Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #45
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsleySmith View Post
Almaretto,
Won't let me respond to your PM. Say's your in box is full.

K
Cleared out 20+ messages so you can now resend.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #46
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Cleared out 20+ messages so you can now resend.
So whatever happened to this? Were you able to help this guy?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #47
KingsleySmith
Nous Defions
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Nope still having issue's. The dealer did more screw up's than I care to talk about. But I ordered 2 SMT modules for replacement. Another long story, FED-X lost them for almost a week, just got yesterday. Installed and went to code them to find out the dealer updated my I-STEP again. Naturally my Psdzdata is not up to date. So thanks to Shawn, downloading the new file's now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on the car. I'll keep you posted.

I did swap the left and right modules and both were still failing. Those boards must get hot, hence the cooling fan in the headlights. Both boards conformal coating were really dark, very possible something went out on them. I did get a resistor fault in ISTA for the modules. Fingers crossed, this will be my last attempt on getting the stupid turn signals back.

K
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 03:41 PM   #48
Crux510
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60, E92, E92M, E70, F85, G30

Having the same issue you posted. Can you please let me know what ended up being the solution/fix?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 05:10 AM   #49
KingsleySmith
Nous Defions
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Sent you a message Crux. But in case anyone else is interested here's what I did.

Good timing I actually just fixed mine about six months ago. Never with any help from the BMW dealership, they did more damage then I care to even think about.

Mine was a dual problem. First thing that appeared to fix everything was I have a crimped wire (maybe more than one) running into my ODB port. I removed the port connector (little plastic connector you run your e net cable into), off the little post holding it onto the side of the footwell and just let it dangle. It must have been enough to relieve the strain on the wire and crimp. The lights started working perfectly.

But once I attached the little plastic port back into its holder the lights stopped working again. So I now have mine hanging free of the clip and velcro it to the carpet on the left side of the drivers area.

Everything worked great for six months and then my right light started doing it again. Main headlight worked fine, just was getting an error. Upon inspection I found the main connector going into the headlight unit was not completely clipped into the connector. Reconnected securely and the right side started working again fine.

Hopefully yours will be an easy fix. I was just about ready to buy new headlights, per BMW's suggestion. Good luck to you.
Appreciate 0