EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

01-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Installing Esys on New Computer...token problem

Hi Folks,
I previously had ESYS working perfectly on an old notebook which has since bit the dust. I have a new Windows 10 machine and have followed installation instructions carefully using latest software from Shawn.

The issue is that after installation, I run E-Sys Launcher which generates a token. I then select chassis (F82) and as it starts to launch....the program again asks for a PIN and repeats the process over and over.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
HankyPants
Rep
Drives: Recklessly and takes chances

What version of Launcher do you have? If 2.8.2 the system date can never at any time exceed 12/31/18. If it does you are Effed. Need a clean install. I had a clean install of Windows 10 home and then Windows 10 Pro and could get nothing in the "launcher premium" versions. Do clean install of everything. It would even sputter on clean installs of Windows 7 and Windows 7 pro so I think 2.82 was bad or designed to break it for everyone getting it free.

I tried for the entire year of 2018 and by making 4 legit donations to get Launcher pro from TM but no dice. You can try E-sys X and there are hacked versions of launcher pro out there. I didn't go that route....used Alex@alpine to do some coding for me. Quick, easy, he's a great guy and more than happy to pay his very reasonable fee for coding...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyPants View Post
What version of Launcher do you have? If 2.8.2 the system date can never at any time exceed 12/31/18. If it does you are Effed. Need a clean install. I had a clean install of Windows 10 home and then Windows 10 Pro and could get nothing in the "launcher premium" versions. Do clean install of everything. It would even sputter on clean installs of Windows 7 and Windows 7 pro so I think 2.82 was bad or designed to break it for everyone getting it free.

I tried for the entire year of 2018 and by making 4 legit donations to get Launcher pro from TM but no dice. You can try E-sys X and there are hacked versions of launcher pro out there. I didn't go that route....used Alex@alpine to do some coding for me. Quick, easy, he's a great guy and more than happy to pay his very reasonable fee for coding...
So are you saying before launching v2.8.2, manually set the date to sometime in 2018? If you don't, it'll completely invalidate the token generation process going forward, even if you set the date back after the fact?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
HankyPants
Rep
Drives: Recklessly and takes chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei213 View Post
So are you saying before launching v2.8.2, manually set the date to sometime in 2018? If you don't, it'll completely invalidate the token generation process going forward, even if you set the date back after the fact?
Every version of Launcher has an expiration date. I think 2.8.1 expired 6/30/18....you can also try this tool https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1457494 which might help...didn't help me because I couldn't even get 2.8.1 or 2.8.2 to even open up on any of my laptops.

Last working version of launcher I had was 2.7.1. Shawn posted links to a couple of other options for working launchers that are valid for 10+ years. In any event I'm just going to use Alex@alpine from now on. Plenty of others on here that can help with coding as well.
Appreciate 1
blockdoc373.00
      01-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyPants View Post
Every version of Launcher has an expiration date. I think 2.8.1 expired 6/30/18....you can also try this tool https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1457494 which might help...didn't help me because I couldn't even get 2.8.1 or 2.8.2 to even open up on any of my laptops.

Last working version of launcher I had was 2.7.1. Shawn posted links to a couple of other options for working launchers that are valid for 10+ years. In any event I'm just going to use Alex@alpine from now on. Plenty of others on here that can help with coding as well.
You guys were right...the last token for Esys expired on 12/31/2018 and there is no update. After spending hours working on this, I threw in the towel and (at Shawn's suggestion), bought sa "hacked" version on EBAY with a "10 year token". Cost about $25 and worked like a charm.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULLY-WORKI...53.m2749.l2649
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tried changing the date....no worky
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
SpeedGELBM4
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw F82 M4ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Quote:
I tried changing the date....no worky
Somebody wanna help me with a walk through on how to download esys on my laptop so i can began tweaking my M3zcp, thanks..had a hard time..computer needing driver update apps and all sorts of stuff that has me stuck..I appreciate it in advance