Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
keiridin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Replaced head lights now error codes

I posted this in the coding section but I'm not sure if this is a better place for this question.

I picked up a 2017 F82 with aftermarket lights that I replaced with these that I bought used. It seems there are many different light options that came with M4's throughout the years.

- Can you tell me if these are halogen, LED, or whatever other type of light these may be?
- I received the below error message after the light swap. I'm using Bimmercode where I also received the two Headlight Driver Module error messages. When going in to the setting, the only option is to restore from a backup which I don't have. Does anyone know what I need to code? I tried setting all options to off and LED under Front Electronic Module but that didn't help.
- Is there anything else that I need to do after swapping lights?
- What is adaptive headlights and how do I know if I have these?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #2
apirvali
Private
Rep
Drives: LRG F80 BMW M3CS

This looks like you just need to have them coded in the car. There’s a guy on here named Marius that’s a wizard at programming lights. I don’t remember his actual tag on here but I can give you his info. DM me if you need it
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I know when I replaced my head lights with Bayoptiks it was very clear in bold to make sure that the wheels were straight because if not you could break the adaptive modules and it would be a very expensive fix. Thats the error you would get but it could also be as simple as coding them in,
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
apirvali
Private
Rep
Drives: LRG F80 BMW M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
I know when I replaced my head lights with Bayoptiks it was very clear in bold to make sure that the wheels were straight because if not you could break the adaptive modules and it would be a very expensive fix. Thats the error you would get but it could also be as simple as coding them in,
Woah what...I installed my OEM ikons with wheels all kinds of angles. did they say what the reasoning was to have them straight?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
keiridin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Quote:
Did you have to code after the install? If so, what did you use and what settings did you change. I also agree with the other reply, it's a bit strange that the wheels needed to be straight.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
TRYM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirvali View Post
Quote:
Woah what...I installed my OEM ikons with wheels all kinds of angles. did they say what the reasoning was to have them straight?
Bayoptiks says by keeping the wheels turned it could possibly messes with the adaptive module. They put in huge big bold script on the instructions. I didn't have any issues but that definitely made me keep the wheels straight
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #7
TRYM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post
Quote:
Did you have to code after the install? If so, what did you use and what settings did you change. I also agree with the other reply, it's a bit strange that the wheels needed to be straight.
The only coding my bayoptiks needed was to turn off the amber turn signals for the switch back to work properly
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 09:51 PM   #8
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep
Drives: M4/M3/330

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apirvali View Post
Quote:
Bayoptiks says by keeping the wheels turned it could possibly messes with the adaptive module. They put in huge big bold script on the instructions. I didn't have any issues but that definitely made me keep the wheels straight
That is incorrect. Wheel position means nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post
I posted this in the coding section but I'm not sure if this is a better place for this question.

I picked up a 2017 F82 with aftermarket lights that I replaced with these that I bought used. It seems there are many different light options that came with M4's throughout the years.

- Can you tell me if these are halogen, LED, or whatever other type of light these may be?
- I received the below error message after the light swap. I'm using Bimmercode where I also received the two Headlight Driver Module error messages. When going in to the setting, the only option is to restore from a backup which I don't have. Does anyone know what I need to code? I tried setting all options to off and LED under Front Electronic Module but that didn't help.
- Is there anything else that I need to do after swapping lights?
- What is adaptive headlights and how do I know if I have these?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You just need both tms modules coded to the vehicle. Any coder can do this. It cannot be done via a phone/app
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #10
TRYM3
Captain
Rep

not sure why bayoptiks would emphasis it so many times if it were not important to keep the wheels straight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #11
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
not sure why bayoptiks would emphasis it so many times if it were not important to keep the wheels straight.
We help design the parts he uses and have 20 years experience. I think we are a little more informed

Lol @ costly to fix dynamic errors too. Yeah costly. 2 mins to reset and reprogram them.

The spreading of misinformation is rampant in these communities.

Anyway. No errors occur regardless of wheel positioning.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #12
TRYM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod_Emporium View Post
Quote:
We help design the parts he uses and have 20 years experience. I think we are a little more informed

Lol @ costly to fix dynamic errors too. Yeah costly. 2 mins to reset and reprogram them.

Your the best. No one knows head lights better than you. Your the man. Best in the bizzzzz
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #13
Steve B.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
The only coding my bayoptiks needed was to turn off the amber turn signals for the switch back to work properly
Did you just use Bimmercode to turn off the amber turn signals?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #14
TRYM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Quote:
Did you just use Bimmercode to turn off the amber turn signals?
Yup super easy
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #15
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod_Emporium View Post
Quote:

Your the best. No one knows head lights better than you. Your the man. Best in the bizzzzz
Thanks. That's why we supply everyone and design everything.

Coding the turn signal bulb requires you to goto expert mode in the FEM.

Front Electronic Module -

FEM_BODY 3063 MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_OUTPUT
Select OFF

FEM_BODY 3063 MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_OUTPUT
Select OFF

Then code.
Appreciate 0