BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

05-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #45
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

The blog is kind of incomplete sounding. Its saying these two new horrible colours are in addition to tanzanite and aruzite, but makes no mention of Moonstone or that other crappy brown individual colour. There has to me more to this.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #46
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

It was interesting to read this detail (form the F30 LCI thread):

◾Trim finisher in instrument panel expands into all four doors

Now, the M3 will have the shiny strip on the doors like the M4 does. I'm not a fan of adding more bright-work myself, but for those who like continuity this is a good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #47
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
LCI is much worse for those who didn't get the LED headlights in 15 IMO. They make a bigger difference than those tail lights...
Wait...the LED are standard now?

Appreciate 2
      05-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #48
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Well im doing a ED spring next year, so i guess ill have to see what else gets introduced before Dec this year. If these are the colour choices im going to pony up and pay the extra 5k for something custom.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
LCI is much worse for those who didn't get the LED headlights in 15 IMO. They make a bigger difference than those tail lights...
Agree they make more visual difference, but at least we always had the option to order these from the start if this was a priority for the buyer.

I don't actually think that it is yet confirmed that the M3/M4 will get standard LED now. If someone has a link to official BMW information (or at least something more than a magazine claim), I'd love to see it. The second piece of the puzzle is, if the LED headlights are now standard, what is the price increase?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #50
dailym3
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
'15 BMW M3  [0.00]
For those waiting on a competition package I remember seeing an interview with one of the M execs, sorry, can't remember his name, who said there are no plans for a comp pkg. His reasoning was that so much effort had already been made in optimizing the current car that in essence it was a comp pkg right out of the box. He referenced how the team went through every part of the car and saved weight where possible, as well as all the other enhancements made in the current model. Of course its possible he just said that so that people wouldn't wait to purchase, but his argument was fairly convincing. They could squeeze more power with a tune, but does the car really need it? 20" wheels only add weight. They could throw on a bunch of carbon fiber parts, but at what cost? And you can easily add those on your own anyway.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #51
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailym3 View Post
For those waiting on a competition package I remember seeing an interview with one of the M execs, sorry, can't remember his name, who said there are no plans for a comp pkg. His reasoning was that so much effort had already been made in optimizing the current car that in essence it was a comp pkg right out of the box. He referenced how the team went through every part of the car and saved weight where possible, as well as all the other enhancements made in the current model. Of course its possible he just said that so that people wouldn't wait to purchase, but his argument was fairly convincing. They could squeeze more power with a tune, but does the car really need it? 20" wheels only add weight. They could throw on a bunch of carbon fiber parts, but at what cost? And you can easily add those on your own anyway.
Good post. Another 25hp will probably come via SW is my guess based on what I just read for the M6. Oh and I'd like to see a tweak to MDM, ie euro version, but I won't hold my breath.
      05-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #52
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Good post. Another 25hp will probably come via SW is my guess based on what I just read for the M6. Oh and I'd like to see a tweak to MDM, ie euro version, but I won't hold my breath.
Order a $25 cable and tweak your own MDM It's awesome. lol
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #53
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

I'm actually really digging Champagne Quartz, gold flake and all. It's like a Gray Moonstone and I'm pretty cool with that. And while I'm sad that there's no Laguna Seca, Santorini, Estoril, or Long Beach Blue, I'm definitely adding Champagne Quartz to my short list.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread