BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
rezN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Austin Yellow

Installed TC Kline coilovers on my M4 this weekend

I track my car a few time/year so I decided to get coilovers. I was unhappy with the body role and how unstable the car felt at high speeds on the track. I had MS springs on the car for about 2 years. Although the ride and drop was nice, I found my self wanting more out of the car.
After some research I decided on TCKC SA front and DA rears. I had them on my 335 and was very happy.
The install went somewhat smoothly. The coilover system could've come with a better instructions, but I called TCK and they were very helpful.
I must say, I was very skeptical of people saying these coilovers ride better than stock. I always thought what they meant was that the suspension is stiffer, but because of the better shocks, the car handles bumps better and smoother.
I can tell you now my car does ride better than stock. It's smoother, less harsh and handle bumps better on the road at low and high speed.
I'm heading to the track in a couple of wks, I'll give my feedback on how the car handles on the track then.
Appreciate 2
FreeDarko217.00
jacobe92619.00
      07-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Why did you split with SA front and DA rears? i have never heard of that. I have been looking at the DA for the F80. I have them on my E46 and no complaints.
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
rezN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Austin Yellow

TCK used to make SA front and rears, but the SA rears are difficult to adjust. The shocks needed to be removed for adjustment so they switched to DA rears.
This is the kit they have now SA front and DA rears.
I guess I could have gone with DA front and rears.....
Appreciate 0