INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #177
mxa121
Major
mxa121's Avatar
201
Rep
1,064
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
Well that was the most unconvincing win ever.

He liked the throttle response of the Merc but that has to be tempered by the prodigious torque he praised in the M4. He liked the steering better in the Merc but he must have been steered in that direction by it being equipped with God Save The Queen side steering. The M4 certainly looked much more nibble in his hands.

Meanwhile, he critiqued the Merc's crappy transmission, weight, seats, and interior. He complimented how light the M4 felt, how easy it was to drift, its brakes, chassis, how easy it was to place, that it was more efficient, its vastly superior DCT, smoother ride, and less tire noise.

I was amused by the fact that in spite of having 500 HP, that the Merc was a tick slower.

I came away from his review all the more convinced that I'd much rather have the M4. I agree with him about the sound to an extent, but it doesn't sound any better to me than a Mustang or Camero. A classic sound to be sure, but dated like he said repeatedly about the C63. The turbo M4 makes a new sound.

From the future.
I agree with you on this. It is a confusing and terribly subjective review.
I can't wait to see some real reviews, you know with lap times, city driving, numbers that we can use.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #178
IS3andME
Major
439
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: Lexus IS300
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post


You are one funny person. What reviews shall that be?
Undoubtedly the BMW is a whole different class of car. I could trash 2 Mustangs and still buy one more for the same price...
You do know that Ford had benchmarked the e92 M3 for the 2015 Mustang?
And there was a review I think Motortrend did with the e92 M3 and the Mustang GT. Also Ford had benchmarked the e92 M3 Comp Laguna Seca lap time for their Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca model.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #179
ake
Lieutenant
ake's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
481
Posts

Drives: 2015 YMB M3 F80
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl0ud7 View Post
Are they really that much different?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...m3_comparison/

The E92 barely won...Doubting the F8x m3/m4 will win if it can't beat out a c63.
Well, whatever review there is or might be, I just cannot be objective on that topic. It's my heritage that will never allow a Mustang get close to BMW... to any BMW actually. And I'm saying that actually driving a Mustang right now.
What I'm trying to say is that I think the overall experience cannot be compared. There are situations when I feel that the Mustang does not react as it should or as you would expect (okay, I donät have the best and high end version). And what really annoys me are the "cheap" interior look and feels - even the seats that are supposed to be leather, if I touch the right side of the driver's seat there is just cloth towards the console. There are some things that make me feel the difference between a BMW and "just another" Ford. No offense! I still get your point here.
__________________
2015 ///M3 F80
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]

Last edited by ake; 05-15-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #180
Quiet_Riot
No Longer on Here
Quiet_Riot's Avatar
No_Country
5479
Rep
6,190
Posts

Drives: Mercedes C63S
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

He complains about the throttle response on the M4 but I wonder what a re-map and tune could do for it... It would be interesting to see if a company like active autowerk ever got their hands on one..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 12:01 AM   #181
agentm
Private
agentm's Avatar
0
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: M3, X3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
I think I am a pretty good person to comment on this being I have owned both a 2013 M3 and a 2013 C63..

I had a 2013 M3 and totaled it. I know it doesn't look that bad from the pics, but the frame of the car was not straight and once that happens on a race car, it will never drive correct again. They set it on a laser jig and measured exactly. I was so upset being it only had a couple thousand miles on it.. just ended it's break in period and I had a little too much fun late at night. road was clear and it was late, no one in sight.. tried my hand at drifting around a round about and forgot traction was off as I had it in launch mode prior.. spun out through a couple light poles in the round about at around 2AM.

anyways, all the dealers were playing games and being they stopped production on the 2013 M3, no one would trade and everyone wanted above sticker from the couple that were left out there..




So I went with a Mercedes c63 coupe to hold me over as this was the closest thing to replace the M with performance wise..



First, let me start with saying that I was a Mercedes fan before I ordered this car. Having read and watched mostly all positive reviews, plus Jeremy Clarkson calling this car an "axe murderer with headlights" I was sold and ordered the car blind.

Mercedes service is terrible. There are rude and snotty people at every luxury car dealer, but the main point is, everything is Ā la carte with Mercedes. Comes with nothing. Not like bmw that covers oil brakes etc.. Mercedes charges you top dollar and gives you nothing. They are more money in every respect compared to a BMW.. More to insure, More $$ for registration by over 100 bucks.

For a quick example, after 1500 miles, Mercedes said it needed oil. took it to the dealer and they said its normal for these AMG engines to burn oil. I am not driving it hard enough to melt the seals the service guy said. Now if I drove the car any harder, I would kill myself... They charged me 100 bucks to top it off with oil and sent me on my way. You would think that would have been covered, But it wasn't. Oh yes, I put up a fight and got no where...

Not to mention, the failure Mercedes made to fix a couple other problems the car was having. Just bad service all the way around. I was told by a Mercedes salesmen that in Germany, Mercedes head is so big, they don't care what anyone else is doing with their cars because they think they are the best.

The Best? Well, I don't think so. The interior of the C63 in my opinion is very plain and dated.. Almost cheap feeling. No nice finishings or extra details aside from AMG badging in the seats. illuminated AMG door sills I paid a lot for.. The only thing and I mean the ONLY thing this car has going for it is the hand built engine. That I will say is good quality and sounds nice. It is not a 6.3 even tho they mark it as one.. false advertising I say as the engine is a 6.2L.

The c63 is amazing and fast in a straight line.. But so is a mustang 5.0 for a little more than quarter the price.

I was so disappointed from the day I drove off the lot with the c63..
The thing is, BMW gives you so much bang for your buck. Their attention to details far exceeds Mercedes. I am not speaking for all car models, I am simply comparing c63 to M3.

Mercedes c63 has a very uncomfortable ride for a daily driving car compared to the M3. I read that the c63 was better for daily driving and boy were they wrong.

You would think that Mercedes would even give you a rear slip diff standard and they don't.. they want to charge you for every single little thing.. The M3 2013 comes with carbon fiber trim.. Mercedes wants $2800 for carbon. My car came with UGLY wood trim that I had painted custom to black within a week of having the car. Mercedes lease turn in fee is $595 vs BMW's $350..

Not to mention, when Mercedes gets you in a lease, boy do they want to keep you there.. I have broken several leases in my day. This is the first time I have ever leased a car and the starting payoff of the car was not on the discounted price. They calculate the monthly payments based on the discounted price, BUT the payoff on the car the day you sign is for the full MSRP. There for it is next to impossible to get out of the car.

The handling of the C63 is not so great compared to a M3. Very heavy in the rear for the c63..

The trans is HORRIBLE in the C63... Mercedes calls is a "Multi Clutch" Gear box to once again, fool people. It is NOT a dual clutch. The c63 Multi clutch just means you have a wet startup clutch, that's it. There are no two clutches working together. The car is incredibly delayed on shifting and never listens. I kept thinking to myself "how can Mercedes still produce a car like this for this kind of price when everyone else has already switched to newer technology?" BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Lots of plastic on the interior, not much tech, Mercedes kept it very simple with this car. I read so many reviews and comments on forums of how much people love the c63. These people must have never personally owned a BMW because if they did, I feel they would never look back.

So I broke the lease, took a HUGE hit all so I can get into an M4 that is currently at port waiting to be shipped. I don't think I have ever been so unhappy with a performance car. I have had a few and this by far was my least favorite.

So when I watch this review above even though it was a 507 package c63 which only unlocks the engine, different shifter fabric, steering wheel fabric and a vented hood that is just for looks, this guy must be smoking crack to think it's better. with all the toys the M4 has... The c63 is only good for it's engine, has nothing else to offer. Any BMW M is such a well balanced car and not only drives around a track faster, but is quick in a straight line and performs everything very well, The M is the complete package. Who cares about straight line performance?

I would rather have a car that does everything really well, instead of one thing just great.

Really sorry to offend any benz fans out there. I truly think benz pays off many reviewers to bolster the review of their cars.. They are powerful enough to do so and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Call me crazy, but I feel the M3 I had was the most well rounded car I have ever had.
Jesus Christ! Somebody actually knows what i've been trying to say for the last 31 yrs!!!
__________________
2004 M3 Silver Gray / CSL Header and Cats / RE El Diablo Exhaust / Hotchkis Swaybar / KW v2 / RD Sport Rims 19' / Falken FK-452 tires / Reinforcement Kit / Smoke Corner / 50% Tinted / Painted Shadow Grille / Umnitza Halo light / Hanman Lip / CF Diffusor / Autosolution SSK 30% / Aluminum Foot Pedals / AA Shift knob / AA Sport Fan Clutch / 3.91 Diff
Active Auto HKS Gen 6 Level 1.5 S/C
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #182
IS3andME
Major
439
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: Lexus IS300
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
I think you're being a little harsh..

As stated, it was 2 AM on a Sunday and no cars in sight. Had a buddy stopped on the other sides exit as a look out. I was attempting to drift around the entire round about. Forgot launch control was engaged. It was an accident that I can afford to make... in the car by myself. Impact happened at lower speed.

What about the hundred's of people in the world with c63's that top their cars out at 170mph on open roads during the day? I feel I was responsible in my situation and the only person at risk was myself.

I wanted to let it rip in my m3 and so I did. Lesson learned and I will make sure my launch control is off when I do it in my M4.

Love when people take a good debate and start throwing personal jabs to help prove a mute point.

I had the c63 and it was heavy, cheap feeling, only impressive in a straight line. But that is just my opinion and said that several times.

Only tried to throw out some key points that benz gives you very little for the price they charge. That was the main point I was trying to prove. Who has best bang for the buck.
Dude, I don't know if you have drifted before, but usually one chooses a empty parking lot...especially if one is not that adept doing a certain task. And one certainly doesn't take a car like their personal M3 and do it around a around about. You yourself said that you "forgot" launch control was engaged. Drifting is about car control, and you lacked the necessary skill to control your car...and to make sure certain elements of the car, like launch control, were turned off.
You crashed due to your own negligence and or inexperience, and wrecked your car.
Who cares about those who are doing 170 in their C63s...they are just as negligent as you. Reckless is reckless. So, include yourself within that group. But, you wrecked you car, get a C63 AMG..when it seems like you should have gotten a 328i, and complain about that car---little complaints at that. 71 and 72 degrees, really? Now, I can understand the transmission. But, how do you drive? Well, we can guess using the drifting incident with the M3.

There is no debate. The real debate will come when the people who own these cars start posting later on.

You know on Jalopnik and other forums, they complain about BMW owners like you, that it seems that owning a BMW, specifically an M, seemingly gives people a license to become a perpetual Boy Racer. And there are many on this site who would not like this image.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #183
///FCB
First Lieutenant
///FCB's Avatar
23
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2012 GTR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: EU

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
You should consider supplementing your seeing and hearing with a base amount of reading in order avoid writing nonsense.
I read all there is to read about the new M3/M4
__________________
-2012 BMW 740D
-2012 Datsun GT-R
-2007 Mitsubishi Evo IX (sold)
-2010 BMW M3 E92 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 04:39 AM   #184
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Jay-K's Avatar
Indonesia
276
Rep
3,426
Posts

Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moved to LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
I think I am a pretty good person to comment on this being I have owned both a 2013 M3 and a 2013 C63..

I had a 2013 M3 and totaled it. I know it doesn't look that bad from the pics, but the frame of the car was not straight and once that happens on a race car, it will never drive correct again. They set it on a laser jig and measured exactly. I was so upset being it only had a couple thousand miles on it.. just ended it's break in period and I had a little too much fun late at night. road was clear and it was late, no one in sight.. tried my hand at drifting around a round about and forgot traction was off as I had it in launch mode prior.. spun out through a couple light poles in the round about at around 2AM.

anyways, all the dealers were playing games and being they stopped production on the 2013 M3, no one would trade and everyone wanted above sticker from the couple that were left out there..




So I went with a Mercedes c63 coupe to hold me over as this was the closest thing to replace the M with performance wise..



First, let me start with saying that I was a Mercedes fan before I ordered this car. Having read and watched mostly all positive reviews, plus Jeremy Clarkson calling this car an "axe murderer with headlights" I was sold and ordered the car blind.

Mercedes service is terrible. There are rude and snotty people at every luxury car dealer, but the main point is, everything is Ā la carte with Mercedes. Comes with nothing. Not like bmw that covers oil brakes etc.. Mercedes charges you top dollar and gives you nothing. They are more money in every respect compared to a BMW.. More to insure, More $$ for registration by over 100 bucks.

For a quick example, after 1500 miles, Mercedes said it needed oil. took it to the dealer and they said its normal for these AMG engines to burn oil. I am not driving it hard enough to melt the seals the service guy said. Now if I drove the car any harder, I would kill myself... They charged me 100 bucks to top it off with oil and sent me on my way. You would think that would have been covered, But it wasn't. Oh yes, I put up a fight and got no where...

Not to mention, the failure Mercedes made to fix a couple other problems the car was having. Just bad service all the way around. I was told by a Mercedes salesmen that in Germany, Mercedes head is so big, they don't care what anyone else is doing with their cars because they think they are the best.

The Best? Well, I don't think so. The interior of the C63 in my opinion is very plain and dated.. Almost cheap feeling. No nice finishings or extra details aside from AMG badging in the seats. illuminated AMG door sills I paid a lot for.. The only thing and I mean the ONLY thing this car has going for it is the hand built engine. That I will say is good quality and sounds nice. It is not a 6.3 even tho they mark it as one.. false advertising I say as the engine is a 6.2L.

The c63 is amazing and fast in a straight line.. But so is a mustang 5.0 for a little more than quarter the price.

I was so disappointed from the day I drove off the lot with the c63..
The thing is, BMW gives you so much bang for your buck. Their attention to details far exceeds Mercedes. I am not speaking for all car models, I am simply comparing c63 to M3.

Mercedes c63 has a very uncomfortable ride for a daily driving car compared to the M3. I read that the c63 was better for daily driving and boy were they wrong.

You would think that Mercedes would even give you a rear slip diff standard and they don't.. they want to charge you for every single little thing.. The M3 2013 comes with carbon fiber trim.. Mercedes wants $2800 for carbon. My car came with UGLY wood trim that I had painted custom to black within a week of having the car. Mercedes lease turn in fee is $595 vs BMW's $350..

Not to mention, when Mercedes gets you in a lease, boy do they want to keep you there.. I have broken several leases in my day. This is the first time I have ever leased a car and the starting payoff of the car was not on the discounted price. They calculate the monthly payments based on the discounted price, BUT the payoff on the car the day you sign is for the full MSRP. There for it is next to impossible to get out of the car.

The handling of the C63 is not so great compared to a M3. Very heavy in the rear for the c63..

The trans is HORRIBLE in the C63... Mercedes calls is a "Multi Clutch" Gear box to once again, fool people. It is NOT a dual clutch. The c63 Multi clutch just means you have a wet startup clutch, that's it. There are no two clutches working together. The car is incredibly delayed on shifting and never listens. I kept thinking to myself "how can Mercedes still produce a car like this for this kind of price when everyone else has already switched to newer technology?" BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Lots of plastic on the interior, not much tech, Mercedes kept it very simple with this car. I read so many reviews and comments on forums of how much people love the c63. These people must have never personally owned a BMW because if they did, I feel they would never look back.

So I broke the lease, took a HUGE hit all so I can get into an M4 that is currently at port waiting to be shipped. I don't think I have ever been so unhappy with a performance car. I have had a few and this by far was my least favorite.

So when I watch this review above even though it was a 507 package c63 which only unlocks the engine, different shifter fabric, steering wheel fabric and a vented hood that is just for looks, this guy must be smoking crack to think it's better. with all the toys the M4 has... The c63 is only good for it's engine, has nothing else to offer. Any BMW M is such a well balanced car and not only drives around a track faster, but is quick in a straight line and performs everything very well, The M is the complete package. Who cares about straight line performance?

I would rather have a car that does everything really well, instead of one thing just great.

Really sorry to offend any benz fans out there. I truly think benz pays off many reviewers to bolster the review of their cars.. They are powerful enough to do so and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Call me crazy, but I feel the M3 I had was the most well rounded car I have ever had.
nice , thanks for sharing,
hope everything works out for you!
__________________
"Well, there's a straight-six engine at the front, a manual gearbox in the middle and drive goes to the back. That's Page 1, Chapter 1 from the petrosexual handbook" - JC
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #185
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
georgere's Avatar
United_States
476
Rep
1,776
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 BSM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Yes you're definitely in the minority in regards to the sound of the AMG

I'm really curious why so many folks on here are so eager to defend BMW? My thinking (and I suspect a few auto journalists like Sutcliffe's thinking) is that the less enthusiam we show and the less we settle for the changes BMW is imposing on us, the more likely BMW will build a better car (competition version can't come soon enough). Today more so than ever consumers can shape the direction of a brand.

And let's not use regulations and emissions as a scapegoat because every other OEM has to play by the same rules and in fact the true measure is how OEMs adapt to the new rules while still keeping its core DNA.

Nobody is saying BMW didn't build a great car, what some are questioning is did they build the best car they could build? Still inconclusive of course.
I couldnt agree more. BMW has softened all their cars to the point that they lose every shootout to frikkin audi which is the worst of the 3 imo, all their cars are based on Front Wheel Drive VW architecture. The S5 which is 6 years old trounced the 435M Sport recently. The fact that he likes the C63 507 better and its 6 years old about to be replaced says a lot IMO. The M3/M4 are disappointing to me at least. They just dont feel that special. Out of curiosity i built and optioned a 435 M sport with typical discounts and you can lease for high 500's....The M4 is mid-high 1000's...I just don't see how the M4 is double the price its not a 100% better car....The looks are disappointing as well, again just doesnt look that special
+1
__________________
My 1st love was 2006 BMW 325i Sport + Prem 6MT but I married the 2016 M3 BSM MDCT.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #186
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
georgere's Avatar
United_States
476
Rep
1,776
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 BSM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula
I think I am a pretty good person to comment on this being I have owned both a 2013 M3 and a 2013 C63..

I had a 2013 M3 and totaled it. I know it doesn't look that bad from the pics, but the frame of the car was not straight and once that happens on a race car, it will never drive correct again. They set it on a laser jig and measured exactly. I was so upset being it only had a couple thousand miles on it.. just ended it's break in period and I had a little too much fun late at night. road was clear and it was late, no one in sight.. tried my hand at drifting around a round about and forgot traction was off as I had it in launch mode prior.. spun out through a couple light poles in the round about at around 2AM.

anyways, all the dealers were playing games and being they stopped production on the 2013 M3, no one would trade and everyone wanted above sticker from the couple that were left out there..




So I went with a Mercedes c63 coupe to hold me over as this was the closest thing to replace the M with performance wise..



First, let me start with saying that I was a Mercedes fan before I ordered this car. Having read and watched mostly all positive reviews, plus Jeremy Clarkson calling this car an "axe murderer with headlights" I was sold and ordered the car blind.

Mercedes service is terrible. There are rude and snotty people at every luxury car dealer, but the main point is, everything is la carte with Mercedes. Comes with nothing. Not like bmw that covers oil brakes etc.. Mercedes charges you top dollar and gives you nothing. They are more money in every respect compared to a BMW.. More to insure, More $$ for registration by over 100 bucks.

For a quick example, after 1500 miles, Mercedes said it needed oil. took it to the dealer and they said its normal for these AMG engines to burn oil. I am not driving it hard enough to melt the seals the service guy said. Now if I drove the car any harder, I would kill myself... They charged me 100 bucks to top it off with oil and sent me on my way. You would think that would have been covered, But it wasn't. Oh yes, I put up a fight and got no where...

Not to mention, the failure Mercedes made to fix a couple other problems the car was having. Just bad service all the way around. I was told by a Mercedes salesmen that in Germany, Mercedes head is so big, they don't care what anyone else is doing with their cars because they think they are the best.

The Best? Well, I don't think so. The interior of the C63 in my opinion is very plain and dated.. Almost cheap feeling. No nice finishings or extra details aside from AMG badging in the seats. illuminated AMG door sills I paid a lot for.. The only thing and I mean the ONLY thing this car has going for it is the hand built engine. That I will say is good quality and sounds nice. It is not a 6.3 even tho they mark it as one.. false advertising I say as the engine is a 6.2L.

The c63 is amazing and fast in a straight line.. But so is a mustang 5.0 for a little more than quarter the price.

I was so disappointed from the day I drove off the lot with the c63..
The thing is, BMW gives you so much bang for your buck. Their attention to details far exceeds Mercedes. I am not speaking for all car models, I am simply comparing c63 to M3.

Mercedes c63 has a very uncomfortable ride for a daily driving car compared to the M3. I read that the c63 was better for daily driving and boy were they wrong.

You would think that Mercedes would even give you a rear slip diff standard and they don't.. they want to charge you for every single little thing.. The M3 2013 comes with carbon fiber trim.. Mercedes wants $2800 for carbon. My car came with UGLY wood trim that I had painted custom to black within a week of having the car. Mercedes lease turn in fee is $595 vs BMW's $350..

Not to mention, when Mercedes gets you in a lease, boy do they want to keep you there.. I have broken several leases in my day. This is the first time I have ever leased a car and the starting payoff of the car was not on the discounted price. They calculate the monthly payments based on the discounted price, BUT the payoff on the car the day you sign is for the full MSRP. There for it is next to impossible to get out of the car.

The handling of the C63 is not so great compared to a M3. Very heavy in the rear for the c63..

The trans is HORRIBLE in the C63... Mercedes calls is a "Multi Clutch" Gear box to once again, fool people. It is NOT a dual clutch. The c63 Multi clutch just means you have a wet startup clutch, that's it. There are no two clutches working together. The car is incredibly delayed on shifting and never listens. I kept thinking to myself "how can Mercedes still produce a car like this for this kind of price when everyone else has already switched to newer technology?" BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Lots of plastic on the interior, not much tech, Mercedes kept it very simple with this car. I read so many reviews and comments on forums of how much people love the c63. These people must have never personally owned a BMW because if they did, I feel they would never look back.

So I broke the lease, took a HUGE hit all so I can get into an M4 that is currently at port waiting to be shipped. I don't think I have ever been so unhappy with a performance car. I have had a few and this by far was my least favorite.

So when I watch this review above even though it was a 507 package c63 which only unlocks the engine, different shifter fabric, steering wheel fabric and a vented hood that is just for looks, this guy must be smoking crack to think it's better. with all the toys the M4 has... The c63 is only good for it's engine, has nothing else to offer. Any BMW M is such a well balanced car and not only drives around a track faster, but is quick in a straight line and performs everything very well, The M is the complete package. Who cares about straight line performance?

I would rather have a car that does everything really well, instead of one thing just great.

Really sorry to offend any benz fans out there. I truly think benz pays off many reviewers to bolster the review of their cars.. They are powerful enough to do so and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Call me crazy, but I feel the M3 I had was the most well rounded car I have ever had.
Haha, you must be paid by BMW for posting this review
__________________
My 1st love was 2006 BMW 325i Sport + Prem 6MT but I married the 2016 M3 BSM MDCT.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #187
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Fr1zGum's Avatar
Russian Federation
5
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Haha, you must be paid by BMW for posting this review
+1
If he didn't mention any words like "Benz"; "C63"; "AMG", I would think that he's commenting on some Honda Civic. Because, according to this kind of review, C63 is considered to be the worst car on the market among its rivals and overall...if it's true, I'm thanking God that I didn't get C63 and placed M4 order.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #188
dondula
First Lieutenant
50
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 2015 m4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: driving

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Dude, I don't know if you have drifted before, but usually one chooses a empty parking lot...especially if one is not that adept doing a certain task. And one certainly doesn't take a car like their personal M3 and do it around a around about. You yourself said that you "forgot" launch control was engaged. Drifting is about car control, and you lacked the necessary skill to control your car...and to make sure certain elements of the car, like launch control, were turned off.
You crashed due to your own negligence and or inexperience, and wrecked your car.
Who cares about those who are doing 170 in their C63s...they are just as negligent as you. Reckless is reckless. So, include yourself within that group. But, you wrecked you car, get a C63 AMG..when it seems like you should have gotten a 328i, and complain about that car---little complaints at that. 71 and 72 degrees, really? Now, I can understand the transmission. But, how do you drive? Well, we can guess using the drifting incident with the M3.

There is no debate. The real debate will come when the people who own these cars start posting later on.

You know on Jalopnik and other forums, they complain about BMW owners like you, that it seems that owning a BMW, specifically an M, seemingly gives people a license to become a perpetual Boy Racer. And there are many on this site who would not like this image.
You don't know a lick of what you're talking about because A: you were not there B: you have no idea how many times I have "drifted" before C: you have no idea how tight the lane was that I was attempting to drift in.

Race care drivers crash all the time, but I guess they are "Boy racers to"

Thing's happen any time you try to push your cars limits..

I knew the risk and the tight space I was about to do it in...

I guy like you would crash into someone while texting... Talk about irresponsible..
How can I make that assumption about you? Because you're making the same ridiculous assumptions about me. You do not know me.

Why should I have gotten a 328i? because "you" say so? I would never get a 328i because it's not my cup of tea.

Incase you don't know how to read very well. The temperature was ONE OF MANY genuine complaints I had which I do not care to repeat.

Don't speak on a situation that you were not there for and know nothing about because in the end, you sound ridiculous and only making assumptions and speculations.

My M3 was an attempted drift and failed due to a number of reasons. It was on an empty road, no one's life was put in harms way except for my own and at the lower speed I was going, I would have walked away no matter what. It happens, people crash, race car drivers make mistakes, I make mistakes, human nature, but I guess you cannot understand that.



72k for my c63 and that got me FAKE leather "MB TEXT" interior, ugly brown wood trim that I had to pay $$ to get painted, Nav, and that's it. No other toys no other bells and whistles. I excepted the car because that was the closest thing my dealer could find to what I wanted color wise that they could trade and get in for me quickly.

interior isn't the worst in the world but That is all FAKE leather you're looking at and PLASTIC. Everything is very basic. The trim I had painted black which improved the interior by 80%.


spend 72k with BMW and you can bet you will get more than fake leather interior and more toys other than Nav.

Many people agreed with what I had to say and a couple didn't. Consider yourself in the minority then and move on.

Last edited by dondula; 05-16-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #189
Smooth 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Smooth 330i's Avatar
322
Rep
1,672
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Dude, I don't know if you have drifted before, but usually one chooses a empty parking lot...especially if one is not that adept doing a certain task. And one certainly doesn't take a car like their personal M3 and do it around a around about. You yourself said that you "forgot" launch control was engaged. Drifting is about car control, and you lacked the necessary skill to control your car...and to make sure certain elements of the car, like launch control, were turned off.
You crashed due to your own negligence and or inexperience, and wrecked your car.
Who cares about those who are doing 170 in their C63s...they are just as negligent as you. Reckless is reckless. So, include yourself within that group. But, you wrecked you car, get a C63 AMG..when it seems like you should have gotten a 328i, and complain about that car---little complaints at that. 71 and 72 degrees, really? Now, I can understand the transmission. But, how do you drive? Well, we can guess using the drifting incident with the M3.

There is no debate. The real debate will come when the people who own these cars start posting later on.

You know on Jalopnik and other forums, they complain about BMW owners like you, that it seems that owning a BMW, specifically an M, seemingly gives people a license to become a perpetual Boy Racer. And there are many on this site who would not like this image.
You don't know a lick of what you're talking about because A: you were not there B: you have no idea how many times I have "drifted" before C: you have no idea how tight the lane was that I was attempting to drift in.

Race care drivers crash all the time, but I guess they are "Boy racers to"

Thing's happen any time you try to push your cars limits..

I knew the risk and the tight space I was about to do it in...

I guy like you would crash into someone while texting... Talk about irresponsible..
How can I make that assumption about you? Because you're making the same ridiculous assumptions about me. You do not know me.

Why should I have gotten a 328i? because "you" say so? I would never get a 328i because it's not my cup of tea.

Incase you don't know how to read very well. The temperature was ONE OF MANY genuine complaints I had which I do not care to repeat.

Don't speak on a situation that you were not there for and know nothing about because in the end, you sound ridiculous and only making assumptions and speculations.

My M3 was an attempted drift and failed due to a number of reasons. It was on an empty road, no one's life was put in harms way except for my own and at the lower speed I was going, I would have walked away no matter what. It happens, people crash, race car drivers make mistakes, I make mistakes, human nature, but I guess you cannot understand that.



72k for my c63 and that got me FAKE leather "MB TEXT" interior, ugly brown wood trim that I had to pay $$ to get painted, Nav, and that's it. No other toys no other bells and whistles. I excepted the car because that was the closest thing my dealer could find to what I wanted color wise that they could trade and get in for me quickly.

interior isn't the worst in the world but That is all FAKE leather you're looking at and PLASTIC. Everything is very basic. The trim I had painted black which improved the interior by 80%.


spend 72k with BMW and you can bet you will get more than fake leather interior and more toys other than Nav.

Many people agreed with what I had to say and a couple didn't. Consider yourself in the minority then and move on.
Most of us have life changing experiences as we mature so I understand your position. Fortunately nobody was hurt and cars come and go. I am wondering if you checked out P cars and why you selected MB instead? Is it power, brand, price?

GL
__________________

TC Kline D/A | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve | Stoptech BBK | M3 Bits | Turner | Braile | Supersprint | Recaro | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | APEX | Ground Control |
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #190
m3ct
First Lieutenant
United_States
24
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3, 2014 Jeep Sahara Unl
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Speedometer view of m4 vs c63. Pretty cool!

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #191
dondula
First Lieutenant
50
Rep
320
Posts

Drives: 2015 m4
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: driving

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Most of us have life changing experiences as we mature so I understand your position. Fortunately nobody was hurt and cars come and go. I am wondering if you checked out P cars and why you selected MB instead? Is it power, brand, price?

GL
Thank's for the kind words. I chose Mercedes because I have never owned one. I read a lot of positive reviews, so I trusted those reviews and ordered the car and paid for it blind.

I was wrong.

In the past 3 years, I have gone from an Audi tts to lexus ISF to bmw M3 to Mercedes c63

I had never owned a bmw before my M3 either. I was blown away by service and quality. I did not feel the same about MB after that fact and won't being going back to MB. But I am glad I tried out the c63 so at least I learned what I do like and don't like about certain brands.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #192
IS3andME
Major
439
Rep
1,156
Posts

Drives: Lexus IS300
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
You don't know a lick of what you're talking about because A: you were not there B: you have no idea how many times I have "drifted" before C: you have no idea how tight the lane was that I was attempting to drift in.

Race care drivers crash all the time, but I guess they are "Boy racers to"

Thing's happen any time you try to push your cars limits..

I knew the risk and the tight space I was about to do it in...

I guy like you would crash into someone while texting... Talk about irresponsible..
How can I make that assumption about you? Because you're making the same ridiculous assumptions about me. You do not know me.

Why should I have gotten a 328i? because "you" say so? I would never get a 328i because it's not my cup of tea.

Incase you don't know how to read very well. The temperature was ONE OF MANY genuine complaints I had which I do not care to repeat.

Don't speak on a situation that you were not there for and know nothing about because in the end, you sound ridiculous and only making assumptions and speculations.

My M3 was an attempted drift and failed due to a number of reasons. It was on an empty road, no one's life was put in harms way except for my own and at the lower speed I was going, I would have walked away no matter what. It happens, people crash, race car drivers make mistakes, I make mistakes, human nature, but I guess you cannot understand that.



72k for my c63 and that got me FAKE leather "MB TEXT" interior, ugly brown wood trim that I had to pay $$ to get painted, Nav, and that's it. No other toys no other bells and whistles. I excepted the car because that was the closest thing my dealer could find to what I wanted color wise that they could trade and get in for me quickly.

interior isn't the worst in the world but That is all FAKE leather you're looking at and PLASTIC. Everything is very basic. The trim I had painted black which improved the interior by 80%.


spend 72k with BMW and you can bet you will get more than fake leather interior and more toys other than Nav.

Many people agreed with what I had to say and a couple didn't. Consider yourself in the minority then and move on.
Dude you could have killed yourself. If you knew what you were doing, take it to a parking lot. You just want to justify your actions.
Like using race car drivers as examples. Are you one?


Also, didn't you say that you got the Mercedes because you needed a car and that they had that at the time? Yet you paid for it. You sat in it, and you drove it off the lot, so why complain about 72k for fake leather. i don't get it.

You see, I deal with these issues---guys who drift at night and wreck their cars, or wreck others property...and have this ho-hum attitude.

As far as the gripes, you had very minor ones. Like a woman I know who has a complaint about her GT-R's tires and interior...a car she didn't pay for.

Yes, we all make mistakes, but i've personally have seen mistakes like yours, and the person was dead. And that's where I'm coming from.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #193
4er_Meister
Private First Class
4er_Meister's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: S.I NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared
Agreed. This is the video I've been trying to find on YouTube.

The engine in the AMG is sweet beyond belief. I'm not crazy about that rough exhaust note that a lot of the AMGs possess though (I know I'm definitely in the minority).
I agree, it's too mainstream lol Typical big 8 bassy sound... Been over that since the foxbody mustangs!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #194
4er_Meister
Private First Class
4er_Meister's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: S.I NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula
I think I am a pretty good person to comment on this being I have owned both a 2013 M3 and a 2013 C63..

I had a 2013 M3 and totaled it. I know it doesn't look that bad from the pics, but the frame of the car was not straight and once that happens on a race car, it will never drive correct again. They set it on a laser jig and measured exactly. I was so upset being it only had a couple thousand miles on it.. just ended it's break in period and I had a little too much fun late at night. road was clear and it was late, no one in sight.. tried my hand at drifting around a round about and forgot traction was off as I had it in launch mode prior.. spun out through a couple light poles in the round about at around 2AM.

anyways, all the dealers were playing games and being they stopped production on the 2013 M3, no one would trade and everyone wanted above sticker from the couple that were left out there..




So I went with a Mercedes c63 coupe to hold me over as this was the closest thing to replace the M with performance wise..



First, let me start with saying that I was a Mercedes fan before I ordered this car. Having read and watched mostly all positive reviews, plus Jeremy Clarkson calling this car an "axe murderer with headlights" I was sold and ordered the car blind.

Mercedes service is terrible. There are rude and snotty people at every luxury car dealer, but the main point is, everything is la carte with Mercedes. Comes with nothing. Not like bmw that covers oil brakes etc.. Mercedes charges you top dollar and gives you nothing. They are more money in every respect compared to a BMW.. More to insure, More $$ for registration by over 100 bucks.

For a quick example, after 1500 miles, Mercedes said it needed oil. took it to the dealer and they said its normal for these AMG engines to burn oil. I am not driving it hard enough to melt the seals the service guy said. Now if I drove the car any harder, I would kill myself... They charged me 100 bucks to top it off with oil and sent me on my way. You would think that would have been covered, But it wasn't. Oh yes, I put up a fight and got no where...

Not to mention, the failure Mercedes made to fix a couple other problems the car was having. Just bad service all the way around. I was told by a Mercedes salesmen that in Germany, Mercedes head is so big, they don't care what anyone else is doing with their cars because they think they are the best.

The Best? Well, I don't think so. The interior of the C63 in my opinion is very plain and dated.. Almost cheap feeling. No nice finishings or extra details aside from AMG badging in the seats. illuminated AMG door sills I paid a lot for.. The only thing and I mean the ONLY thing this car has going for it is the hand built engine. That I will say is good quality and sounds nice. It is not a 6.3 even tho they mark it as one.. false advertising I say as the engine is a 6.2L.

The c63 is amazing and fast in a straight line.. But so is a mustang 5.0 for a little more than quarter the price.

I was so disappointed from the day I drove off the lot with the c63..
The thing is, BMW gives you so much bang for your buck. Their attention to details far exceeds Mercedes. I am not speaking for all car models, I am simply comparing c63 to M3.

Mercedes c63 has a very uncomfortable ride for a daily driving car compared to the M3. I read that the c63 was better for daily driving and boy were they wrong.

You would think that Mercedes would even give you a rear slip diff standard and they don't.. they want to charge you for every single little thing.. The M3 2013 comes with carbon fiber trim.. Mercedes wants $2800 for carbon. My car came with UGLY wood trim that I had painted custom to black within a week of having the car. Mercedes lease turn in fee is $595 vs BMW's $350..

Not to mention, when Mercedes gets you in a lease, boy do they want to keep you there.. I have broken several leases in my day. This is the first time I have ever leased a car and the starting payoff of the car was not on the discounted price. They calculate the monthly payments based on the discounted price, BUT the payoff on the car the day you sign is for the full MSRP. There for it is next to impossible to get out of the car.

The handling of the C63 is not so great compared to a M3. Very heavy in the rear for the c63..

The trans is HORRIBLE in the C63... Mercedes calls is a "Multi Clutch" Gear box to once again, fool people. It is NOT a dual clutch. The c63 Multi clutch just means you have a wet startup clutch, that's it. There are no two clutches working together. The car is incredibly delayed on shifting and never listens. I kept thinking to myself "how can Mercedes still produce a car like this for this kind of price when everyone else has already switched to newer technology?" BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Lots of plastic on the interior, not much tech, Mercedes kept it very simple with this car. I read so many reviews and comments on forums of how much people love the c63. These people must have never personally owned a BMW because if they did, I feel they would never look back.

So I broke the lease, took a HUGE hit all so I can get into an M4 that is currently at port waiting to be shipped. I don't think I have ever been so unhappy with a performance car. I have had a few and this by far was my least favorite.

So when I watch this review above even though it was a 507 package c63 which only unlocks the engine, different shifter fabric, steering wheel fabric and a vented hood that is just for looks, this guy must be smoking crack to think it's better. with all the toys the M4 has... The c63 is only good for it's engine, has nothing else to offer. Any BMW M is such a well balanced car and not only drives around a track faster, but is quick in a straight line and performs everything very well, The M is the complete package. Who cares about straight line performance?

I would rather have a car that does everything really well, instead of one thing just great.

Really sorry to offend any benz fans out there. I truly think benz pays off many reviewers to bolster the review of their cars.. They are powerful enough to do so and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Call me crazy, but I feel the M3 I had was the most well rounded car I have ever had.
Haha, you must be paid by BMW for posting this review
I think he's 150% correct and on point!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #195
4er_Meister
Private First Class
4er_Meister's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: S.I NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ct
Speedometer view of m4 vs c63. Pretty cool!

How did you post a video?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #196
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
1866
Rep
1,846
Posts

Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Next to the Merc, the F82 looks really handsome.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #197
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
139
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Feel sorry for you. I got mine for US $72K. 2013, P31, CF trim and all the options offered for the C63, plus winter tires mounted on 18" AMG rims. Comparable M4 will be $100k in Canada.




Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
You don't know a lick of what you're talking about because A: you were not there B: you have no idea how many times I have "drifted" before C: you have no idea how tight the lane was that I was attempting to drift in.

Race care drivers crash all the time, but I guess they are "Boy racers to"

Thing's happen any time you try to push your cars limits..

I knew the risk and the tight space I was about to do it in...

I guy like you would crash into someone while texting... Talk about irresponsible..
How can I make that assumption about you? Because you're making the same ridiculous assumptions about me. You do not know me.

Why should I have gotten a 328i? because "you" say so? I would never get a 328i because it's not my cup of tea.

Incase you don't know how to read very well. The temperature was ONE OF MANY genuine complaints I had which I do not care to repeat.

Don't speak on a situation that you were not there for and know nothing about because in the end, you sound ridiculous and only making assumptions and speculations.

My M3 was an attempted drift and failed due to a number of reasons. It was on an empty road, no one's life was put in harms way except for my own and at the lower speed I was going, I would have walked away no matter what. It happens, people crash, race car drivers make mistakes, I make mistakes, human nature, but I guess you cannot understand that.



72k for my c63 and that got me FAKE leather "MB TEXT" interior, ugly brown wood trim that I had to pay $$ to get painted, Nav, and that's it. No other toys no other bells and whistles. I excepted the car because that was the closest thing my dealer could find to what I wanted color wise that they could trade and get in for me quickly.

interior isn't the worst in the world but That is all FAKE leather you're looking at and PLASTIC. Everything is very basic. The trim I had painted black which improved the interior by 80%.


spend 72k with BMW and you can bet you will get more than fake leather interior and more toys other than Nav.

Many people agreed with what I had to say and a couple didn't. Consider yourself in the minority then and move on.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #198
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
89
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (1)

lol at the guy saying the M4 had a "sound from the future".

I heard that sound today and almost broke my neck to look because I thought it was an M4....... Turned out to be a Honda with a fart can.

From the future.... L-oh-L
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
c63, comparison, f82, m4 coupe, video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST