ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #375
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYTSOUT View Post
I'm on the fence between Xpel Prime XR 20% and 30% for my YMB F80 M3.

My BSM F30 came with tint, but it feels a bit too light...I'm guessing it may be 35%. And my CBM E46 M3 also came with tint, but it was so dark that I sometimes had to roll down my window to see around parking garages at night...I'm guessing maybe 15%? It's also possible that the tint installed on that one was crappy quality.

Anyway, the current tint guy recommended the Xpel Prime XR 20% and said that it was their top seller, but I'm a bit gun shy after the super dark E46. Has anyone had any issues with 20% (specifically Xpel Prime XR 20%)? Do you wish you'd gone lighter...or is it just fine at night?

Or is tint one of those things like boob jobs: go bigger (or in this case, darker) than you initially think you'll want because when ppl have regrets, it's almost invariably because they were too conservative from the get-go?
Quote:

My BSM F30 came with tint, but it feels a bit too light...I'm guessing it may be 35%. And my CBM E46 M3 also came with tint, but it was so dark that I sometimes had to roll down my window to see around parking garages at night...I'm guessing maybe 15%? It's also possible that the tint installed on that one was crappy quality.

Anyway, the current tint guy recommended the Xpel Prime XR 20% and said that it was their top seller, but I'm a bit gun shy after the super dark E46. Has anyone had any issues with 20% (specifically Xpel Prime XR 20%)? Do you wish you'd gone lighter...or is it just fine at night?

Or is tint one of those things like boob jobs: go bigger (or in this case, darker) than you initially think you'll want because when ppl have regrets, it's almost invariably because they were too conservative from the get-go?
I'd go 20, every single time I've ever tinted I wish I went darker. First got 35, then wanted 20. Have 20 now, now I want 5-15. For what it's worth, 35 vs 20 looking out isn't that big of a difference, but looking in its pretty noticeable. Just lower your window if you need to see lol, and ceramic tint usually is easier to see out than regular if you're getting ceramic.

My windshield is 50% ceramic and it was a horrible decision, I can still see in almost like there's no tint. Heat rejection is there but definitely would do 35 if I could go back.
Appreciate 1
LYTSOUT188.50
      09-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #376
LYTSOUT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 F30 xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I'd go 20, every single time I've ever tinted I wish I went darker. First got 35, then wanted 20. Have 20 now, now I want 5-15. For what it's worth, 35 vs 20 looking out isn't that big of a difference, but looking in its pretty noticeable. Just lower your window if you need to see lol, and ceramic tint usually is easier to see out than regular if you're getting ceramic.

My windshield is 50% ceramic and it was a horrible decision, I can still see in almost like there's no tint. Heat rejection is there but definitely would do 35 if I could go back.
Yep. I decided on 20 after looking at some cars in their shop that were 20, and they weren't too dark.

Btw, I drove my F30 to the shop today and had them measure the tint level. Turns out it's 40%. Hence why I always thought it seemed so damn light!
-PCA Instructor #201804533
-B58 F30, 6MT, M Sport, M Perf Exhaust, Dinan Springs, BM3 Stg 1
-My B58 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1981176
-My F80 Build Thread https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1757458
-My N55 F30 Build Thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1739248
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #377
jeepin29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1999 4Runner, 2022 X3M Comp

I got a quote for Llumar Pinnacle ceramic tint (35%) for all windows and rear glass (no film for the windshield or sunroof) for $455 for my M3.

From what I'm reading this sounds like a good price?
Appreciate 0