proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

05-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velon View Post
Oh Lups, you HAVE to play with me in the europe section as well!
Hey they have to give us our own part in this forum for that, by my calculations (whom I've seen acknowledge the Nordic colors), I have seen three of us here. We are being discriminated in a forum of 200.000 users!

Hey, I'll play, I have nothing but time!

Last edited by Lups; 05-10-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #24
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

wow, I wish the guys on the general forum would just stop arguing back and forth and start posting in their regional forums. So many useless posts polluting otherwise informative and interesting threads. Only on forums like this one you can find people complaining about a car that can do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.
      05-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #25
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
wow, I wish the guys on the general forum would just stop arguing back and forth and start posting in their regional forums. So many useless posts polluting otherwise informative and interesting threads. Only on forums like this one you can find people complaining about a car that can do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.
Go ones for a parental forum and then you know how messed up people really are. These guys are sane compared to that, that's why I registered after a month of reading this. Still, I agree about the fighting, it seems no one is willing to let others like what they want to like.

Sometimes I think people turn into neanderthals when cords are in the middle, it seems to give us the opportunity to act like punch on not well raised idiots, and stumping our foot is considered a method of arguing. And for ones, could someone write sorry, I was wrong?

But hey, we have our Northwest corner, let's keep this as a happy place, and only fight on tracks, and appreciate the loosing parties excuses, I for one have been making a list for a while, just not to run out of new ones!

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #26
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Speaking of tracks, here are couple of links:

Up-coming Puget Sound BMW CCA track days:

Changes to Puget Sound BMWCCA Driving Events

We might be lucky to catch the last track event of the season. But something to look forward to next year. I went to the driving clinic and performance driving class, and a drifting class loooong time ago. They were all a lot of fun.
      05-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #27
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Speaking of tracks, here are couple of links:

Up-coming Puget Sound BMW CCA track days:

Changes to Puget Sound BMWCCA Driving Events

We might be lucky to catch the last track event of the season. But something to look forward to next year. I went to the driving clinic and performance driving class, and a drifting class loooong time ago. They were all a lot of fun.
Could you start a whole new thread of links you recommend to us all to see and read? I find your words of wisdom something that should not get mixed up with idiotic, time wasting things i write, and I bet many of us could use your help in finding things. I sure as heck benefit from it often.

This way we would have a clean place from where get all the info needed.

Okay, that came out weirdly. What I tried to say is, that there are many of us who need you, so please give us all, and do it in a way they are easy to link to others. I think the shit I write should not mix with your sane and helpful way, and unfortunately I'm hopeless, so promising to keep it clear and clean will never happen. But don't worry, the mods will kick me out soon to spare you.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #28
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Done.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2#post15937162
      05-11-2014, 03:04 AM   #29
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I'm from Seattle but living in HI, though I can't play in your track days (or here either for that matter) NW peeps are my peeps. What's up with the year and half to own the car thing? Unless that's a personal ?, then I pre-apologize.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #30
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbination View Post
I'm from Seattle but living in HI, though I can't play in your track days (or here either for that matter) NW peeps are my peeps. What's up with the year and half to own the car thing? Unless that's a personal ?, then I pre-apologize.
Haha, then we move back to a country, where owning one of these has been made totally idiotic thing to do. I don't think I can justify all the taxes to take this back, so I really am against the clock here.

Hey, you must come here to visit the family, and if you need to run away from them (that is a feeling I know too well), you now have a source for getaway drivers. I'm up for the job too, since avoiding relatives is a great hobby of mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #31
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Haha, then we move back to a country, where owning one of these has been made totally idiotic thing to do. I don't think I can justify all the taxes to take this back, so I really am against the clock here.

Hey, you must come here to visit the family, and if you need to run away from them (that is a feeling I know too well), you now have a source for getaway drivers. I'm up for the job too, since avoiding relatives is a great hobby of mine.
Haha! Same here, I avoid family at all costs usually...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #32
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Haha! Same here, I avoid family at all costs usually...
I went trough my email (not the one I actually read, but the one I never check) recently, and I was shocked how many of them had invited themselves to a visit. Oh well, I'm running away. Many would say it's the cowards move, but I'm more than fine with it. They can play with the kids and tell them how they miss them, but I don't miss them, and I rarely play nice for the sake of image.

I think it great that so many of them still think they have any control over me, even after years and years of isolation. Well, they can stay at our house here, and do what they want, I'm thinking I invite myself to my friends cottage for a fishing trip, and just stay there then.

Reading this makes me just realize how not an actual adult I am.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #33
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Where was home before?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #34
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Where was home before?
Finland, and it's still home. this place is the way to getaway from the endless family. I complain about them a lot, but most of them are really great, absolutely wonderful. Too damn bad they don't want to visit
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #35
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
NW forum

Okay, I'm here now, too, after getting rid of the fam a couple hours ago (Mother's Day). Hopefully my car will be built in 4 weeks unless the "Conf. Prod." date become unconfirmed again, which would mean mid-July delivery, which would be perfect. Have 2 or 3 people interested in my E92 already, so should have that sold in advance. Cheers!

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #36
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Okay, I'm here now, too, after getting rid of the fam a couple hours ago (Mother's Day). Hopefully my car will be built in 4 weeks unless the "Conf. Prod." date become unconfirmed again, which would mean mid-July delivery, which would be perfect. Have 2 or 3 people interested in my E92 already, so should have that sold in advance. Cheers!
Oh Greg, great that we get you in our corner!

As for mothers day, my favorite boys at Starbucks remembered, the cashiers at QFC remembered, many of the people who I know here (not in real life) remembered, my friends remembered, the weird priusneighbor brought me flowers (wtf), the guy who drives me insane in the dogpark remembered, the cop that has pulled me over twice remembered and so on.

Now, the person who didn't remember, and who will have the shittiest week ahead of him and a month in the dog house (haven't told him that tough) is now happily reading his emails next to me, and the flipping reason why I got coffee from my favorite boys in the whole world (the cuties at starbucks).

Being a bitch with a plan sometimes is entertaining. I recommend it highly.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #37
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ouch! I wouldn't want to be him just now haha
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #38
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Great forum start for a new car! Hope to be here daily some day!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #39
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
Great forum start for a new car! Hope to be here daily some day!
I'm full of crap, the rest are normal, so don't be spooked. I don't think there is a rule that only the F8X people are allowed to ruin the good name of the Northwest, so please don't hold back.

Last edited by Lups; 05-12-2014 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #40
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Ouch! I wouldn't want to be him just now haha
I tend to take pride on my horrible personality, and fully employ it when necessary.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #41
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Checking in......

I decided to wait a bit and order the car in Jan so that I can have it by next summer.

Of course I will be doing a ED
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Checking in......

I decided to wait a bit and order the car in Jan so that I can have it by next summer.

Of course I will be doing a ED
Oh I have a great list of places to go, besides of Germany. Just don't ever tell me, if you go to them, I have a tendency for jealousy over Austria. But if you have extra time, there are so many things to see, and the memories are priceless.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #43
Velon
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M5 f90

Stockholm is one of em
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #44
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velon View Post
Stockholm is one of em
Sorry, who the hell is so twisted as needed to live so far up north?
Appreciate 0