ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-21-2020, 11:36 PM   #23
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Shah, when did the 4 pin hubs come out??
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:02 AM   #24
rborane
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Nice work! Car seems like a blast. Factory Downpipes also?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:59 AM   #25
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
So glad you’re enjoying your new setup!! Thanks for the detailed write-up and the kind words! Have fun and be safe!

As for everybody else that might read this, I pray you are all safe and that your families are safe as well. Life will return to normal soon and we can all get back to the fun!

Much love to all.
Well said.

Thanks for your help before and during these times
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #26
SSR Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: S55 -F80 / N54 -135i / N55-535

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Shah, when did the 4 pin hubs come out??
Just about 14 days ago brother!

Shah @ SSR Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:06 AM   #27
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR Performance View Post
Just about 14 days ago brother!

Shah @ SSR Performance
Sounds awesome 😎 Just curious why the change from 2?
Appreciate 1
tomlong617.00
      04-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #28
SSR Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Sounds awesome 😎 Just curious why the change from 2?
Checkout our in depth crank hub thread here! It has the full explanation for everything and also goes in depth as to the upgraded 4 pin crank hub as well as the full installation process

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1675231
Appreciate 3
      04-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #29
e85m4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

4000$ spent for something that may have never failed !! People should stop buying F8X if they are that much worried about the crank hub IMO !! But hey to each their own right
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 06:14 PM   #30
whatnotsomuchf80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85m4 View Post
4000$ spent for something that may have never failed !! People should stop buying F8X if they are that much worried about the crank hub IMO !! But hey to each their own right
Please don't spread misinformation. It's not $4000 for the crank hub upgrade bud. I paid full retail for part + install and it was still well under that price. Regardless, to each their own.

Your username is "e85m4", yet you tell others they shouldn't be upgrading their crank hubs. You do realize there are SEVERAL reported S55 engine cases which state that their crank hubs spun very shortly after loading their full E85 maps (since they produce so much more power). I even know someone personally who got their M3 tuned on full E85 and within 4 miles the car literally stalled out on the freeway and it wouldn't turn back on. He had to VERY CAREFULLY cruise over into the emergency lane in neutral and get towed back to the shop to have his crank hub upgraded. He was lucky enough that there was no engine damage and the shop got him back on the road asap.

I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to take that 50/50 chance of blowing my engine and MUCH more importantly not willing to take the chance of causing an accident due to my car stalling with myself and others inside it.

Unless money and safety truly don't mean anything to you, you'd be crazy not to watch yourselves on downshifts and kickdowns while tuned esp w e85. That isn't why I bought this car

You say people should stop buying F8X if they are that worried, I say I'll spend $$$ all day to protect what I enjoy. If you're planning on keeping your car and driving the crap out of it, its no different than insurance. Again, as I mentioned, to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #31
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

Great write up!
My 2 pin order has been replaced by the 4 pin, and awaiting install date!
      04-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #32
tomlong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Quote:
Going out on a limb here, I think what @e85m4 is saying is if you're going to drop $4k to replace the crankhub, might as well leverage that 20 hours of labor to either build the motor or install additional hard to reach mods while the engine is practically apart.

I agree with @e85m4 and I wouldn't drop that much money to only go in and just replace one part. I would rather let my crank hub spin 1st BUT with a plan in mind.

This is coming from a guy who had a big turbo 24v VR6 motor project a decade ago with two spare 02M transmissions waiting for the next time the tranny blew up. Planning is key
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #33
E92TiAg335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnotsomuchf80 View Post
Is it worth it?
If you are looking to drive your M3 / M4 on E85 and have the least amount of worry then I highly suggest you continue reading...

My apologies for the very long post in advance, but I think it’s equally as important to share great experiences as it is to share any negative ones, and if I’m going to do this I might as well do it right! If you are in the market for upgrading your F8X M3 / M4 I hope this helps make your path and decision a lot easier.

Additionally before I begin, I want to give a HUGE shout out to the guys over at SSR Performance in Orange County, CA and Cary Jordan (a man who needs no introduction) for getting me set up the proper way. Shah, Rod and Cary took great care of me and, as you will read in the following post, I am extremely grateful for their amazing customer service, top quality workmanship and for their help in allowing me to finally truly enjoy my BMW M3.

My first drive after SSR Performance and Cary Jordan worked their magic

[SIZE="3"]THE CAR: 2018 BMW F80 M3[/SIZE]
I picked up my M3 brand new back in September of 2018. It had been one of my dream cars for a long while and the moment I test drove it I fell in love. It didn’t take very long for the mod bug to bite me. Within just 3 months I had my car loaded with an off the shelf stage 1 map from a local company. After feeling what the stage 1 tune did for my car I decided that for my taste I needed more power. I wanted to go the custom tune route and also make sure it was safe. My ultimate goal was to be in the 550-600whp region. This car is my daily driver so I was looking for the maximum amount of reliable power that I could get with a stock engine and stock fuel system.

[SIZE="3"]THE PROBLEM: Needed More power + S55 Spinning Crank Hub[/SIZE]
The company that initially did my stage 1 off the shelf tune didn’t offer any custom tuning, so I began to look elsewhere. Although I wanted to upgrade immediately to a custom stage 2 tune and possibly even a custom E85 tune, after doing further research (which I probably should have done before even ever tuning my car on stage 1), I was hesitant to give the S55 a lot more power than stock and even more so hesitant to drive the M3 the way it was meant to be driven due to the spinning crank hub issue that I had begun to read so much about on the forums. Since hearing about tuned car after tuned car having this issue I began forcing myself to drive without ever downshifting and without hitting the throttle kickdown (even just on my stage 1 map) in fear that I would risk spinning the crank hub and end up causing irreversible engine damage. Given ANY chance of engine failure (however small it may be), I realized it would be stupid to downshift often and was forced to baby the car. I hated having the thought in the back of my head every time I drove the car that I COULD NOT DOWNSHIFT. This took ALL of the enjoyability out of the car for me. I knew I couldn’t just upgrade the power even further without looking into upgrading my crank hub and keep sane while doing so.

This is when I met Shah who is one of the owners of SSR Performance, and also one of the most genuine and knowledgeable individuals that I have met in this industry; especially when it comes to the F8X platform. I met him at a BMW car event by random chance and explained to him my goals with the car. He went completely out of his way and spent over an hour talking to me about everything with absolutely no commitment from me and not once did he try to sell me on any of his products or services. The passion and willingness to help that I felt from him that day led me to eventually find myself at SSR Performance.

[SIZE="3"]THE SOLUTION: SSR Performance + Keyed 4 Pin Crank Hub + Cary Jordan E85 Tune[/SIZE]

I let SSR Performance handle the project from beginning to end. We began by tackling the issue of reliability. Shah walked me through the concept of their new keyed 4 pin crank hub, which looked and felt great, and showed me a side by side comparison with a stock S55 crank hub. He made sure I understood 100% the concept behind the design and how it will help relieve my worries completely. We then worked out a power package with SSR Downpipes, SSR Intakes, and NGK step colder spark plugs. We accompanied all of that with a Bootmod3 tuning license (HUGE shout out to Pro Tuning Freaks for creating such an amazing tuning platform for the F series BMW community). We would later be using the BM3 license to do my custom E85 dyno tune with Cary Jordan’s expertise (done in house at SSR). Please don’t ask me about the price on all of these items. What I will say is that SSR’s pricing was very competitive and very reasonable for the quality of work and overall customer service, to say the least.

The entire installation of the keyed 4 pin crank hub and all accompanying performance parts took 4 days total from drop off to pickup. This also included the custom E85 tune that was done on the in-house Mustang dyno (BM3 Stage 2 OTS vs Cary Jordan Full E85 results posted below). I should also mention that, based on my research, Cary Jordan is seemingly a wizard when it comes to the S55 platform! Cary got the maximum power out of my car and even dialed in the burble exactly how I had requested and worked hand in hand with SSR Performance to make sure my car got done as promised and in the time frame promised. Communication with Rod, SSR’s shop manager, was extremely clear throughout the whole process and the entire job was finished in 1 day less than promised. Rod even sent me photos of my brake pads and rotors which were needing replacement and had the parts brought in and replaced upon my approval (saved me an extra trip!). All in all, the team at SSR Performance treated me right and I will be recommending anyone with a BMW who is looking for similar services, or any automotive services for that matter, to contact them immediately.

[SIZE="3"]THE RESULT: BRUTAL POWER!!![/SIZE]

A safe and reliable 512 WHP / 576 WTQ on SSR’s “heartbreaker dyno” with Cary Jordan’s Custom Full E85 map. As you can see this was an increase in 96 HP / 138 TQ TO THE WHEELS!! This increase was with the only change being Stage 2 91 octane OTS vs Stage 2 Full E85 Cary Jordan map. I already know you’re all thinking exactly what I was initially thinking, “Those numbers seem low.” You have to realize that this reading was taken on a Mustang dyno (load based for best live tuning) and that these numbers with a Dynojet correction factor would be more in the region of 604 WHP / 633 WTQ. That Dynojet correction factor is based on multiple cars that have been tuned at SSR Performance and then gone to a dynojet for “glory numbers” and put down numbers in the region of +18%. Just in case you don’t believe me, I also requested a dyno sheet for any exotic car that they have had on their dyno and they happened to have a baseline dyno sheet of a stock 2017 Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, which I have also included below for fun haha.

My M3 put down approximately 76 WHP and a WHOPPING 271 WTQ more than a stock 2017 Lamborghini 580-2 (I understand the car is NA and I am not by any means saying my car is better than a Lambo, but that comparison is pretty cool in my opinion!).

Upon initial drive, the power my F80 M3 put down was incomparable to anything that I had felt before and absolutely BRUTAL! Once the pedal is down lifting your head off the headrest is now out of the question. I have driven both the McLaren 570s and Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, yet I can confidently say that my car is the fastest car that I have ever been in. There are only two problems. Firstly, it’s been almost a week and I still can’t seem to control my right foot at every open road opportunity. Secondly, I can’t seem to get rid of this smile. Hahahah. All jokes aside though, my next round of mods will definitely include a set of upgraded wheels and tires (not sure what setup yet, any suggestions are very welcome). Most importantly of all, I can now downshift without a single doubt on my mind. This car is better than the best version of my M3 I could have ever dreamt of.

[SIZE="3"]OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 10/10 (I could not have been happier)[/SIZE]
The answer to the question is YES. The keyed crank hub upgrade and Cary Jordan E85 tune is 100% worth it in my option for anyone looking to make safe and reliable power in their M3 / M4. As far as power goes I will probably leave it at the level that it’s at for a very long time (maybe forever). I hope this 15 minute read saves anyone who is in the market for safe and reliable power for their M3 / M4 the hours and hours of research that I had to do to get my M3 to its final form. If you’ve stuck around until now I’m very flattered and glad to know that this wasn’t all in vain. Hahah. Thank you for reading!

- A.M.
Hi.

I WISH i could have SSR do the work for me, but i'm in South Florida, so this is out of the question for me.

Is there any chance you can PM me and let me know how much you paid for everything? I'm in the middle of getting quotes, so i'd like everything to be comparable.

One shop is offering me great price, but it's 5 hours away...
      04-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #34
Laoschris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TiAg335i View Post
Quote:
Is it worth it?
If you are looking to drive your M3 / M4 on E85 and have the least amount of worry then I highly suggest you continue reading...

My apologies for the very long post in advance, but I think it's equally as important to share great experiences as it is to share any negative ones, and if I'm going to do this I might as well do it right! If you are in the market for upgrading your F8X M3 / M4 I hope this helps make your path and decision a lot easier.

Additionally before I begin, I want to give a HUGE shout out to the guys over at SSR Performance in Orange County, CA and Cary Jordan (a man who needs no introduction) for getting me set up the proper way. Shah, Rod and Cary took great care of me and, as you will read in the following post, I am extremely grateful for their amazing customer service, top quality workmanship and for their help in allowing me to finally truly enjoy my BMW M3.

I picked up my M3 brand new back in September of 2018. It had been one of my dream cars for a long while and the moment I test drove it I fell in love. It didn't take very long for the mod bug to bite me. Within just 3 months I had my car loaded with an off the shelf stage 1 map from a local company. After feeling what the stage 1 tune did for my car I decided that for my taste I needed more power. I wanted to go the custom tune route and also make sure it was safe. My ultimate goal was to be in the 550-600whp region. This car is my daily driver so I was looking for the maximum amount of reliable power that I could get with a stock engine and stock fuel system.

The company that initially did my stage 1 off the shelf tune didn't offer any custom tuning, so I began to look elsewhere. Although I wanted to upgrade immediately to a custom stage 2 tune and possibly even a custom E85 tune, after doing further research (which I probably should have done before even ever tuning my car on stage 1), I was hesitant to give the S55 a lot more power than stock and even more so hesitant to drive the M3 the way it was meant to be driven due to the spinning crank hub issue that I had begun to read so much about on the forums. Since hearing about tuned car after tuned car having this issue I began forcing myself to drive without ever downshifting and without hitting the throttle kickdown (even just on my stage 1 map) in fear that I would risk spinning the crank hub and end up causing irreversible engine damage. Given ANY chance of engine failure (however small it may be), I realized it would be stupid to downshift often and was forced to baby the car. I hated having the thought in the back of my head every time I drove the car that I COULD NOT DOWNSHIFT. This took ALL of the enjoyability out of the car for me. I knew I couldn't just upgrade the power even further without looking into upgrading my crank hub and keep sane while doing so.

This is when I met Shah who is one of the owners of SSR Performance, and also one of the most genuine and knowledgeable individuals that I have met in this industry; especially when it comes to the F8X platform. I met him at a BMW car event by random chance and explained to him my goals with the car. He went completely out of his way and spent over an hour talking to me about everything with absolutely no commitment from me and not once did he try to sell me on any of his products or services. The passion and willingness to help that I felt from him that day led me to eventually find myself at SSR Performance.

[SIZE="3"]THE SOLUTION: SSR Performance + Keyed 4 Pin Crank Hub + Cary Jordan E85 Tune[/SIZE]

I let SSR Performance handle the project from beginning to end. We began by tackling the issue of reliability. Shah walked me through the concept of their new keyed 4 pin crank hub, which looked and felt great, and showed me a side by side comparison with a stock S55 crank hub. He made sure I understood 100% the concept behind the design and how it will help relieve my worries completely. We then worked out a power package with SSR Downpipes, SSR Intakes, and NGK step colder spark plugs. We accompanied all of that with a Bootmod3 tuning license (HUGE shout out to Pro Tuning Freaks for creating such an amazing tuning platform for the F series BMW community). We would later be using the BM3 license to do my custom E85 dyno tune with Cary Jordan's expertise (done in house at SSR). Please don't ask me about the price on all of these items. What I will say is that SSR's pricing was very competitive and very reasonable for the quality of work and overall customer service, to say the least.

The entire installation of the keyed 4 pin crank hub and all accompanying performance parts took 4 days total from drop off to pickup. This also included the custom E85 tune that was done on the in-house Mustang dyno (BM3 Stage 2 OTS vs Cary Jordan Full E85 results posted below). I should also mention that, based on my research, Cary Jordan is seemingly a wizard when it comes to the S55 platform! Cary got the maximum power out of my car and even dialed in the burble exactly how I had requested and worked hand in hand with SSR Performance to make sure my car got done as promised and in the time frame promised. Communication with Rod, SSR's shop manager, was extremely clear throughout the whole process and the entire job was finished in 1 day less than promised. Rod even sent me photos of my brake pads and rotors which were needing replacement and had the parts brought in and replaced upon my approval (saved me an extra trip!). All in all, the team at SSR Performance treated me right and I will be recommending anyone with a BMW who is looking for similar services, or any automotive services for that matter, to contact them immediately.

A safe and reliable 512 WHP / 576 WTQ on SSR's "heartbreaker dyno" with Cary Jordan's Custom Full E85 map. As you can see this was an increase in 96 HP / 138 TQ TO THE WHEELS!! This increase was with the only change being Stage 2 91 octane OTS vs Stage 2 Full E85 Cary Jordan map. I already know you're all thinking exactly what I was initially thinking, "Those numbers seem low." You have to realize that this reading was taken on a Mustang dyno (load based for best live tuning) and that these numbers with a Dynojet correction factor would be more in the region of 604 WHP / 633 WTQ. That Dynojet correction factor is based on multiple cars that have been tuned at SSR Performance and then gone to a dynojet for "glory numbers" and put down numbers in the region of +18%. Just in case you don't believe me, I also requested a dyno sheet for any exotic car that they have had on their dyno and they happened to have a baseline dyno sheet of a stock 2017 Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, which I have also included below for fun haha.

My M3 put down approximately 76 WHP and a WHOPPING 271 WTQ more than a stock 2017 Lamborghini 580-2 (I understand the car is NA and I am not by any means saying my car is better than a Lambo, but that comparison is pretty cool in my opinion!).

Upon initial drive, the power my F80 M3 put down was incomparable to anything that I had felt before and absolutely BRUTAL! Once the pedal is down lifting your head off the headrest is now out of the question. I have driven both the McLaren 570s and Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, yet I can confidently say that my car is the fastest car that I have ever been in. There are only two problems. Firstly, it's been almost a week and I still can't seem to control my right foot at every open road opportunity. Secondly, I can't seem to get rid of this smile. Hahahah. All jokes aside though, my next round of mods will definitely include a set of upgraded wheels and tires (not sure what setup yet, any suggestions are very welcome). Most importantly of all, I can now downshift without a single doubt on my mind. This car is better than the best version of my M3 I could have ever dreamt of.

The answer to the question is YES. The keyed crank hub upgrade and Cary Jordan E85 tune is 100% worth it in my option for anyone looking to make safe and reliable power in their M3 / M4. As far as power goes I will probably leave it at the level that it's at for a very long time (maybe forever). I hope this 15 minute read saves anyone who is in the market for safe and reliable power for their M3 / M4 the hours and hours of research that I had to do to get my M3 to its final form. If you've stuck around until now I'm very flattered and glad to know that this wasn't all in vain. Hahah. Thank you for reading!

- A.M.
Hi.

I WISH i could have SSR do the work for me, but i'm in South Florida, so this is out of the question for me.

Is there any chance you can PM me and let me know how much you paid for everything? I'm in the middle of getting quotes, so i'd like everything to be comparable.

I'm in SoFL too. Whom have you contacted? I've reached out to a couple as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 01:37 PM   #35
E92TiAg335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoschris View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Is it worth it?

My apologies for the very long post in advance, but I think it's equally as important to share great experiences as it is to share any negative ones, and if I'm going to do this I might as well do it right! If you are in the market for upgrading your F8X M3 / M4 I hope this helps make your path and decision a lot easier.

I picked up my M3 brand new back in September of 2018. It had been one of my dream cars for a long while and the moment I test drove it I fell in love. It didn't take very long for the mod bug to bite me. Within just 3 months I had my car loaded with an off the shelf stage 1 map from a local company. After feeling what the stage 1 tune did for my car I decided that for my taste I needed more power. I wanted to go the custom tune route and also make sure it was safe. My ultimate goal was to be in the 550-600whp region. This car is my daily driver so I was looking for the maximum amount of reliable power that I could get with a stock engine and stock fuel system.

The company that initially did my stage 1 off the shelf tune didn't offer any custom tuning, so I began to look elsewhere. Although I wanted to upgrade immediately to a custom stage 2 tune and possibly even a custom E85 tune, after doing further research (which I probably should have done before even ever tuning my car on stage 1), I was hesitant to give the S55 a lot more power than stock and even more so hesitant to drive the M3 the way it was meant to be driven due to the spinning crank hub issue that I had begun to read so much about on the forums. Since hearing about tuned car after tuned car having this issue I began forcing myself to drive without ever downshifting and without hitting the throttle kickdown (even just on my stage 1 map) in fear that I would risk spinning the crank hub and end up causing irreversible engine damage. Given ANY chance of engine failure (however small it may be), I realized it would be stupid to downshift often and was forced to baby the car. I hated having the thought in the back of my head every time I drove the car that I COULD NOT DOWNSHIFT. This took ALL of the enjoyability out of the car for me. I knew I couldn't just upgrade the power even further without looking into upgrading my crank hub and keep sane while doing so.

I let SSR Performance handle the project from beginning to end. We began by tackling the issue of reliability. Shah walked me through the concept of their new keyed 4 pin crank hub, which looked and felt great, and showed me a side by side comparison with a stock S55 crank hub. He made sure I understood 100% the concept behind the design and how it will help relieve my worries completely. We then worked out a power package with SSR Downpipes, SSR Intakes, and NGK step colder spark plugs. We accompanied all of that with a Bootmod3 tuning license (HUGE shout out to Pro Tuning Freaks for creating such an amazing tuning platform for the F series BMW community). We would later be using the BM3 license to do my custom E85 dyno tune with Cary Jordan's expertise (done in house at SSR). Please don't ask me about the price on all of these items. What I will say is that SSR's pricing was very competitive and very reasonable for the quality of work and overall customer service, to say the least.

The entire installation of the keyed 4 pin crank hub and all accompanying performance parts took 4 days total from drop off to pickup. This also included the custom E85 tune that was done on the in-house Mustang dyno (BM3 Stage 2 OTS vs Cary Jordan Full E85 results posted below). I should also mention that, based on my research, Cary Jordan is seemingly a wizard when it comes to the S55 platform! Cary got the maximum power out of my car and even dialed in the burble exactly how I had requested and worked hand in hand with SSR Performance to make sure my car got done as promised and in the time frame promised. Communication with Rod, SSR's shop manager, was extremely clear throughout the whole process and the entire job was finished in 1 day less than promised. Rod even sent me photos of my brake pads and rotors which were needing replacement and had the parts brought in and replaced upon my approval (saved me an extra trip!). All in all, the team at SSR Performance treated me right and I will be recommending anyone with a BMW who is looking for similar services, or any automotive services for that matter, to contact them immediately.

A safe and reliable 512 WHP / 576 WTQ on SSR's "heartbreaker dyno" with Cary Jordan's Custom Full E85 map. As you can see this was an increase in 96 HP / 138 TQ TO THE WHEELS!! This increase was with the only change being Stage 2 91 octane OTS vs Stage 2 Full E85 Cary Jordan map. I already know you're all thinking exactly what I was initially thinking, "Those numbers seem low." You have to realize that this reading was taken on a Mustang dyno (load based for best live tuning) and that these numbers with a Dynojet correction factor would be more in the region of 604 WHP / 633 WTQ. That Dynojet correction factor is based on multiple cars that have been tuned at SSR Performance and then gone to a dynojet for "glory numbers" and put down numbers in the region of +18%. Just in case you don't believe me, I also requested a dyno sheet for any exotic car that they have had on their dyno and they happened to have a baseline dyno sheet of a stock 2017 Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, which I have also included below for fun haha.

Upon initial drive, the power my F80 M3 put down was incomparable to anything that I had felt before and absolutely BRUTAL! Once the pedal is down lifting your head off the headrest is now out of the question. I have driven both the McLaren 570s and Lamborghini Huracan 580-2, yet I can confidently say that my car is the fastest car that I have ever been in. There are only two problems. Firstly, it's been almost a week and I still can't seem to control my right foot at every open road opportunity. Secondly, I can't seem to get rid of this smile. Hahahah. All jokes aside though, my next round of mods will definitely include a set of upgraded wheels and tires (not sure what setup yet, any suggestions are very welcome). Most importantly of all, I can now downshift without a single doubt on my mind. This car is better than the best version of my M3 I could have ever dreamt of.

The answer to the question is YES. The keyed crank hub upgrade and Cary Jordan E85 tune is 100% worth it in my option for anyone looking to make safe and reliable power in their M3 / M4. As far as power goes I will probably leave it at the level that it's at for a very long time (maybe forever). I hope this 15 minute read saves anyone who is in the market for safe and reliable power for their M3 / M4 the hours and hours of research that I had to do to get my M3 to its final form. If you've stuck around until now I'm very flattered and glad to know that this wasn't all in vain. Hahah. Thank you for reading!

- A.M.
Hi.

I have a shop in Tampa (reputable, but VERY far for me as i'm in WPB area).

Close friend of mine, whom i'm trust very much, opened up Boost Addictions (awesome shop, highly recommend) but didn't want to mess with my crank hub fix for obvious reasons.

I used to work at Redline (also a great shop, but techs have changed very much, so i'm open to others).

Might consider MPI (far drive) or Active Autowerke maybe?
      04-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #36
Laoschris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it worth it?

- A.M.
Hi.

I have a shop in Tampa (reputable, but VERY far for me as i'm in WPB area).

Close friend of mine, whom i'm trust very much, opened up Boost Addictions (awesome shop, highly recommend) but didn't want to mess with my crank hub fix for obvious reasons.

I used to work at Redline (also a great shop, but techs have changed very much, so i'm open to others).

Might consider MPI (far drive) or Active Autowerke maybe?
What's the place in Tampa? I'm in Sarasota, so this would be a lot closer for me.

I've gotten a quote from a place in Fort Meyers called Nur Performance, and another in Orlando called Precision Sport Industries. Heard of either?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #37
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
What's the place in Tampa? I'm in Sarasota, so this would be a lot closer for me.

I've gotten a quote from a place in Fort Meyers called Nur Performance, and another in Orlando called Precision Sport Industries. Heard of either?
Guys stop tagging these giant comments it’s unnecessary thx
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #38
SSR Performance
United_States
Rep

Full install vid we did in conjunction with Omar from Simply Car Things!

Appreciate 2
TopJimmy5445.00
      05-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #39
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Great video and I realized very quickly that I wouldnt want to do this (CHF)job. Very impressed with how careful and meticulous the tech was.
Appreciate 0