Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #23
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboextreme View Post
Got mine last week so can share how long it took etc. and what is wrong with YMB? My car:
Please share anything that you think could be helpful. Where was the picture taken? Looks like Germany.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 02:11 AM   #24
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
I liked Mineral White and Tanzanite Blue. Decided against MW simply because wife's M235i Vert is MW and so wanted something different. Was really keen on TB but was put off by state of the two TB cars I saw. They show every swirl mark and scratch. Not that's fine if you are anal about cleaning but I'm afraid I'm not - I don't detail my car but those marks would p*ss me off. So for me TB was out (though I can understand why people love it).

Off cuff, asked dealer about San Merino Blue and found out it wasn't a full individual colour (i.e. a gezilllion pounds) but an in between colour and so £1,500. So SMB it will be with full silverstone interior (I wanted leather dash). Still waiting after a month to get a confirmation of production slot.
My local dealer had a SMB/Opal white M3 in the showroom it was stunning. I really wanted to buy it, but went in to try and do a deal on it last weekend and it was sold...
If it is not a full priced individual colour I am now very temped to go and see if I can request an M4 build in SMB.
      12-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #25
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks like I am out for the time being. Tried to get a deal done this morning, but although I got a good deal on the M4, the negative in the 235i was too much to square at this point. A little shocked and disappointed at the moment.
Had decided on SMB/Silverstone as my combo....
      12-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #26
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Looks like I am out for the time being. Tried to get a deal done this morning, but although I got a good deal on the M4, the negative in the 235i was too much to square at this point. A little shocked and disappointed at the moment.
Gutted for you. I was in same position with my current car. I'd always planned to change it in 2016 so got it over 4 years. Coming up to three years I'd had enough of it (long story) so looked into an M4 but found instead of having money in the car I'd have to pay a few k to get out of it. Anyway, I feel your pain. Maybe you'll figure out a way around it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #27
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Gutted for you. I was in same position with my current car. I'd always planned to change it in 2016 so got it over 4 years. Coming up to three years I'd had enough of it (long story) so looked into an M4 but found instead of having money in the car I'd have to pay a few k to get out of it. Anyway, I feel your pain. Maybe you'll figure out a way around it.
I am looking at my options, in fairness I was expecting some negative equity as I am about half way through my current deal I am just shocked at the amount. I can afford to get out of the old one just not sure I want to. l am Going to sleep on it and see how I feel about it all tomorrow.

Would seriously love the car though and I did push to get more out of the deal, but couldn't get the dealer to sweeten the deal any more. I did try our other local dealer too, but offered similar for my car, although they did offer me a better deal on a car they had in stock.
      12-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #28
northerngooner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Tanzanite Blue

Seems to me that if the 235i is financed with BMW they can just about do anything they want. I had a year old 435d which had a slight positive against an ex-demo M4 owned by BMW UK (park lane). Maybe the difference was that you're ordering a new one? All I know is that car financing when it's all with BMW in some form or another is a bloody mystery.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #29
dunny247
dunny
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 frozen black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
Washy - I thought about an individual colour but the ones on BMW's website don't do it for me. The frozen colours do though but I imagine keeping them clean will be a right pain and if repainting was ever needed it could cost a fortune.

Axelf - Suzuka grey is an Audi colour, right?

Are we able to specify any colour we like? If so, what is the cost of this?

CH.
Frozen paint is easier to maintain in my opinion and ive had 3 so far. No polish or wax. But yes your right if it's damaged it can be costly to repair. It does get a lot of attention from passers by . And in different lighting it changes colours. Almost shiny in some lights.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #30
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngooner
Seems to me that if the 235i is financed with BMW they can just about do anything they want. I had a year old 435d which had a slight positive against an ex-demo M4 owned by BMW UK (park lane). Maybe the difference was that you're ordering a new one? All I know is that car financing when it's all with BMW in some form or another is a bloody mystery.
Must admit they do seem to make it up as they go along. Having thought about it I will hang on a bit and order one for September hopefully the depreciation will have levelled a bit and I will have paid more off.

At least I now know what I want spec wise.
      12-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #31
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngooner
Must admit they do seem to make it up as they go along. Having thought about it I will hang on a bit and order one for September hopefully the depreciation will have levelled a bit and I will have paid more off.

At least I now know what I want spec wise.
Very wise. If I was sensible I'd wait til then as my current car wouldn't cost me much in depreciation during that time. But I got a very good deal on trade-in. Still haven't had an individual build slit confirmed yet so March is looking less likely anyway now!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #32
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I was told probably April or May for my individual delivery had I have gone ahead.
      12-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #33
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
I was told probably April or May for my individual delivery had I have gone ahead.
So realistically it might happen on time (which dealer insists it will). I'm not so sure but actually not bothered. Comes when it does. Wife's pissed off though as I can only do another 2k miles on the trade in deal. Will therefore need to drag her spotless M235 Vert out of garage and use it (and get it dirty!).
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #34
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

HI ClawHammer

Hopefully ordering early to mid January, secured a deal with local BMW dealer but not pressed the button just yet. Was sold on TB for most of the summer but when seeing it at the dealerships, just looked far too dark compared to photos. Instead, agreed on San Marino Bue, and as gtsussex said, he can do it for us for around £1,500 - we also checked for Le Mans blue but that was over £5k :/

For interior, definitely got to be silverstone leather, btw anyone going for ceramics? A must in my opinion, as for the huge cost, on a PCP agreement the chunk is split up rather significantly.

Look forward to seeing some 2016s soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 03:13 PM   #35
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovanUK View Post
HI ClawHammer

Hopefully ordering early to mid January, secured a deal with local BMW dealer but not pressed the button just yet. Was sold on TB for most of the summer but when seeing it at the dealerships, just looked far too dark compared to photos. Instead, agreed on San Marino Bue, and as gtsussex said, he can do it for us for around £1,500 - we also checked for Le Mans blue but that was over £5k :/

For interior, definitely got to be silverstone leather, btw anyone going for ceramics? A must in my opinion, as for the huge cost, on a PCP agreement the chunk is split up rather significantly.

Has been a difficult one to make a call one. Dealer offered £500 off them but still advised against them. I have to agree. I've now driven plentiful M3/4 with steels (including Brands Hatch ones) and they are good. Decent pads (Pagid RS29's) and fluid and they will be fine if you want to track it. I can't justify that for vanity.

That budget will pay for M Performance exterior and AC Schnitzer RS suspension.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #36
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovanUK View Post
HI ClawHammer

Hi JovanUK,

Whats stopping you from ordering? Are they moving much from the list price? They seem to be offering £2.5 contributions now anyway when financing through BMW.

I won't be ordering CC brakes. Not at all interested for that price.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 05:51 AM   #37
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I was offered a nice little discount on top of the BMW FS contributions so deals are out there.
I know the sensible thing to do is wait, but tempted to pay the negative in the 235 to get into an M4 sooner....decisions eh
      12-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #38
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Should be looking at around £7k upwards off. Saw this on Twitter today. At least it's made my mind up about putting M Perf stuff on...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #39
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

SMB with the black grills is just stunning.
      12-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #40
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Should be looking at around £7k upwards off. Saw this on Twitter today. At least it's made my mind up about putting M Perf stuff on...
£7k off?!?! Anybody else get that kind of discount?

Did you take BMW finance? If so, what is the APR?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #41
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
£7k off?!?! Anybody else get that kind of discount?

Did you take BMW finance? If so, what is the APR?
4.2%. I'm saying you can get AT LEAST that. Just need to ask or walk away. Discounts are there.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #42
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
4.2%. I'm saying you can get AT LEAST that. Just need to ask or walk away. Discounts are there.
Appreciate that. I'll be starting negotiations in Jan. I'm after a convertable, I think, so may make a difference in amount of discount I can get. Not sure if that would be more or less discount. Depends how well the convertables are selling I suppose. Also, the closer to spring and new reg orders the less discount I'm likely to get.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #43
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate that. I'll be starting negotiations in Jan. I'm after a convertable, I think, so may make a difference in amount of discount I can get. Not sure if that would be more or less discount. Depends how well the convertables are selling I suppose. Also, the closer to spring and new reg orders the less discount I'm likely to get.
It will depend on when you want. Try and aim towards the end of the quarter and you will always do better. I think you'll do fine on the convertible as it's on the basic price that the discount is best percentage wise. The more options you add, the greater that percentage gets diluted.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #44
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Was planning to add quite a lot of options actually. Maybe a further £10k onto the basic price.

£7k off, whether adding options or not, would be great. Understand that this will dilute when worked out as a percentage but don't see that being an issue unless I'm missing something?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0