Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #23
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanm4 View Post
FUCK that guy! If you drive a true M car, you should have the up most respect for the first M car that set the wheels in motion and brought BMW to its current point! There would be no G80 without the e30 being so successful!

I've always respected every M car and even the 2002 in my e46 M3 and my current f82 and continue to shit on G80/G82 for being so ugly and fat!
I'm confused. True M cars should respect each other, per your post, and then later in your post you say you 'continue to shit on G8X cars'.

Like it or not, a G8X is a real M car. BMW decides what a 'real M car' is. Same like Porsche decides what a 'real GT3' is and Mercedes decides what a 'real C63s' is. A 'real X car' is what the company decides it is. The day Mercedes puts a 4 cylinder in their C63s, guess what, it will still be a 'real C63'.

Each of us has their own take on what a 'real M car' should be, so perhaps you think the G8X is a piece of shit. Have you considered that maybe the G8X driver thinks a 30 year old M3 is also a piece of shit and doesn't care about it?

To the OP:
This thread is bizarre. Why does someone expect other M car drivers to validate their need for attention and 'respect'? Are we in preschool? Someone didn't wave and you create a video feeling 'disrespected'? Insane. Perhaps he didn't see you, perhaps he thinks a 30 year old M3 is a piece of shit, infinite other possibilities.

When I cross other M cars I usually wave or give a thumbs up while I pass and sometimes get one back and other times do not. It just happens. Who cares?
This exactly. Thank you.

The fact that OP made a video about such a petty incident, posted it on a bunch of threads on Bimmerpost just to generalize about "G8X people"..just feels like a whole lot of entitlement and self promotion.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00