Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #45
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Fun fact my jag has been 100% trouble free, no mechanical issues, not even the slightest hint of an interior rattle, nor even a squeak from the ccb's, and I hill run my cars well

I've gone through 4 German daily's in last 3 years I've had it and every single one has had rattles and mechanical issues

Maybe I just got lucky
From all my research this model Jag is bulletproof; its got it problems, like the vents rising and such...the car in question is a cpo; but a lot has changed since the inception of the f-type-r. If a shelby gt can do it; its not going to bode well on its value. Ill pick one up as they continue to depreciate
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:30 AM   #46
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [8.33]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn360Photo View Post
I really like sound and looks of F type

Reliability is another point

Make a decision on how the car makes you feel
Fun fact my jag has been 100% trouble free, no mechanical issues, not even the slightest hint of an interior rattle, nor even a squeak from the ccb's, and I hill run my cars well

I've gone through 4 German daily's in last 3 years I've had it and every single one has had rattles and mechanical issues

Maybe I just got lucky
That's great!

I had two jags and they were a nightmare, as you said rattles were endless. One of them was replaced as lemon because dealer could find what was causing it. Replaced half of the suspension, driveshaft...list was 3 pages long.

That was some time ago and I'm glad to hear that they stepped up in quality.

Enjoy!

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #47
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:

Maybe I just got lucky
From all my research this model Jag is bulletproof; its got it problems, like the vents rising and such...the car in question is a cpo; but a lot has changed since the inception of the f-type-r. If a shelby gt can do it; its not going to bode well on its value. Ill pick one up as they continue to depreciate
Yep it's surprisingly been a great car, no issues, even the dealership experience has been amazing, free servicing and little things like I lost a drainage plug under the wing and the dealer sent it to me free of charge

Even the build and trim quality is better than the other models, you don't get the scratchy cheap plastic lower door/dash trim like you do on the xe and f pace for example. It feels like jag spent some time and money on their hero car

The solid reliability has been a welcome change compared to my series 1 e type and it's Lucas electronics
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #48
ReddsektoR
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT AY

also been thinking and almost pulled a trade in for a 2016 F-type R... its been killing me for half a year now thinking about getting one or not lol.

I can agree that when I test drove it I was underwhelmed by the exhaust noise in dynamic, it was much quieter than my Remus full catback. My friend's mustang GT V8 sounds louder. That and I wasn't majorly impressed with its performance. Pulls on the highway seemed slower than my M4 (granted I'm on stg1 tune so not a baseline comparison).

But everything else about the car is exquisite. Looks like a million bucks. Just don't know if I can justify another car loan for something that doesn't offer any performance increase (other than from a standing start its traction is obviously perfect).

Z06 vette is my other consideration, and honestly, I keep back going back and forth between keeping the M4, or going with f-type R or Z06. It's my only car/daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #49
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I have an SVR. Love it.
Great car. Rented a Convertible SVR for a week while on vacation in Miami last year. Real head turner.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:45 AM   #50
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddsektoR View Post
also been thinking and almost pulled a trade in for a 2016 F-type R... its been killing me for half a year now thinking about getting one or not lol.

I can agree that when I test drove it I was underwhelmed by the exhaust noise in dynamic, it was much quieter than my Remus full catback. My friend's mustang GT V8 sounds louder. That and I wasn't majorly impressed with its performance. Pulls on the highway seemed slower than my M4 (granted I'm on stg1 tune so not a baseline comparison).

But everything else about the car is exquisite. Looks like a million bucks. Just don't know if I can justify another car loan for something that doesn't offer any performance increase (other than from a standing start its traction is obviously perfect).

Z06 vette is my other consideration, and honestly, I keep back going back and forth between keeping the M4, or going with f-type R or Z06. It's my only car/daily driving.
On flip side I'm heading over to LA in a few months and going to Turo a z06 to run angeles crest, the snake, etc

Never done the corvette thing, only link to good ol USA muscle i have is an '05 ford gt
Appreciate 0