Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
LINF83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Questions about p3 gauge

Hi everyone , I am trying to buy p3 gauge and have it installed on my m3. Anyone have any experience with this gauge ? Interested in how's the reliability , performance , and Accuracy. Thanks
Appreciate 2
chen0.00
      07-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyF80 View Post
Hi everyone , I am trying to buy p3 gauge and have it installed on my m3. Anyone have any experience with this gauge ? Interested in how's the reliability , performance , and Accuracy. Thanks
Hey RyF80,

I love my P3 multi gauge. I was kind of surprised how little info was out there when I was shopping for mine (specifically related to the F80)
I kind of get it, it's not cheap, and more of a nice-to-have, but it's incredibly clean looking and the multi version is great due to how many different things it can tell you. You'll have some people out there that have issue with it not reading it's "true manifold pressure" and getting it's boost reading from the OBD2 pre-throttle body, but to me, it's not that serious... If there is an issue with boost, you'll still know.

The guys at P3 (which is a small/personal in-house operation) are INCREDIBLY nice and helpful. I noticed that the gauge they have for the M3/M4 is the same gauge they use for the F30; An all amber/red gauge.
I called them to see if it would be possible to do a two-tone color option to match the OEM white gauges with amber/red needles on the M3/M4 They had no issue making me a custom gauge with the number readout white, and the boost bar being amber/red. I think it turned out pretty well.
Attached Images

07-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
LINF83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
Quote:
Hey RyF80,

I love my P3 multi gauge. I was kind of surprised how little info was out there when I was shopping for mine (specifically related to the F80)
I kind of get it, it's not cheap, and more of a nice-to-have, but it's incredibly clean looking and the multi version is great due to how many different things it can tell you. You'll have some people out there that have issue with it not reading it's "true manifold pressure" and getting it's boost reading from the OBD2 pre-throttle body, but to me, it's not that serious... If there is an issue with boost, you'll still know.

The guys at P3 (which is a small/personal in-house operation) are INCREDIBLY nice and helpful. I noticed that the gauge they have for the M3/M4 is the same gauge they use for the F30; An all amber/red gauge.
I called them to see if it would be possible to do a two-tone color option to match the OEM white gauges with amber/red needles on the M3/M4 They had no issue making me a custom gauge with the number readout white, and the boost bar being amber/red. I think it turned out pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
Quote:
Hey RyF80,

Did you use boost tap to read the boost or just plugged in to obd2 ? Also when plugged in to obd2 while driving around do you have any issues with your turn signal light ?
Appreciate 2
chen0.00
      07-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

Quote:
Did you use boost tap to read the boost or just plugged in to obd2 ? Also when plugged in to obd2 while driving around do you have any issues with your turn signal light ?
Just plugged in obd2. No..? No issue with turn signal light.
      12-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #5
landonvan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
I have one also. Best gauge out there. No issues at all.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #6
Soul Coughing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
I have one and it works great, especially as my car is a daily, and it's good to know the actual coolant temp when I drive the thing early in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 02:51 AM   #7
MakeMuricaGreat
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F82 M4 | E71 X6

Running a P2 here as well. I've had it in two VW's, my E46 M3, and now my M4.

Reliable, simple, and clean. Definitely would recommend one!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 05:29 AM   #8
M4DNS55
Private
Rep
Drives: 1 Series

Does anyone have a P3 gauge and an M Performance wheel that both use OBD?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 07:45 AM   #9
Soul Coughing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
THey sell an ODB dongle with two outputs that you could use.

One thing I did find was that when its cold outside, the car was going into battery saving mode and the dealer said that the gauge was pulling some power, even when the car is off. For what it's worth, they could be just making it up, but i do know that the ODB port has an active 12v at all times.
Appreciate 0