EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
hullc26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW M3 CS

2018 M3 lease offer - good or bad?

Hi all,

Looking to lease a 2018 M3, and wondering if this is a good deal. First BMW road car so I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

Seems a bit high, but thats me. The reason I say that is I was leasing pretty much a fully optioned M3 (minus comp package because it wasn't available at the time) for ~900/mo before tax.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

That's a horrible deal. On a 89k car where lease programs are going to tank on them in about 10 days I would offer absolutely ZERO down and be at under 850.
      05-20-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
ABahnM5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 16 Holden Commodore VF

Autonation is going to make you think you’re special, but you aren’t. Based on those numbers that should be obvious. All decisions made are done so through a 1 price no haggle pricing model. They do this to make you think you’re getting a better deal than you are. In actuality it’s nothing more than clever advertising and very well trained salesmen . It’s like carmax on really polished steroids. I have dealt with several AN dealerships in Texas. On both occasions the dealerships (both bmw stores) made it clear they cared far more for autonation than they did for BMW. Their business model is supposed to be different for new car sales, but nothing I’ve seen has made me believe that. They will not hesitate to move cars if they don’t sell, this gives them the upper hand in any negotiation. That being said they specialize in taking advantage of a never ending supply of ignorant or desperate consumers. They have truly become a monster in car sales...don’t allow yourself to become one of their latest snacks. Companies like Autonation are ruining the opportunity for great deals on cars like these. You can do way better...walk away
Appreciate 4
Darth One6612.50
Clark_Kent2194.50
GERMAN M34176.50
      05-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABahnM5 View Post
Autonation is going to make you think you’re special, but you aren’t. Based on those numbers that should be obvious. All decisions made are done so through a 1 price no haggle pricing model. They do this to make you think you’re getting a better deal than you are. In actuality it’s nothing more than clever advertising and very well trained salesmen . It’s like carmax on really polished steroids. I have dealt with several AN dealerships in Texas. On both occasions the dealerships (both bmw stores) made it clear they cared far more for autonation than they did for BMW. Their business model is supposed to be different for new car sales, but nothing I’ve seen has made me believe that. They will not hesitate to move cars if they don’t sell, this gives them the upper hand in any negotiation. That being said they specialize in taking advantage of a never ending supply of ignorant or desperate consumers. They have truly become a monster in car sales...don’t allow yourself to become one of their latest snacks. Companies like Autonation are ruining the opportunity for great deals on cars like these. You can do way better...walk away

very well said.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

You can get almost two M3CS lease deals for what they're raping you with.

Then again, stealership can't be charged for rape if you give them consent.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #7
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I started scrolling down the deal sheet, saw “Autonation” and went oh no....

Be vigilant OP, those guys are gonna try to fuck you from all different directions. Even after you come to terms, scrutinize every line item of the contract, keep your head on a swivel and basically assume you’re going to experience attempted rape in the finance office....etc etc.

Buying a car from Autonation is like wearing a steak suit as you run through the lion enclosure. But hey, at least they’ll give you a pink license plate frame so you know that they support the cure for breast cancer!
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      05-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #8
hullc26
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks everyone,

I had the feeling that they weren't giving me a good price and that was confirmed by some browsing on the forums.

They kept hiding the MF and other payment variables from me and would dodge other questions I have. Also kept "forgetting" to add in the BMW $3,500 lease credit and other incentives until I asked repeatedly.

I will start shopping elsewhere and make sure I am getting a better deal.
Appreciate 2
minn1913965.50
GERMAN M34176.50
      05-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #9
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
You can get almost two M3CS lease deals for what they're raping you with.

Then again, stealership can't be charged for rape if you give them consent.
I understand what you're trying to communicate, but chill out with the rape references. Pick another verb...bamboozled, robbed, tricked, worked over, etc.
Appreciate 2
minn1913965.50
doug_9992538.50
      05-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #10
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
I understand what you're trying to communicate, but chill out with the rape references. Pick another verb...bamboozled, robbed, tricked, worked over, etc.
My apologies. I'm not worried about the PC aspect of things, because I have no plans of ever becoming a politician. I'd rather be a comedian, so I can speak my mind without filters.

Please don't let the media and general society soften you as a person. Freedom of speech is less and less free because of this PC mindset. People should be able to say whatever they want, as long as there's no intent of hate or malice.
Appreciate 3
      05-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #11
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

the fuck is road and bridge....and 400 dollar tints. probably a shit job using ebay film.

edit:

Other:7$ :LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #12
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
My apologies. I'm not worried about the PC aspect of things, because I have no plans of ever becoming a politician. I'd rather be a comedian, so I can speak my mind without filters.

Please don't let the media and general society soften you as a person. Freedom of speech is less and less free because of this PC mindset. People should be able to say whatever they want, as long as there's no intent of hate or malice.
Now that the feminist movement and gender neutral movement have taken over full force. on dates I would wonder if I made the slightest general role joke; would my date lash out or just not be open to second date...like srsly Im not going to walk on eggshells all day. my vocabulary if spoken freely would just about offend everyone in the world...

"oh no grow up!"
"your so immature" --> why because I don't conform to your standards.

I see the other side, I really do. But only people with that kind of dark humor really click I guess.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #13
avd3k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

This is really high, check lease deals/quotes prices thread, myself and other forum members were able to get M3 recently for high 600s to mid 700s (with MSDs, but no money down). Also, on leasehacker.com somebody got unicorn deal of 505$/month+tax.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #14
tamkhan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 ZCP (Sold)

Bad deal.
Try and get to ZERO down. Unicorn deals on these cars are tough to get if you don't have OL codes, bonuses, loyalty etc etc. It can be done, but just not the easiest thing in the world.
I recently picked up an M3. The CS I was looking at didn't happen, so went with a fully loaded M3 (comp pack, MPE, executive, CF goodies all around) for $798/month with zero down and zero drive offs. No security deposits.
When you talk to dealers, ask for over 20% off MSRP. Most will not play, but the ones that do, will come close to that number. From there on, with incentives, you should be able to get a good monthly payment. Try and roll everything into the monthly and never put any money down on these cars. Good luck!
Target point for M3 discounts is anywhere from 18-22%. 22% can get you a unicorn deal. 18% will get you a good deal. I was at 18% discount before incentives
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 03:56 PM   #15
Westway
Rep
Drives: M2C

So my current dealer I'm leasing through is an Autonation dealership and this is the first I've heard something negative about Autonation. Should I seriously consider looking at another non-Autonation dealer for my next lease?

Seems hard for me to believe this makes a difference since its BMW at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABahnM5 View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:14 PM   #16
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Now that the feminist movement and gender neutral movement have taken over full force. on dates I would wonder if I made the slightest general role joke; would my date lash out or just not be open to second date...like srsly Im not going to walk on eggshells all day. my vocabulary if spoken freely would just about offend everyone in the world...

"oh no grow up!"
"your so immature" --> why because I don't conform to your standards.

I see the other side, I really do. But only people with that kind of dark humor really click I guess.
Because rape is super funny regardless of PC.
Appreciate 3
Clark_Kent2194.50
doug_9992538.50
      05-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #17
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Because rape is super funny regardless of PC.
Only if you say it's funny then I will LOL with you!
Appreciate 1
jninja514.50
      05-22-2019, 07:47 PM   #18
bzcat
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Is Texas one of those state that charges sales tax on the entire sales price upfront rather than on the monthly payment? That partly explains why your payment is so high. But any dealers that charges $400 for crappy tint is probably also marking up the money factor and acquisition fee. I'm shocked they have the self-restrain to only charge you $150 for doc fee, which is always BS, like dentist charging you extra for their gloves.

The bottom line is this... the lease support for 2018 3 series (M3 included) is going to end this month (supposed to end last month but got extended). So if the dealer doesn't lease this car in the next 2 weeks, they are stuck with it. The only way to get rid of it after this month is over is the hope for someone coming in with a sack of $100 bill to buy it. In another word, they should be bending over backwards to make this deal happen but they are still dicking around with $400 tint and $7 "other". Let them stew in their own poop for a few days and call them after Memorial day.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #19
hullc26
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
Is Texas one of those state that charges sales tax on the entire sales price upfront rather than on the monthly payment? That partly explains why your payment is so high. But any dealers that charges $400 for crappy tint is probably also marking up the money factor and acquisition fee. I'm shocked they have the self-restrain to only charge you $150 for doc fee, which is always BS, like dentist charging you extra for their gloves.

The bottom line is this... the lease support for 2018 3 series (M3 included) is going to end this month (supposed to end last month but got extended). So if the dealer doesn't lease this car in the next 2 weeks, they are stuck with it. The only way to get rid of it after this month is over is the hope for someone coming in with a sack of $100 bill to buy it. In another word, they should be bending over backwards to make this deal happen but they are still dicking around with $400 tint and $7 "other". Let them stew in their own poop for a few days and call them after Memorial day.
Thanks everyone for the responses. I have passed on this car and actually found a few CSs that I have gotten much better quotes for.
Appreciate 1
minn1913965.50
      05-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #20
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullc26 View Post
Quote:

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have passed on this car and actually found a few CSs that I have gotten much better quotes for.
Show autonation! Your old deal with auto-nation was a FANTASTIC deal... for them.
      05-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #21
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullc26 View Post
Quote:

Show autonation! Your old deal with auto-nation was a FANTASTIC deal... for them.
Don't waste time going back to Auto Nation. They won't care.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 03:35 AM   #22
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:

I don’t think he cared from a PC perspective. It was more so friendly advice because it makes you sound like a mouth breather.
Appreciate 0