BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

01-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
Not eating out is the key! Wearing 34s now too.
Haha that’s awesome. Sometimes it’s easier to lose the 10 pounds in driver weight than spend thousands on lighter car parts. Enjoy the M3 and fasterlap times in good health!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:59 PM   #24
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

One question: how do you like the slider after some mileage on it? I've heard people complaining that the aftermarket slider getting loose and introduce flex to the seat. Don't know if it's significant
      03-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #25
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
One question: how do you like the slider after some mileage on it? I've heard people complaining that the aftermarket slider getting loose and introduce flex to the seat. Don't know if it's significant
I used an OMP slider. It does get slid back and forth every time to get out of the car... so far no issues. But again, track only car, not a daily.

But it's not fun getting out of a car with a fixed steering wheel and no slider!
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50
      03-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #26
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

I used OMP or Sparco sliders, then moved to Recaro sliders. In both cases the seat seemed too loose for comfort.

Moved to BK mounts with OEM sliders and it feels much more solid

I agree that sliders are necessary to get into the seats with a regular steering wheel!!
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50
      03-24-2021, 01:48 PM   #27
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I used OMP or Sparco sliders, then moved to Recaro sliders. In both cases the seat seemed too loose for comfort.

Moved to BK mounts with OEM sliders and it feels much more solid

I agree that sliders are necessary to get into the seats with a regular steering wheel!!
I was actually referring to your thread for my seat mounting application. I agree with everything you said about the BK mount, being more solid and able to use power slider is a huge plus.

There are two concerns from me:

Would the OEM slider take more height than the aftermarket slider? BK told me the OEM slider will be 2inch taller than the Direct-to-floor mount. Whereas the aftermarket slider usually sits half inch tall.

I also want to correct the crooked seating position from the F8x cars. Seems like VAC floor mount will fix that. I don't think you've used the matrix adapter but what's your take on this?
SYT_Shadow11403.00
      03-24-2021, 02:07 PM   #28
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
I was actually referring to your thread for my seat mounting application. I agree with everything you said about the BK mount, being more solid and able to use power slider is a huge plus.

There are two concerns from me:

Would the OEM slider take more height than the aftermarket slider? BK told me the OEM slider will be 2inch taller than the Direct-to-floor mount. Whereas the aftermarket slider usually sits half inch tall.

I also want to correct the crooked seating position from the F8x cars. Seems like VAC floor mount will fix that. I don't think you've used the matrix adapter but what's your take on this?
In both cars where I have OEM sliders (E90 and F80CS) I've converted to manual sliders. Power sliders are nice but I prefer the faster-acting manual one. Every time I get in/out of the fixed back seats I move the slider all the way back!

Originally I mounted the seats with a combination of Sparco/Recaro and VAC hardware, then undid it and moved to BK/OEM. I did not notice the difference in height between mounting solutions, but then again I am average height.
In terms of the offset seat vs steering wheel present in the E9X and F8X generation, I have somewhat corrected it using the BK mounts with the appropriate offsets but it is still not fully centered. Not sure it would be possible to completely correct unless you use a really narrow seat.

The floor mounts I originally used which allows me to position the side mounts wherever I wanted were aluminum and stripped really easily. The BK (and OEM) setup is steel to steel. I know lots of people run these alu floor mounts, but they creeped me out. Enough to switch solutions after having paid ~1k for one car, then I paid again to get rid of the aftermarket seat mounting stuff.
Appreciate 2
Fabb227.50
irunalot1515.50
      03-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #29
jim1013yyf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

do you have the part# for the X5 seat belt receptacle (the one you used for factory 3point seat belt)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #30
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1013yyf View Post
do you have the part# for the X5 seat belt receptacle (the one you used for factory 3point seat belt)
I can't remember... but I took them out. I'll sell you the ones I used along with the seat belt extenders. They were installed but never actually used. PM if interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #31
jim1013yyf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Quote:
I can't remember... but I took them out. I'll sell you the ones I used along with the seat belt extenders. They were installed but never actually used. PM if interested.
PM'd
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #32
trungnguyen28
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Any chance you ever find that part # lol. In the process of installing my Recaro Pole Position and I have no seatbelt right now.
Appreciate 0