EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
JoePcone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Bluetooth Calling itself after starting car

Once I get into my car, my bluetooth from my phone automatically calls itself. When I diconnect and reconnect, same thing. Has anyone else had this issue? It just started happening. I unpaired, repaired, hard reset the phone..still happens.

(past) 2012 E92 M3 - Melbourne Red - Eibach Springs/AG M359/ performance spoiler/ performance splitters/10mm spacers, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Alpine Stage 2 Tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePcone View Post
Once I get into my car, my bluetooth from my phone automatically calls itself. When I diconnect and reconnect, same thing. Has anyone else had this issue? It just started happening. I unpaired, repaired, hard reset the phone..still happens.
What doy you mean calling itself?

I get a prompt to follow an address in SF that I recently visited. So annoying. Goes away once I turn Bluetooth off.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
JoePcone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:

I get a prompt to follow an address in SF that I recently visited. So annoying. Goes away once I turn Bluetooth off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:

my phone calls itself, so strange

(past) 2012 E92 M3 - Melbourne Red - Eibach Springs/AG M359/ performance spoiler/ performance splitters/10mm spacers, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Alpine Stage 2 Tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Any app in your phone that sends a message thru Bluetooth will show as a call to your own number in the iDrive display. For example, Google Maps direction prompts...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
JoePcone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Any app in your phone that sends a message thru Bluetooth will show as a call to your own number in the iDrive display. For example, Google Maps direction prompts...
Are you saying an app that sends a message will start a live call to my own number? Keep in mind, I need to hang up on this call to my own phone every time I get into my car and the bluetooth connects. Without a doubt it's an issue with my android phone, not the car itself.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #6
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Are you saying an app that sends a message will start a live call to my own number? Keep in mind, I need to hang up on this call to my own phone every time I get into my car and the bluetooth connects. Without a doubt it's an issue with my android phone, not the car itself.
Not an actual call, a call to your number displayed in the iDrive screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 05:07 AM   #7
MILLER335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 Dinan stage 3 335I

Perhaps your car is lonely?
      07-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
N54MPower
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars

Quote:

My car has been doing just as you described recently. That along with poor Bluetooth connectivity issues as well. Someone mentioned that it might be related to the BMW Connected app (that would also start on my phone when I got in the car and started it) so I uninstalled that, unpaired BT on the car and my iPhone and that's seemed to fix it. At least for now.

My car is MY2018 F80 with a 08/17 build FWIW.
Appreciate 1
JoePcone145.00