GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #199
jrodrg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart View Post
If they bring on Lemans, Interlagos, San Marino or even Santorini. Then I will totally regret not waiting to get a 2016.

I was cheap and didn't want to fork out a few grand for individual paint.
I want to get SMB... an extra 5k on paint is not something I want dish out though either. I'm hoping this is an available color for the 2016.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #200
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Man, this stuff is comical...honestly. There are more 2015 owners in any "LCI" thread, than there are perspective buyers... All here seemingly to validate their purchase of a 2015. LMAO

Nobody really cares...great, you win...against who? Your own rational side who wanted you to wait for a 16? lol...

We don't even have all the information about 16's yet, according to Jason. MSRP, options, packaging of options, new colors...or not.

You guys claim to be "enjoying your cars for the past 4, 5, 6 months"...all i see is a bunch of dudes wasting time on a forum trolling 2016 LCI threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Blows my mind how many 2015 owners are in here bashing the minimal upgrade and validating their purchase of the 2015. But then it is m3post after all. No surprises at the maturity level here.
I'm not validating anything to anyone except me and not even that. My post was basically humorous and sarcasm, none of which come off too well in print, which lacks voice tones, facial expressions, and body language.

There has been plenty of bashing here going to 2015 owners whether overtly or in innuendos, and not only as it relates to LCI updates, there's a whole 'nother level of ironic ridicule going on as it relates to the release of the new more powerful AMGs with kewl exhausts and how waiting the new 2016s led to better horizons with the AMGs.

If the changes were dramatic I'd still made the same comments but OMG how 2015 owners would have gotten shitted on would have been epic(reflections from the E92, all over again). I bought the car I want now today, tomorrow's will always, always be different. If tomorrow is literally tomorrow I'll wait but six months is too much....after surviving two deployments and seeing countless friends pass away or have life changing experiences, I'd rather live in the moment and be happy in that. So I did "win", against myself lols....2016 guys win too, they got new lights marginally better resale and the option to choose an AMG.

You two need to lighten up and buy a car already to release some of that built up tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
They are doing it because they were getting tired of being bashed as "early adopters" and continually told how much smarter the people waiting for the 2016 LCI were ..... Goes both ways.
True, particularly as I just bought my car in February, which was seen as a waste to some extent since the new one would be out with a 500hp more comp pac, laser lights and new better colors. It hasn't been a rampant overt issue but the tone has been there for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
who the hell bashes the 2015 owners as "early adopters?" I've spent more time on this forum than I'm proud to admit, and I've never seen anyone bash a 2015 owner for buying the car.
Obviously you haven't been here "enough" and clearly I've been here too much.
It's out there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
care to show any posts with someone condemning anyone as an "early adopter"? I'm just trying to understand what you're referring to. on the other hand, there are countless people condemning anyone who is waiting for a 2016 as a fool.
Oh yeah, like I'm going to spend hours searching threads just for you. There are numerous posters bringing up the issue, are we all liars....
There aren't specific "Hate 2015 Owner" threads if that's what you expect, there are just comments floating in and around threads of all kinds that point to the idea that 2015 guys would soon have an outdated car of sorts and actually most of the comments I've seen are in threads relating to purchasing a 2016, whether the waiting was a timing(summer vaca in EU for example), financial, LCI concern you could always count on coming across a comment referencing a 2015 purchase in some negative way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I'd be curious to see those threads as well!!
....maybe you need to be more curious.

Don't stare at the finger....or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Bruce Lee
I read all kinds of threads on this forum, just because it's my first BMW and M car, so I read threads that have to do with purchasing, lights, wheels, controls, everything. I even enter threads about the six speed trans although I have a DCT, and believe me, I discovered things in those threads too. Next thread I'm reading is regarding "no lift upshift in a 6-speed", but I have a DCT...so.
When you read through the whole forum as I do, I can always count on an innuendo about 2015 ownership or lack there of.

It's clear to me you may be looking at the "finger".....
That was humour by the way, see my little emoticons at the end of the sentence..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
You must have selective memory if you cant remember any posts with people bashing early adopters.
I agree.
I think you guys have all just invented this idea in your own mind. If it's such a rampant issue, I don't see why it would be so hard to find any material to substantiate. What I find more of is people saying how jealous they are that you're enjoying your car already as many of us were forced to wait for personal reasons or otherwise.

Seems like a weird insecurity to me that you guys all need to be so overt in telling everyone they're fools for waiting, LED tails big whoop, blah blah blah.
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #201
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

Until they offer a good, lively blue or red, I'm on the fence.

Bring back LeMans and/or Imola!

How is it possible there is no good red?!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #202
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Plenty of bashing on both sides in this thread. Even some name calling at times.

F80 M3 LCI Speculation http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=864358
      05-08-2015, 07:44 AM   #203
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel
For convenience, here is the list of interior changes that should carry over to the M3:

◾New ambient lighting
◾New chrome accents - seat adjustments, window controls, air vents
◾Trim finisher in instrument panel expands into all four doors
◾Cupholders now have sliding cover
I really hope the trim finishers are extended to the doors like in the m4/4 series, the black plastic feels cheap, but in the pics jason posted above, it doesnt look like the trim pieces were extended. Hopefully thats not representative of the final product.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #204
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Until they offer a good, lively blue or red, I'm on the fence.

Bring back LeMans and/or Imola!

How is it possible there is no good red?!
We are our own worst enemies...

As long as BMW keeps offering "special order colors" -some really sweet ones btw, that can add up to $5k to MSRP- that the marketplace is willing to pick why would they change the standard offerings at $550? Buying BMW we get what we pay for, fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it. Unless you want to pay up, they will give you what they want and you will like it or else it's going to cost you $$$!
      05-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #205
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
Plenty of bashing on both sides in this thread. Even some name calling at times.

There are quite a few threads like this. I always love it when some poster makes xyz claim and then tells people to find them the evidence to either prove or disprove said claim.

I tried to add some levity to the discussion, admittedly not the greatest attempt, but oh well. Some want to take this topic way too seriously so have at it. It is fun to read anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #206
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
There are quite a few threads like this. I always love it when some poster makes xyz claim and then tells people to find them the evidence to either prove or disprove said claim.

I tried to add some levity to the discussion, admittedly not the greatest attempt, but oh well. Some want to take this topic way too seriously so have at it. It is fun to read anyway.
Hah, it does kind of make for some entertaining reading, for sure

And btw, Falafel Combo , not to pick on you...I think you have a fantastic car, and enjoyed your "History" thread, but.....in that thread above, post 119...after all that, you still went with a 2015!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
I really find it silly that folks are drawing parallels between waiting for 6 months to get the LCI vs waiting 3 years for the next generation car. Silly.

Listen, it's cool that that you got your soon-to-be-outdated-cars 12 months earlier than LCI folks. I admire what. But personally I'd rather wait 6 more months and get a refreshed version with updates and LEDs. It's the same money. Why not get a better car? Not to mention proper color choices, possible nav update, revised car software and some of the early production kinks worked out ... Rather do that then buy it now and slap my forehead everytime an LCI model drives by. BMW always finds ways to screw early adopters by capitalizing on the enthusiasm and the rush to have the newest product right now ... by skimping on those cars and cutting corners.

Besides, pre-LCI sedans loose value like crazy. If I'm in the market for an e90 M3 (which I am actually), no way in heeeeelll I'm getting a 2008 odd duckling model. I'd rather look for 2009,10,11 with the updated nav, iDrive and Newer head and tail light LEDs. Those 2008 cars are sitting and sitting and sitting. Good thing there are not many of them around in the first place.

Waiting for a few months to get the LCI will always make sense. Waiting for 3 years to get the next gen car is only worth it if you really dislike the current model. But let's get real. Not close to being the same thing.

My European Delivery Thread

Last edited by Bluex; 05-08-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #207
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans 335i View Post
Damn! That's it?? I held off from ordering a 15, and was in hopes of a comp pkg. Not sure if that was worth it now? :
Yes but the LED tail lights are saline-powered from the tears of 2015 buyers.
Except they'll have had up to a year longer in their cars
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #208
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yes but the LED tail lights are saline-powered from the tears of 2015 buyers.
LOL, but seriously, this is a very underwhelming LCI refresh so I would not be sad if I had a 2015. If anything, this validates what many have said about rather having a 2015 and enjoying it now rather than waiting for the LCI.
On the E9X the pre-LCI tails looked ancient...in this case, I think I like the pre-LCI lights better.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:49 AM   #209
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
On the E9X the pre-LCI tails looked ancient...in this case, I think I like the pre-LCI lights better.
Yep, dull orange halogen lamp that looks like from the 80s, looks better. Sure thing captain maybe as long as you dont actually hit the brakes, its not bad.. Since running lights are still led..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #210
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse
Quote:
Yep, dull orange halogen lamp that looks like from the 80s, looks better. Sure thing captain maybe as long as you dont actually hit the brakes, its not bad.. Since running lights are still led..
Hey we all have our own opinion.

I think it's fair to say the pre lci lights on the f8x are a huge improvement over the pre lci e9x lights. The e9x pre lci to lci difference was significant.

I think the f8x pre lci lights are beautiful, and it's tough to improve on something with the bar set so high.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #211
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post

post 234. Looks like I was pretty close with my guesses. Just missed the tail light change. I'm going to still stick with my 2017 model year being the bigger changes

im excited to see the new tails in person, still hard to tell much from pictures for me.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #212
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Hey you already have a 16 apparently
Already put down deposit and first in line for first allocation.
      05-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #213
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
Already put down deposit and first in line for first allocation.
Cool if you're not getting a slammin deal let me know. My dealer already offered to sell me the first 16 at near invoice. So I guess there isn't too big of a push.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #214
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Cool if you're not getting a slammin deal let me know. My dealer already offered to sell me the first 16 at near invoice. So I guess there isn't too big of a push lol.
That's awesome, my deal is 1250+ invoice and that's with 2 M3 ordering at the same time lol.. I am attending UDE and team USA drive, so that's at least $1000 off to push the deal near invoice. Tough to buy the car in Cali.
      05-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #215
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
post 234. Looks like I was pretty close with my guesses. Just missed the tail light change. I'm going to still stick with my 2017 model year being the bigger changes
I'm not so sure about that prediction, GOLFFRR. I think it is unlikely that there will be any changes for MY2017 other than possibly the addition of the competition package. But it seems more likely right now that that will come sooner, midway through MY2016 in March 2016.

The M4 may also get its LCI in sometime during MY2017, but almost certainly not from the start, and even that could wait until the beginning of MY2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodDoc View Post
I really hope the trim finishers are extended to the doors like in the m4/4 series, the black plastic feels cheap, but in the pics jason posted above, it doesnt look like the trim pieces were extended. Hopefully thats not representative of the final product.
As with the tail lights, these pictures are just digital mock-ups. I'm not so sure that they should be trusted to reveal true to life representations of what the interior will look like, especially for small details like the trim strip color. That's just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #216
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse
Quote:
Hey we all have our own opinion.

I think it's fair to say the pre lci lights on the f8x are a huge improvement over the pre lci e9x lights. The e9x pre lci to lci difference was significant.

I think the f8x pre lci lights are beautiful, and it's tough to improve on something with the bar set so high.
Agreed - until we see OLED, I'm not that enamored with the implementation of the LED (checkerboard). At least in this shot, pre-LCI looks more elegant to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #217
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Interested to hear about the new idrive.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #218
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast@AUTOcouture View Post
Interested to hear about the new idrive.
On the f30 forums someone posted it is still NBT like the 2014+ but with slightly different software. It isn't a big change in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #219
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Agreed - until we see OLED, I'm not that enamored with the implementation of the LED (checkerboard). At least in this shot, pre-LCI looks more elegant to me.
I like the new tail lights but that LED bar does look like a big coffee scooper..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #220
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
On the f30 forums someone posted it is still NBT like the 2014+ but with slightly different software. It isn't a big change in my opinion.
It is the same nav, just with over-the-air updates.

This hand gestures pipe dream was never going to happen.
Appreciate 0