Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-21-2024, 03:54 PM   #1
CFor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma

Buying a M4 out of Province

I am looking to buy my first BMW M4. I live in Manitoba and found one at a BMW dealership in Laval, Quebec. I was going to get it shipped to Manitoba but I am worried about buying a car sight unseen. Does anybody know of a service available that would do an inspection of the car for a fee? Just looking for any major mechanical or cosmetic damage identified.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
Taylorsherk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I bought an Audi S4 from Lauzon Audi in Laval Quebec sight unseen . I flew to pick it up and they were a few hidden surprises that kinda soured my experience.

Car was purchased with CPO warranty and had clean Carfax, but after a few weeks I came to realize the car had stage 2+ pulley and minor front end repair that wasn’t up to par.

Great car but I was already soured and sold it after 2yrs ownership.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 01:17 PM   #3
jdmpimp
honda/acura O.G.
Canada
Rep
Drives: too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFor View Post
I am looking to buy my first BMW M4. I live in Manitoba and found one at a BMW dealership in Laval, Quebec. I was going to get it shipped to Manitoba but I am worried about buying a car sight unseen. Does anybody know of a service available that would do an inspection of the car for a fee? Just looking for any major mechanical or cosmetic damage identified.
I live in Calgary, and the F80 M3 CS I purchased from Kelowna BMW exactly a year ago. Before we purchased it I wanted to know everything about the car. Sales person was awesome in sending me all the photos I requested and then he also sent me a detailed video. He also sent the used car inspection on it, which showed that everything was good as per the technician and that they performed a 4 wheel alignment. Make sure you also get a copy of the Carfax then you would be able to see the history on it.

Request:
Photos of dents, dings, scratches (if any)
Video walk around with interior
Used car inspection as they would need to do this when bringing a car into their inventory to sell.
CarFax Report (accidents, theft, service, what province originally from and where it's been registered)

But also, as @Taylorsherk experience. This vehicle could have had everything bolted onto it and then removed or even still installed. But you would not be able to see that in service history or carfax as typically aftermarket shops do not report to CarFax.

Hope this helps with your purchase. Good luck.
Acquired: 2018 M3 CS, Alpine White Exterior (wrapped in Matte Charcoal Metallic 3M)

Last edited by jdmpimp; 05-22-2024 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 08:42 AM   #4
FatHulk
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 zcp, G05 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFor View Post
Would be more cautious with vehicles coming from Quebec. If you really want to go for it still, definitely worth the trip out there before purchasing.
Appreciate 0