Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

02-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #23
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafimahmoud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
I bought my Euro delivery M3 from BMW of Seattle in May of last year. MSRP on the car was $85,000. I paid $73,000. So they definitely deal. Just gotta talk to the right person.
Wow, that is a good deal. But I think you get 5% already off once you do the EU delivery, right?!

Another question, how much does the EU cost, to request, setup?
Correct, European delivery is cheaper. I don't think it's quite 5% though.

It doesn't cost anything to order the car for European Delivery. You do have to pay for the trip over out of pocket but there are no additional costs tacked on to the order.

If you lease the car, your money factor is slightly higher because bmw makes a payment for you while the car is shipped here. It all evens out though. European delivery was an awesome experience and well worth the wait.
I really wanted to do the whole EU last year when I got my car but BMW Dubai had no idea how to do it and basically told me it would cost a lot to do. They never do EU deliveries.

I don't mind spending the whatever I save on the trip. Again, as you rightly mentioned. It's not about saving. The experience is worth it.

MF and other terminologies still new to me. I'm trying to understand. One challenge with leasing will be my credit history. Which I don't have right now. But I was told, working for a big tech company might help. Not sure how true that is, will find out soon ?.

I built the same car I have now on the website, its around 93K. With estimated lease of 1200 something. I'm taking these numbers are reference points.

Will definitely connect with you to get more tips after I arrive.
Sure, anytime. Happy to help.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #24
pdx_m3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M2 G87 | 08 E90 | 16 F80

Quote:

MF and other terminologies still new to me. I'm trying to understand. One challenge with leasing will be my credit history. Which I don't have right now. But I was told, working for a big tech company might help. Not sure how true that is, will find out soon ?.
I previously lived in Bellevue and although I purchased a BMW at the Bellevue location before, they didn't have any allocations nor were they willing to sell below MSRP. I now live in Portland, OR and can attest to Kuni BMW in Beaverton (Mitch Allee), BMW of Portland (David Pad), and BMW of Salem. When I was in the market, allocations were nil, but some dealerships are more willing to negotiate than others. Persistence is the key. Keep trying until you find the right salesperson and dealership that is willing to negotiate.

In regards to your statement about your credit history, that scares me. Not sure how a large tech company will help you with personal credit. I suggest you read all the forums in regards to pricing, buying or leasing to help you with this. I followed everything and it certainly helped me save over 10% off MSRP.

Here's a link to the forums to start - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=504

Good luck with your journey!
2008 BMW M3 Saloon
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #25
gcar421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP Yas Marina Blue

Bellevue has pretty good easy to buy program for Microsoft employees. You should be able to get the price quickly if you e-mail from your work account.

Was not happy with the customer service from their dealership so we ended up making the drive to Portland and worked with Dave Krafsig. He gave us the best price with the least hassle and made it a very positive experience.

Highly recommend taking the train ride if you are looking to get the best deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 01:16 AM   #26
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcar421 View Post
Bellevue has pretty good easy to buy program for Microsoft employees. You should be able to get the price quickly if you e-mail from your work account.

Was not happy with the customer service from their dealership so we ended up making the drive to Portland and worked with Dave Krafsig. He gave us the best price with the least hassle and made it a very positive experience.

Yes, from what I read so far, I see that BMW Bellevue is not a favorite for sure.

will need to check the details on the Microsoft specific offer.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #27
Xerxes480
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I had a poor experience trying to deal with both Bellevue and Seattle. Neither were willing to do a Euro Delivery at the time - car had just come out and was in demand. Salem was the same - no ED.

I hooked up with BMW Northwest in Tacoma - smaller and family-owned - and they bent over backwards to make the experience as easy as possible. ED was no problem for them. Can't recommend them enough.

-X-
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #28
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes480 View Post
I had a poor experience trying to deal with both Bellevue and Seattle. Neither were willing to do a Euro Delivery at the time - car had just come out and was in demand. Salem was the same - no ED.

I hooked up with BMW Northwest in Tacoma - smaller and family-owned - and they bent over backwards to make the experience as easy as possible. ED was no problem for them. Can't recommend them enough.

-X-
I think it's pretty clear Bellevue is a no go.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #29
gxmech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I got mine through David Pad at BMW Portland also. Great experience, good price.

2017 Sakhir Orange M4, 6-speed manual, exec and lighting packages.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #30
Xerxes480
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear Bellevue is a no go.
Also, give BMW Northwest a shot!

Appreciate 1
      03-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #31
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I bought cars from all of them. It all depends on how you shop and who you friend.

Send me a message when you make it to Seattle and I would be happy to provide additional info.

I however would not recommend leasing to you as you will be new in US and will have no credit history. You sure can lease a car as a MS employee but that doesn't mean you will get good competitive rates.

As far as the comments about MS, Amazon & FB employees are concerned, most of them are not from Seattle (or the US for that matter) and they get taken advantage of dealerships most of the time, not bec they have a bag full of money.

You are clearly doing your homework and will get the car you want without getting ripped off.

Keep us posted.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2017, 01:18 AM   #32
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I bought cars from all of them. It all depends on how you shop and who you friend.

Send me a message when you make it to Seattle and I would be happy to provide additional info.

I however would not recommend leasing to you as you will be new in US and will have no credit history. You sure can lease a car as a MS employee but that doesn't mean you will get good competitive rates.

As far as the comments about MS, Amazon & FB employees are concerned, most of them are not from Seattle (or the US for that matter) and they get taken advantage of dealerships most of the time, not bec they have a bag full of money.

You are clearly doing your homework and will get the car you want without getting ripped off.

Keep us posted.
I have M4 here in Dubai and struggling to sell it at this point. I would prefer to lease and avoid the hassle, I prefer peace of mind .

I also know about the credit history, but again, if I don't get a reasonable deal, I will have to wait. I waited a whole year here in Dubai to get what I wanted. so, from the looks of it, I might have to do the same over there. I may end up having another small car to get buy till I can manage to get a good deal.

Generally speaking, I prefer to wait and get what I want
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #33
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
I second the support for BMW Seattle vs. Redmond. In fact, after driving a E90 for years and experiencing BMW Redmond's service experience - when it came time to buy my F83 I drove right past BMW Bellevue (15 minutes from where I live) in order to buy it at BMW Seattle. Seattle is the only dealership I deal with now.

On the vert question. I won't get into the whole what's better, blah blah blah discussion. You have a vert - you know the pros and cons.

But in terms of a vert in Seattle - I use it a ton. Pretty much all summer long (as our summers tend to be very dry). And there are a lot of days through the year that are warm and/or sunny enough to take the top down. With windows up and screen in place you can comfortably drive around in 45 degrees. I don't take it that far, but if its 55 and sunny - my top is down.

Plus - when you get a sunny day after several days of gloom - it's REALLY nice to pop the top and drive in the sun. I also like hearing the exhaust note completely unfiltered. In my car I have an MPE and have coded active sound off. Driving with the top down on Sport+ gives me an aggressive exhaust note experience that I find very immersive. I love mine personally.

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #34
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
I second the support for BMW Seattle vs. Redmond. In fact, after driving a E90 for years and experiencing BMW Redmond's service experience - when it came time to buy my F83 I drove right past BMW Bellevue (15 minutes from where I live) in order to buy it at BMW Seattle. Seattle is the only dealership I deal with now.

On the vert question. I won't get into the whole "what's better, blah blah blah discussion. You have a vert - you know the pros and cons.

But in terms of a vert in Seattle - I use it a ton. Pretty much all summer long (as our summers tend to be very dry). And there are a lot of days through the year that are warm and/or sunny enough to take the top down. With windows up and screen in place you can comfortably drive around in 45 degrees. I don't take it that far, but if its 55 and sunny - my top is down.

Plus - when you get a sunny day after several days of gloom - it's REALLY nice to pop the top and drive in the sun. I love mine personally.
I love the vert really. Dubai has the opposite extreme of Seattle I guess when it comes to weather. I can only enjoy the top down for a max of 4 months, maybe 5 but that's about it. At least in winter if it's not too cold you can still take the roof down. But with heat and humidity, it's out of question.

For me it's either the vert or the M3, i not much into the coupe.

One thing I also noticed that rear windows in coupe don't roll down which is something I do a lot in winter; rolling all windows down.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #35
mnikhil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Macan S

You could also search the classifieds for local/regional forum members that are looking to sell or get out of their lease.

Generally these are enthusiasts so the cars are pretty well maintained. Best part of about it is that all the negations have taken place and you just need to find a car that meets your specs & budget.
2015 m235i xDrive RETURNED / 2013 335i RETURNED / 2013 550i xDrive RIP / 2011 135i SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #36
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Can confirm that Seattle is a better dealership than Bellevue. Far better customer service, more inventory, nicer facility, etc.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2017, 12:58 AM   #37
Zomboss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Can confirm that Seattle is a better dealership than Bellevue. Far better customer service, more inventory, nicer facility, etc.
I recently shopped at Bellevue and Seattle and agree with the above. However, Bellevue gives very good corporate fleet incentive that Seattle can't match. Also, Bellevue was able to get me an allocation ahead of what Seattle was able to. So I placed my order with Bellevue, and I was satisfied with my overall delivery experience. Next time around, I will shop both again and will most certainly go with the better price.
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2017, 07:04 PM   #38
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

When I bought mine, Bellevue was willing to go several thousand under MSRP after first email contact and the best Tacoma or Seattle would do is 500. I think it depends on who you talk to. Seattle definitely has nicer facilities than Bellevue. I'll be shopping around more next time.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #39
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetkin View Post
When I bought mine, Bellevue was willing to go several thousand under MSRP after first email contact and the best Tacoma or Seattle would do is 500. I think it depends on who you talk to. Seattle definitely has nicer facilities than Bellevue. I'll be shopping around more next time.
I was just quoted by Bellevue, since I work @ Microsoft. they offered 4K off 87K MSRP for to order F83.

I was quoted a similar figure from Seattle.

I think with the corporate discount, it's not easy to get more savings. but not sure, will keep looking.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #40
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcar421 View Post

If not a Microsoft employee don't waste your time with Bellevue. Most arrogant dealership I've experienced anywhere including my years in NYC.

Go to Seattle. Better sales experience plus if you are even contemplating mods - Seattle is mod friendly (certain ones). Not so Bellevue.

Or perhaps Portland to your point - I have no experience there. But Seattle is very good and closer.

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #41
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
If not a Microsoft employee don't waste your time with Bellevue. Most arrogant dealership I've experienced anywhere including my years in NYC.

Go to Seattle. Better sales experience plus if you are even contemplating mods - Seattle is mod friendly (certain ones). Not so Bellevue.

Or perhaps Portland to your point - I have no experience there. But Seattle is very good and closer.
Yes, I got bigger discount from Bellevue compared to Seattle. in the end, it really didn't make that much of a difference on the lease itself.

I met with David Ly, he is a very nice guy in BMW Bellevue. the 1st time I went to the showroom, I met a guy who should not be selling BMWs anywhere; in fact he should not be selling anything at all. it was awful just talking to the guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 01:41 AM   #42
fackamato
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_R View Post
The Seattle dealership is much better than the Bellevue dealership - they also have a much bigger allocation than Bellevue and better customer service. The Bellevue dealership basically could care less, but the Seattle one was much more customer oriented. I ordered an M4 a little while ago, and then regretted not getting the full leather. This was after the car was in production. They canceled the order and were able to get another allocation almost right away. Since the first car had not shipped, they were probably able to swap it with another dealership. They didn't really want to be stuck with another manual transmission car so I was really happy that they were able to switch the order.
Verts are great in the PNW - summers are gorgeous for top down cruising. My M4 is just going to be a fun daily driver - my track car/weekend car is Shelby cobra replica - no roof - not even a ragtop and I've got 20k miles on it over the past 4 years.
I didn't read the whole thread yet, OP, but this was my experience as well. Bellevue does not care - Seattle knows customer service.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #43
BMWCAT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E39, F90

hanafimahmoud If you're going to BMW of Seattle hit up Karl! I've always work with him. And I believe he is also the guy that helped Howard_R getting another allocation haha (Yes I saw the car you originally ordered lol)
He is really nice, and an enthusiast himself (He has a heavily modded M4). Ordering my M2 through him!
On the side note though, David Pad @ BMW of Portland is super easy to deal with, and won't leave you hanging on price. Sometimes his number couldn't be beat nationwide (Hence the reason I got some of my friends into BMW last year...)
It's really up to you where you want to go. NEVER, go to BMW of bellevue unless.
a. You're carrying your badge with you and its visible upon entering the dealership
b. You personally knows a good sales there
c. You carried a clear suitcase of cash

Last edited by BMWCAT; 05-16-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #44
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCAT View Post
hanafimahmoud If you're going to BMW of Seattle hit up Karl! I've always work with him. And I believe he is also the guy that helped Howard_R getting another allocation haha (Yes I saw the car you originally ordered lol)
He is really nice, and an enthusiast himself (He has a heavily modded M4). Ordering my M2 through him!
On the side note though, David Pad @ BMW of Portland is super easy to deal with, and won't leave you hanging on price. Sometimes his number couldn't be beat nationwide (Hence the reason I got some of my friends into BMW last year...)
It's really up to you where you want to go. NEVER, go to BMW of bellevue unless.
a. You're carrying your badge with you and its visible upon entering the dealership
b. You personally knows a good sales there
c. You carried a clear suitcase of cash
I got quotes from both dealers Seattle and Bellevue. both applied corp discount off the MSRP. but the discount value at Bellevue was more than this of Seattle. but they were very similar

I will get in touch with Portland and see how is goes.
Appreciate 0