Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

10-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Any M4CS owners around Oct 27?

About to pull the trigger on a M4CS. Getting an amazing deal, but have not actually been in the car as its driving. Was wondering if there are any owners who are around the Thornhill, Richmond hill area tomorrow, so I can see how the Car drives?

Seems a bit crazy to buy a car never being driven in it. Would love to hear about the pros/cons of the car from someone who uses it every day.

It would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

I test drove a comp before pulling the trigger. If you like that, the CS will blow you away.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 12:52 AM   #3
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

I'm sure someone will be happy to help out.

I had the comp M3 now M4 CS. A few things:
- Straps to open/close doors feels weird in the beginning.
- You'll have to be super careful with the low lip.
- lack of comfort access will take you some time.

Driving wise, no complaints at all. If you're getting an amazing deal, do it!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #4
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
I test drove a comp before pulling the trigger. If you like that, the CS will blow you away.
Seriously? I have a comp. I test drive a CS and certainly wasn't blown away. It was nice and the improvements made were noticeable but not night and day. Great car though for sure. Biggest thing for me was moving from a manual to DCT and I just couldn't do it.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
Seriously? I have a comp. I test drive a CS and certainly wasn't blown away. It was nice and the improvements made were noticeable but not night and day. Great car though for sure. Biggest thing for me was moving from a manual to DCT and I just couldn't do it.
I have had a manual for the last 20 years. I am also struggling with this.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Where did you drive the car? Streets or track?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Yes. For the price delta it was a no brainer 100 vs 113
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #8
lzz0813
Rep
Drives: m4

i am the 2019 m4 cs owner!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

I put down a deposit for a 2019 M4CS in Lime Rock Grey to be delivered this Thursday. I'm currently in a base 2016 M3 6MT without any packages (no cams, HUD, adaptive struts or parking sensors). This is the last iteration of the DCT for these cars so I am looking forward to it, I will however miss the armrest which is making me very nervous LOL

Do you get used to no armrest and the door straps?
      11-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #10
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantix View Post
I put down a deposit for a 2019 M4CS in Lime Rock Grey to be delivered this Thursday. I'm currently in a base 2016 M3 6MT without any packages (no cams, HUD, adaptive struts or parking sensors). This is the last iteration of the DCT for these cars so I am looking forward to it, I will however miss the armrest which is making me very nervous LOL

Do you get used to no armrest and the door straps?
The lack of center armrest is a complete non-issue for me as I rarely used it to begin with. I actually like the fact that it is gone when on track as it provides better elbow room to handle the steering wheel. The door pulls, you have to get used to, especially in tight parking spaces where you need to hands to open the door to avoid banging the car next door. But you get used to it. I've grown to really like the light weight door cards as they let much more noise in the cabin which enhances the driving experience. The biggest annoyance for me is the lack of comfort access, after over a year of ownership, I still have not yet gotten fully accustomed to it and still find myself tugging at a locked door handle .

And to all the naysayers, yes, the CS feels very different than a base of CP M4. The fact that I am 2.5 seconds faster in my CS than I was in my previous M4 around LCMT on the same tires is quite telling IMO.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 11-17-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 07:17 AM   #11
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

Thanks bud I appreciate the insight. Picked up my M4CS yesterday and drove it back from Sherbrooke and then to pick up winter wheels and tires so I got to spend a full day driving it in various roads/highways etc and it was dry and sunny. From the little seat time so far this car feels substantially different compared to my base M3. It's very tight and feels like its on rails. The M3 was no slouch by any means but the M4 is that much better. I'm already over the armrest, that really wasn't anything to worry about to begin with but I do keep slamming me left foot into a phantom clutch at startup . The DCT is stupid fast and so much fun and as an added benefit on those 1hr gridlock commutes on the 13 south in the morning (I'm only 6 miles from work), the D on the dashboard will be a welcomed sight. There's definitely something special about this car and especially the lime rock grey, a color which stands out in the BMW lineup.

I got a couple of grumbles from the biologicals (7 and 12yo boys) about getting into the backseat last night going out to dinner but I expect they will get over it LOL

Can't wait to throw on my MPE this week I really miss the sound of that exhaust and even more impatient to get this thing on track!!!!!! It's going to be a loooong winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The lack of center armrest is a complete non-issue for me as I rarely used it to begin with. I actually like the fact that it is gone when on track as it provides better elbow room to handle the steering wheel. The door pulls, you have to get used to, especially in tight parking spaces where you need to hans to open the door to avoid banging the car next door. But you get used to hit. I've grown to really like the light weight door cards as they let much more noise in the cabin which enhances the driving experience. The biggest annoyance for me is the lack of comfort access, after over a year of ownership, I still have not yet gotten fully accustomed to it and still find myself tugging at a locked door handle .

And to all the naysayers, yes, the CS feels very different than a base of CP M4. The fact that I am 2.5 seconds faster in my CS than I was in my previous M4 around LCMT on the same tires is quite telling IMO.
Ggeezer251.50
Benzima1324.00