequencies are missing (may be due to improper settings on the amp where ill need help) at times on the low end but like i said its not as frequent. Also I might change out my amp in the future it seems to get hot too quick maybe its not powerful enough to drive this sytem but it sounds great (except for the few shortcomings I hope to soon figure out.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0