European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-28-2021, 01:13 AM   #23
kchan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Get a lip from XPH. There's no point to get an expensive lip and I personally can't tell the difference between XPH and OEM/high price replicas except the $1000 price difference.

A lip drastically changes the look of the car and makes it look so much more aggressive in my opinion. I'm lowered on EDM with a m-perf style lip from XPH. Looks fantastic and I don't worry about it because it only cost $400
How was the fitment? Did you DIY or paid the shop to do it?

Last I checked they still don't have it in stock, I need to send a message to Mike...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #24
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Get a lip from XPH. There's no point to get an expensive lip and I personally can't tell the difference between XPH and OEM/high price replicas except the $1000 price difference.

A lip drastically changes the look of the car and makes it look so much more aggressive in my opinion. I'm lowered on EDM with a m-perf style lip from XPH. Looks fantastic and I don't worry about it because it only cost $400

Last I checked they still don't have it in stock, I need to send a message to Mike...
The fitment was great and looks amazing. I actually installed it by myself and it wasn't too hard. I definitely recommend having another set of hands if possible, I had to get creative with tape since I didn't have any assistance and it made it a little more difficult. Still only took me 4 hours to install the splitters, lip, side skirts, mirror caps, and spoiler.

I saw somewhere on the forum that Mike was expecting a restock in a couple week but don't quote me on it haha
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #25
Gunzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Which CF splitters did you pair the plastic lip with? What's the total cost and do you have the links for both of them? Always wonder how the two will fit together if you buy them separately from different vendor.

Does the lip have all correct/predrill holes? Did you pay to get it installed or DIY?

I got weavecarbon splitters. Total cost was around $270 shipped for lip and splitters. It has holes predrilled but some didn't work too well. It comes with self tapping screws and took about an hour to install everything. I did it myself in my garage. The splitters came with 3m tape and fit pretty well.

No one but me will notice the imperfections of the non-oem fitment but they fit rather well considering the price.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #26
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

I've wrecked a few different versions. Like others said, find something affordable and be ready to smack a few.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #27
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

Get Sliplo. it works wonders. Even though it gives the front an 2mm of less clearance when you scrape, you won't hear it and it protects the actual lip
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #28
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

I had a CF lip for a few months and the scraping started chewing it up. Replaced it with a Lightweight and it still scrapes but that lip just shrugs it off. If you look underneath it you can see it's seen it's share of driveways but over a year later the rest of it looks as good as the day I put it on.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Carbon parts are back in stock, we are doing a sale after the long

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #30
kchan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Carbon parts are back in stock, we are doing a sale after the long
send you a pm, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #31
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Always gonna scrape--just need to be careful and you can adjust how much it will scrape. You'll get used to looking for alternative routes, parking lot entrance/exits, etc.
Appreciate 1
TRYM3279.00
      02-04-2021, 11:11 AM   #32
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I don't have much clearance lol but I make it work. I would not be able to do it without the lower splitter from eurocustomspr....I've smashed some stuff and bottomed out very hard and that thing is amazing it has zero damage on it and also keeps the carbon CS lip mint
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #33
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
Always gonna scrape--just need to be careful and you can adjust how much it will scrape. You'll get used to looking for alternative routes, parking lot entrance/exits, etc.
Yupp! Pretty much just becomes a way of life and you just plan your routes around it. There's some roads you know you just can't take sometimes and I'm ok with that, I would much rather that then drive an m3 that looks like a monster truck
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #34
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
I don't have much clearance lol but I make it work. I would not be able to do it without the lower splitter from eurocustomspr....I've smashed some stuff and bottomed out very hard and that thing is amazing it has zero damage on it and also keeps the carbon CS lip mint
My shit is low but not slammed like that--yeesh. Looks sick btw
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #35
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

Hi Gunzy,
Can you share/link where you got the lip from? I'm looking to purchase a poly replica M lip! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzy View Post
I got weavecarbon splitters. Total cost was around $270 shipped for lip and splitters. It has holes predrilled but some didn't work too well. It comes with self tapping screws and took about an hour to install everything. I did it myself in my garage. The splitters came with 3m tape and fit pretty well.

No one but me will notice the imperfections of the non-oem fitment but they fit rather well considering the price.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #36
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
That looks sick. Would love to see a full pic
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #37
Gunzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal77 View Post
Hi Gunzy,
Can you share/link where you got the lip from? I'm looking to purchase a poly replica M lip! Thank you

Quote:

I'm having trouble loading the link to here. Go to eBay and just search for:

F80 m3 front lip and you will get a ton of different options.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #38
NovaChris
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I bought a cheap eBay m performance style lip in plastic. It was $100 shipped and fits fine, not OEM but looks good. I paired it with CF splitters and it looks great. If it scrapes it's just plastic and if it does get ruined it was only $100.
Do you have a link?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #39
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

Look up magicdrift f80 lip on ebay. Polyurethane lips for around 100 shipped. Had the GT before and going to try a different one from them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaChris View Post
Do you have a link?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 05:13 PM   #40
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Quote:
I bought a cheap eBay m performance style lip in plastic. It was $100 shipped and fits fine, not OEM but looks good. I paired it with CF splitters and it looks great. If it scrapes it's just plastic and if it does get ruined it was only $100.
Which CF splitters did you pair the plastic lip with? What's the total cost and do you have the links for both of them? Always wonder how the two will fit together if you buy them separately from different vendor.

Does the lip have all correct/predrill holes? Did you pay to get it installed or DIY?
It's $400 for the splitter and lip at XPH