Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

04-04-2016, 12:27 PM   #23
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW/SS M4

Update: So last Friday I was informed my car would need a new exhaust, but it was approved the same day by Geico. I stopped by RnR to confirm they got the approval so they could move ahead with ordering the parts.

I then asked to see my car and a nice gentleman named Chris took me across the street to see it (Rick is out of town this week). My M4 was outside, but it looked great! Paint match looked really good (something I was worried about since my car is mineral white). And they listened to me and made sure to get the M Performance black grills instead of the OEM chrome ones. They also painted my front reflectors per my request. The original exhaust was on the car, but hanging noticeably lower than it should have, but new exhaust is on the way.

After 4 weeks without my M4, it has been rough, but it was a great morale boost to see all the body work completed. Overall, I'm very happy with RnR. Target completion date is still set for 4/14.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:52 PM   #24
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

Awesome! Glad to hear they were able to match the paint. That's something I'm concerned about with my MW M3 also.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #25
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

How damaged is the axle back? Any chance I could take it off your hands? I want the electronic valve control on my E92...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #26
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
How damaged is the axle back? Any chance I could take it off your hands? I want the electronic valve control on my E92...
If you're serious, I can ask them...I don't think the valves are broken. I didn't look under the car but it must be some piping or hinges bent that make the muffler/tips point downward.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #27
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaWang
Quote:
If you're serious, I can ask them...I don't think the valves are broken. I didn't look under the car but it must be some piping or hinges bent that make the muffler/tips point downward.
I'm serious! Please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Chris from RnR called me yesterday after their business hours (around 430ish) to tell me the new exhaust is put on and everything looks good. He said I should be able to pick up my car on Monday!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #29
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Just picked up the car about 2 hours ago - very happy! I want to say the paint match is almost perfect...it is overcast today and looked good but I'll need to see it in direct sunlight as well. Have a dash cam waiting to be installed and will be following up for diminished value.

Thanks for all the advice and support, guys! Looking forward to the next meet
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #30
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Good to hear I would not settle for any less than what I received for DV. If needed, you can use my case to help support your claim. Since you suffered front and rear damage, I would expect you to be compensated more than I was.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 03:27 AM   #31
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I hope they did not drill the front bumper for the license plate

I am also not sure if you would qualify for a diminished value as you do not own the car. I would just plan on returning this one at the end of the lease. Of course make sure that you are not liable for any diminished value to BMWFS.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #32
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post

I am also not sure if you would qualify for a diminished value as you do not own the car. I would just plan on returning this one at the end of the lease. Of course make sure that you are not liable for any diminished value to BMWFS.
The shop actually reinstalled my STO N SHO bracket for the removal front plate. Both pieces weren't damaged and were able to be reused I thought they'd throw it away with the old bumper and I'd have to buy a new one.

As for diminished value, I was told that owning, leasing, or financing doesn't matter. I am very glad I leased though, so that I have the option to turn this car in and not have to deal with resale value.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #33
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post

Insurance does not care if you lease the car - at the end of the lease, you still have the option to buy the car outright, which means you would also be carrying over the effect of diminished value. Because of this, insurance must provide compensation.

A salesman at EBA told me how he leased an X3 and was rear-ended a few weeks later. He received so much in DV that he was able to use the money to cover his lease payments for 3 years, and more.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #34
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaWang View Post
Update: Just picked up the car about 2 hours ago - very happy! I want to say the paint match is almost perfect...it is overcast today and looked good but I'll need to see it in direct sunlight as well. Have a dash cam waiting to be installed and will be following up for diminished value.

Thanks for all the advice and support, guys! Looking forward to the next meet
How does the paint match look to you now that you've had the car back for awhile? I recently had them repaint the rear bumper on my MW M3. I think it came out just slightly darker than the rest of the car, but probably not really noticeable to anyone who wasn't aware it was repainted.

They vaccuumed out the car and shined up the wheels for me also, which was nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #35
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetkin View Post
How does the paint match look to you now that you've had the car back for awhile? I recently had them repaint the rear bumper on my MW M3. I think it came out just slightly darker than the rest of the car, but probably not really noticeable to anyone who wasn't aware it was repainted.

They vaccuumed out the car and shined up the wheels for me also, which was nice.
I'm still happy with the paint match. I'd say it's 95% match...really only noticeable if I'm looking for the difference between the panels in direct sunlight. Lately I've been more concerned with the gaps between the hood and the front fenders/bumper...I feel like they're 1-2mm bigger than they should be but I'm sure the dealer can adjust it for me next time I go in for service.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 01:08 AM   #36
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

If the gap is incorrect, take it back to RNR. They warranty their work.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #37
BMWCAT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E39, F90

RnR is the place to go, friend drove off the road hitting sidewalk breaking front axle and lots of body work.. Insurance estimated 8k to get it fixed, but RnR was helpful along the way, discovering more and more stuff to replace. (Also help fight for the stuff) the bill ended up being 17k... About 80% value of the car at that time.. But since the Insurnace company already paid pretty amount at the beginning, they agreed to proceed...
Great shop
      05-29-2016, 03:00 AM   #38
10bmw10
Private
Rep
Drives: Frozen Portimao Blue G80

Twitchy, can you pm me your info on Diminished value? Im going through it right now and any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #39
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bmw10
Twitchy, can you pm me your info on Diminished value? Im going through it right now and any help is appreciated!
I'd be happy to. Just PM me.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #40
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

So JiggaWang is the DV situation resolved?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #41
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Geico denied my claim because it's a lease, stating that the owner is BMW Financial and only they can claim DV for the car at any time, not me. I called BMW Financial and they basically said they didn't care as long as the car is returned in good shape. I'm working with a lawyer to go after Geico, but no update in weeks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #42
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaWang
Quote:
Geico denied my claim because it's a lease, stating that the owner is BMW Financial and only they can claim DV for the car at any time, not me. I called BMW Financial and they basically said they didn't care as long as the car is returned in good shape. I'm working with a lawyer to go after Geico, but no update in weeks.
How did they determine it was a lease? It shouldn't matter. Say you intend to buy the car at the end of the lease and therefore will take ownership of a car with diminished value...Connie didn't provide any advice?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 03:59 PM   #43
JiggaWang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How did they determine it was a lease? It shouldn't matter. Say you intend to buy the car at the end of the lease and therefore will take ownership of a car with diminished value...Connie didn't provide any advice?
They said they were able to look it up somehow...I definitely did not tell them. They said if I do intend to buy the car, I can file for DV at the end of the lease when I become the owner. Until then, BMW Financial is the owner of the car. Mike and Connie said it was complete BS, but they had never actually had an insurance company say that before, so they referred me to one of the lawyers they work with. That lawyer I'm working with also said it was odd to hear them say that, but they would still take my case because my lease agreement still holds me accountable for some damages. I have a contingency with the lawyer, so I'm letting them handle it.
Appreciate 0