Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

11-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #1
moonshine89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 ZCP

Moving to Guam - any M owners out there?

Currently in San Diego, California but moving to Guam in the next few months.

Current plan is to sell my gorgeous fully loaded BSM F80 zcp. But now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Frickin love my car. I LOVE IT. But I heard the roads and weather can be tough on an M.

Any thoughts?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by moonshine89; 12-05-2019 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

The weather isn't bad at all for an ///M, minus the road sections made out of crushed coral on highway 1, you can tell because they're white and extremely slippery in the rain.

Only thing I can think of is the rust issue, but they have electronic devices which keep your car safe. There are 1-2 F8X's out there currently.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 12:34 AM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine89 View Post
Currently in San Diego, but moving to Guam in the next few months.

Current plan is to sell my gorgeous fully loaded BSM F80 zcp. But now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Frickin love my car. I LOVE IT. But I heard the roads and weather can be tough on an M.

Any thoughts?

Horrible roads on Guam.

They are paved with a coral and oil mix so when it rains oil comes to the surface and makes it extra slippery.

Combine that with the potholes and other conditions, not to mention getting replacement parts.

Bad idea.

https://tritonscall.com/guam-roads-need-funding/
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 05:08 AM   #4
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Any thoughts?
Trade for a boat.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
moonshine89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Currently in San Diego, but moving to Guam in the next few months.

Any thoughts?

Horrible roads on Guam.

They are paved with a coral and oil mix so when it rains oil comes to the surface and makes it extra slippery.

Combine that with the potholes and other conditions, not to mention getting replacement parts.

Bad idea.

https://tritonscall.com/guam-roads-need-funding/
I heard the roads in the small villages and backroads are bad but the main roads aren't horrible.

Also Atkins kroll appears to be a BMW dealership. So maybe not super hard to get parts?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep

Quote:
I heard the roads in the small villages and backroads are bad but the main roads aren't horrible.

Also Atkins kroll appears to be a BMW dealership. So maybe not super hard to get parts?
Exactly, Highway 1 roads are in great shape, the villages and back roads can be a nuisance, just take it slower than normal.

Source:. Was born and raised there, go back periodically and I'm telling you to bring your F8x out there, you'll be turning heads. 😁
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #7
moonshine89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBankM4 View Post
Exactly, Highway 1 roads are in great shape, the villages and back roads can be a nuisance, just take it slower than normal.

Source:. Was born and raised there, go back periodically and I'm telling you to bring your F8x out there, you'll be turning heads. 😁
Haha. I thought about that! Not sure if that kind of attention is a good thing though!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #8
chriszach1
CHRISZACH1
Germany
Rep
Drives: 06 E90, 18 F80, 21 G05

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Other than the roads being beyond terrible..you do realize the max speed is 45 mph on the island!
Sakhir Orange II Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / M-DCT / Executive Package / Competition Package / Driver Assistant Package/ 20" Frozen Silver Edelweiss LT 5 wheels/ KW V3's/ Mosselman Stage 2 tune
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #9
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Source:. Was born and raised there, go back periodically and I'm telling you to bring your F8x out there, you'll be turning heads.
Haha. I thought about that! Not sure if that kind of attention is a good thing though!
It's all good attention, the car scene in Guam is behind the US by years, so it's been hot for awhile now and doesn't look to be letting up.

Crime in Guam isn't bad, drug issues but that won't affect your or your car getting stolen.

Max speed limit, follow it during rush hour but anytime after that, I've never had problems. Use to rail my R1 up there all last summer.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #10
moonshine89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Source:. Was born and raised there, go back periodically and I'm telling you to bring your F8x out there, you'll be turning heads.
It's all good attention, the car scene in Guam is behind the US by years, so it's been hot for awhile now and doesn't look to be letting up.

Crime in Guam isn't bad, drug issues but that won't affect your or your car getting stolen.

Max speed limit, follow it during rush hour but anytime after that, I've never had problems. Use to rail my R1 up there all last summer.
Nice! I'm seriously considering taking it out there. I love my m3. It's ppf'd as well. I'm nervous about ground clearance and popping tires.

Any other Guam folks out there?!
Appreciate 0