Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

06-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #23
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks good! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #24
Gatchaman12
Private
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfreak8 View Post
Vehicle: M4 (F82)
Part: 3D-Style-Rear-Spoiler
Brand: ?
Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/262326476934...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
eBay seller: bestqc2014
Fitment 1-10(best), reason for score: 10 Fits like a glove
Quality 1-10(best), reason for score: 9 exposed carbon fiber looks great, but unfinished carbon inside the spoiler could be cleaner
Item price: $250.00
Shipping price: $50.00
Item location: Taiwan

Was looking on eBay and this wing really caught my interest. like many of you i was very unsure to buy this or not because of fitment/quality issues. In the end i am very happy i purchased the wing, it looks great and fitment/quality is top notch. Shipping was really fast, took less then a week. Seller used FedEx, package was nicely boxed and bubble wrapped.

Installation was pretty easy. The item did not come with double sided tape, so i bought some from home depot for less then $10.00. One item that really helped installation is the suction cup clamps, you can see them in some of the pictures. I Just left the suction cups on for a couple hours after installation so the adhesive could bond very good.

Here are some pics of the final install:
Great install and write up! I was looking at this part as well! Where did you purchase the suction cup clamps?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #25
lakersfreak8
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman12 View Post
Great install and write up! I was looking at this part as well! Where did you purchase the suction cup clamps?

Thanks,

I got the suction cup clamps on amazon, here is a link:
(color is different but they are the same suction cups)

https://www.amazon.com/C-R-Laurence-...QG4MS8ZJTZKNNN

They definitely make the job easier, and results look professional
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 11:24 PM   #26
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Any ebay links to/recommendations for spoilers for F80 M3? Thanks.
      06-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #27
Leaveit2bevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR/F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Any ebay links to/recommendations for spoilers for F80 M3? Thanks.
Im going to try this one, someones had good luck with this seller already so its worth a try for 150 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231648638009
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #28
hatepotholez
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quality 1-10(best), reason for score: 9 exposed carbon fiber looks great, but unfinished carbon inside the spoiler could be cleaner

Was looking on eBay and this wing really caught my interest. like many of you i was very unsure to buy this or not because of fitment/quality issues. In the end i am very happy i purchased the wing, it looks great and fitment/quality is top notch. Shipping was really fast, took less then a week. Seller used FedEx, package was nicely boxed and bubble wrapped.

Installation was pretty easy. The item did not come with double sided tape, so i bought some from home depot for less then $10.00. One item that really helped installation is the suction cup clamps, you can see them in some of the pictures. I Just left the suction cups on for a couple hours after installation so the adhesive could bond very good.

Looking good! Thanks for the post!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #29
lakersfreak8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepotholez
Quote:

Looking good! Thanks for the post!
No problem,

Ordered some other stuff, will keep you guys posted once I install.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 02:56 AM   #30
Gatchaman12
Private
Rep

Quote:
No problem,

Ordered some other stuff, will keep you guys posted once I install.
Please do! What else did you order out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #31
lakersfreak8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman12 View Post
Please do! What else did you order out of curiosity?

I ordered a M performance style front lip, splitters, rear diffuser combo. Seller had really good feedback, hopfully works out good.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #32
Gatchaman12
Private
Rep

Quote:
I ordered a M performance style front lip, splitters, rear diffuser combo. Seller had really good feedback, hopfully works out good.
Link to which seller? Feel free to PM thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 03:49 AM   #33
DandyKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 YMB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not going to lie, was surprised how fast it got here and how clean it was and easy to install. I dont even know how anyone honestly fucking pays 1K+ for something like this. Extremely happy with fit and build. Highly recommended.

R W Carbon
I also picked up M4 style spoiler. Ebay was cheaper but i figure since this was a bit more visible i pony up just a bit more...it was an iffy decision. Came as is no double sided tape. No biggie had plenty to spare. Compared to rear diffuser it was rougher built and susceptible to scratching and scuffing. Guess what ever the chinese coated the diffuser with it was far more resistant. Its cheaper than what its offered from other places but i would chance it with Ebay or if you can find one on Amazon. Satisfied but compared to diffuser its a disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #34
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyKing View Post

Not going to lie, was surprised how fast it got here and how clean it was and easy to install. I dont even know how anyone honestly fucking pays 1K+ for something like this. Extremely happy with fit and build. Highly recommended.
DandyKing Could you provide any pics installed?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #35
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyKing

R W Carbon
I also picked up M4 style spoiler. Ebay was cheaper but i figure since this was a bit more visible i pony up just a bit more...it was an iffy decision. Came as is no double sided tape. No biggie had plenty to spare. Compared to rear diffuser it was rougher built and susceptible to scratching and scuffing. Guess what ever the chinese coated the diffuser with it was far more resistant. Its cheaper than what its offered from other places but i would chance it with Ebay or if you can find one on Amazon. Satisfied but compared to diffuser its a disappointment.
Hey man. I hear you. I'm getting my car next month and was debating if spending 1k on the diffuser was worth it. Honestly the F8x cars should come with this from the factory. My e92 335is did. How do you like the diffuser? Any pics after install?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #36
idyfohu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

R W Carbon
Definitely in for pictures...also, does your trunk kick sensor still work with the diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #37
DandyKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefalco25 View Post
DandyKing Could you provide any pics installed?

Appreciate 3
Xtabi1696.00
      06-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #38
DandyKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyfohu View Post
Definitely in for pictures...also, does your trunk kick sensor still work with the diffuser?
i dont have that feature but i read that it actually works unlike OEM BMW one and others offered.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 06:26 PM   #39
DandyKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Hey man. I hear you. I'm getting my car next month and was debating if spending 1k on the diffuser was worth it. Honestly the F8x cars should come with this from the factory. My e92 335is did. How do you like the diffuser? Any pics after install?
I like it honestly. I was surprised how easy it was to install. It was clean and smooth. Any slight issues were user error on my part. Spoiler took longer since i had no heat gun to remove excess adhesive from previous one. Ended up breaking it too lol. Ugh was really my fault being a bit impatient. Oh wells i dont have intention of putting stock parts back since i dont ever intend on selling car.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #40
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Diffuser looks really good! Thanks for posting pics!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #41
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
I like it honestly. I was surprised how easy it was to install. It was clean and smooth. Any slight issues were user error on my part. Spoiler took longer since i had no heat gun to remove excess adhesive from previous one. Ended up breaking it too lol. Ugh was really my fault being a bit impatient. Oh wells i dont have intention of putting stock parts back since i dont ever intend on selling car.
Looks great man. Thanks for the pics. I think I'm gonna order it now and have it waiting for my car when it gets to the states from ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #42
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Quote:

R W Carbon

MAN!

clicked link to buy one and all sold out... I guess a few more members on here must have scooped them up ??
      09-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #43
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

I just got my diffuser that I ordered from eBay. Actually ended up messaging the guy and we went directly through PayPal (skipped eBay) and he gave it to me $299 shipped. I was a little concerned because the eBay page showed that it would ship from California, but when I got the tracking number it actually shipped from Taiwan. I contacted them to ask about it, he said that they only had 1 left in California and it had some defects, so they shipped it straight from their factory. They shipped via DHL Express, so it only took a few days to get delivered.

Vehicle: M4
Part: M Performance Style Carbon Diffuser
Brand: Replica
Link, eBay seller, item number: LINK
Fitment 1-10(best), reason for score: 9 (holes didn't match up perfectly)
Quality 1-10(best), reason for score: 9 (not 100% carbon fiber)
Item price: $299
Shipping price: $0
Item location: California/Taiwan

I'll post some pictures today or tomorrow (just remembered that I took them on my wifes phone since mine ran out of juice). Overall I'm very satisfied with it. I was worried that it shipped from Taiwan in case something was damaged, but it was packaged well. It isn't all carbon fiber though, seems almost like carbon fiber wrapped around fiberglass. Not nearly as light as the real carbon fiber spoiler I have. But once installed it looks excellent! Fitment is almost 100%. Weave looks great as well. When examining close up before install, you can see it's not perfect, but once installed it's nearly impossible to tell. The bottom middle clips that are screwed in didn't match up perfectly to the factory holes, but I just had to screw one in, then push the middle of the diffuser to bend it a bit until it lined up.

Would highly recommend this to someone looking for a budget diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #44
hatepotholez
Major
Rep

Thanks for the reply guys, let's keep the thread going!
Appreciate 0