R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
Tom B
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Apple CarPlay Stopped Working

Hello - I have a 2020 M4, CarPlay has worked fine from day one. This morning I started the car and everything was fine. Go out for lunch and no CarPlay. I'm getting a message that CarPlay is not available. Tried with a cord then bluetooth and get the same message. Restarted the car and phone a few times and same message.

Tried my phone in a different car and no problems.......... any ideas what to look for or try?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
lgiambalvo540
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 and 2003 540i

I had this issue too. I removed my phone from idrive. Rebooted the phone and then paired it again.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Tom B
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
Hello - I have a 2020 M4, CarPlay has worked fine from day one. This morning I started the car and everything was fine. Go out for lunch and no CarPlay. I'm getting a message that CarPlay is not available. Tried with a cord then bluetooth and get the same message. Restarted the car and phone a few times and same message.

Tried my phone in a different car and no problems.......... any ideas what to look for or try?

Thank you
My car could not find my phone at all this morning, either by bluetooth or via cable. I deleted the BMW bluetooth connection on my phone, disconnected the cable connection, then reconnected using the bluetooth and it reconnected successfully. Back in business.
Appreciate 0