Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

07-12-2019, 07:20 AM   #441
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a seller for an F82 M4 CS trunk spoiler?

IND wants $1000. Screw that noise
I got mine from RW carbon for a around 320 if I remember correctly.
Thanks
Btw fitment is perfect as far as I can tell, here's a couple potato quality pictures.
Looks good. Is that the CS or the M Performance spoiler? I'm having a hard time deciding which to pick up
It's the CS style, just crappy photos so hard to tell.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #442
weytie
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 Competition

I ordered a v-style rear spoiler and front splitters from Bulbxpert as he’s got great reviews here.

But honestly i’m quite dissapointed about the quality.

The rear spoiler has 2 defects in the Carbon and at one point the clearcoat was damaged and retouched with Clearcoat.The edges of the spoiler are also lifting a bit up at the sides...

He offered me a refund of 25USD what i accepted.

Now this week i received the front splitters.I test fitted them as was happy when i put the first one on.Perfect fitment.My happienes was over fast when i put on the other side.
Doesn’t fit at all and has a huge gap between grille and splitter. 😩
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #443
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weytie View Post
I ordered a v-style rear spoiler and front splitters from Bulbxpert as he’s got great reviews here.

The rear spoiler has 2 defects in the Carbon and at one point the clearcoat was damaged and retouched with Clearcoat.The edges of the spoiler are also lifting a bit up at the sides...

Now this week i received the front splitters.I test fitted them as was happy when i put the first one on.Perfect fitment.My happienes was over fast when i put on the other side.
Doesn’t fit at all and has a huge gap between grille and splitter.
I also bought from bulbexpert, the right one fit perfectly but the left one I had to do quite a bit of trimming to get it to fit nicely without any gaps.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #444
The Murder 335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 Murder 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weytie View Post

Doesn’t fit at all and has a huge gap between grille and splitter.
use vinyl, black tape or cfc to hide the gap. I had a similar fitment issue. Just put a strip of vylin along the exposed edge and you won't be to see the gap unless you are looking for it with a magnifying glass.

hope this helps

07-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #445
weytie
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I also bought from bulbexpert, the right one fit perfectly but the left one I had to do quite a bit of trimming to get it to fit nicely without any gaps.
Trimming won’t help for me, as it’s just made too small.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #446
weytie
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murder 335i View Post
use vinyl, black tape or cfc to hide the gap. I had a similar fitment issue. Just put a strip of vylin along the exposed edge and you won't be to see the gap unless you are looking for it with a magnifying glass.

hope this helps

Kind of silly if the other side fits perfect and the other has black vinyl under it.This is the good side.
As you see big difference ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #447
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

I'm assuming that nobody ran into my front lip issue and made it work?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #448
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

I suggest no one buy from BatStyling Store on Aliexpress. After contacting them and showing them pictures of my attempted install of their diffuser, they replied that it's a "small deviation and it fits the car", and haven't responded since. I've opened a dispute on Aliexpress.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #449
F80SL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamgrewt View Post
I suggest no one buy from BatStyling Store on Aliexpress. After contacting them and showing them pictures of my attempted install of their diffuser, they replied that it's a "small deviation and it fits the car", and haven't responded since. I've opened a dispute on Aliexpress.
Same I already opened a dispute about how the clear coats were cracked and the side extensions did not align at all. The bowing is so bad you clearly noticed it. Rather get a good chunk of my money back.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #450
jd__m4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SL View Post
Same I already opened a dispute about how the clear coats were cracked and the side extensions did not align at all. The bowing is so bad you clearly noticed it. Rather get a good chunk of my money back.
From the same vendor?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #451
dmikucki
Connoisseur
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Purchased two items from AliExpress- had great luck
3 piece V style diffuser from seller HSPEED KSLINE
-very good quality with minor gaps near the center diffuser. Hardly noticed unless pointed out

Also purchase carbon upper splitters from seller JC SPORTLINE OFFICIAL STORE
These were in great shape and had perfect fitment. Highly recommended
Attached Images

07-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #452
jd__m4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikucki View Post
It seems like this is the best bet to purchase the 3pc from AliExpress- I think there are a handful of people here that have the one from this seller and nothing but positive so far.
Appreciate 1
dmikucki235.50
      07-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #453
F80SL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
From the same vendor?
Indeed it's the same vendor. I ended up agreeing to the 80 dollar refund. Not really trying to deal with the hassle. Did minor work to bend the extensions to sit more flush. Looks decent but you can tell it's not perfect fitment when you're super close up (face up on the diffuser).
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #454
jd__m4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Indeed it's the same vendor. I ended up agreeing to the 80 dollar refund. Not really trying to deal with the hassle. Did minor work to bend the extensions to sit more flush. Looks decent but you can tell it's not perfect fitment when you're super close up (face up on the diffuser).
Well damn. Unfortunately I don't foresee putting mine to any use- it looks like crap on the car. I've asked for a full refund in my dispute, the seller has yet to reply to the dispute or my last messages.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #455
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikucki View Post
It seems like this is the best bet to purchase the 3pc from AliExpress- I think there are a handful of people here that have the one from this seller and nothing but positive so far.
Yup. Mine should be here next week. I'll let you guys know how it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #456
F80SL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Well damn. Unfortunately I don't foresee putting mine to any use- it looks like crap on the car. I've asked for a full refund in my dispute, the seller has yet to reply to the dispute or my last messages.
Yeah I saw your mid diffuser... they legit fucked that up. I think we just got a bad batch but hopefully you get your refund. If they push it through you should go the vendor everyone else seem to had good reviews on. Likely you'll need to also send in a video of the piece etc to further enhance your reasoning. They gave me an opportunity to get full refund if i bring back the item but I don't want to deal with the hassle on that.

Good luck man! The dispute center works wonders since its AliExpress being the middle man between both of us.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #457
jd__m4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I saw your mid diffuser... they legit fucked that up. I think we just got a bad batch but hopefully you get your refund. If they push it through you should go the vendor everyone else seem to had good reviews on. Likely you'll need to also send in a video of the piece etc to further enhance your reasoning. They gave me an opportunity to get full refund if i bring back the item but I don't want to deal with the hassle on that.

Good luck man! The dispute center works wonders since its AliExpress being the middle man between both of us.
Aliexpress asked for video and pics, which I just provided. The seller responded with $0 and they "don't accept used products back", which is laughable. If Aliexpress doesn't resolve, I'll contact Amex for a charge back. I'll most likely purchase from the other seller.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:03 AM   #458
F80SL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Aliexpress asked for video and pics, which I just provided. The seller responded with $0 and they "don't accept used products back", which is laughable. If Aliexpress doesn't resolve, I'll contact Amex for a charge back. I'll most likely purchase from the other seller.
Damn... that's bad service forsure. I'd suggest from another site at that point. That's if aliexpress decides to ban your account for your chargeback. Don't know if they would do that but it could be a possibility. Hopefully it works out for you man.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #459
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

Purchased from bulbxpert on eBay.
Got all 3 pieces for a total of around 900.
Had a shop install them, they said they all fit pretty well.
Quality seems excellent, I am very happy with how the parts look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 04:52 AM   #460
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal77 View Post
Purchased from bulbxpert on eBay.
Got all 3 pieces for a total of around 900.
Had a shop install them, they said they all fit pretty well.
Quality seems excellent, I am very happy with how the parts look.
Looks good. Are you guys going to body shops for install? I thought about climbing under and doing it myself but maybe a "pro" install is better in this instance.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #461
jd__m4
Captain
Rep

As a final update on my AliExpress saga, after providing additional photos and a video, AliExpress has ruled in my favor and will provide a full refund and a credit towards return shipping. I'll lose a bit of money on return shipping, but it's better than being stuck with this POS diffuser.

I'd suggest no one buy from BatStyling Store. I'll most likely purchase the diffuser from HSPEED KSLINE as they seem to be providing a much better product.
Appreciate 1
Sir Loin322.00
      07-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #462
BoostinChick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Looks good. Are you guys going to body shops for install? I thought about climbing under and doing it myself but maybe a "pro" install is better in this instance.
I just jacked up by the rear diff (wheels did not leave the ground) to give me enough clearance for the drill. I used painters tape to line up the rear bumper extensions. There are a few sellers that do V-style as a 1-piece that would make it way easier to line up if you can find it. Shipping obviously costs more since its 1piece. Easy DIY, IMO.
Appreciate 1