EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #67
EdHermosa
Enlisted Member
United_States
8
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2020 F82 M4, Imola Red
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, California

iTrader: (0)

DCT Shifter and base trim mod

First mods to the car. Having never done this type of thing before, the various YouTube installation videos were a great help in knowing what to buy, what tools to have on hand and what to expect when doing the job. Took my time and it still only took about 45 minutes from gathering everything together to finishing the job. Next up... replacing the steering wheel with a carbon fiber version (definitely getting a Pro to do that job).
Attached Images
  
__________________
2020 F82 M4 Heritage Edition | Imola Red II | DCT | M Competition Package | M Performance Package | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | M Performance Side Sill Decals | 763M Wheel & Tire Set | 265/35ZR 19 Front; 285/30ZR20 Rear Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #68
jd__m4
Lieutenant
jd__m4's Avatar
352
Rep
589
Posts

Drives: AY M4
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montco, PA

iTrader: (1)

Nicely done, the steering wheel is a do-able DIY! Only need a Torx T20/T25 (forget which) and a pick to pull a couple connectors.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #69
so_f80m3
Private First Class
so_f80m3's Avatar
84
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 e92, 2016 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: orlando florida

iTrader: (10)

Here are a few pics of my interior
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:16 PM   #70
M3nmotion18
Lieutenant
M3nmotion18's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 MINI COOPER  [0.00]
2011 KIA SORENTO  [0.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd__m4 View Post
Nicely done, the steering wheel is a do-able DIY! Only need a Torx T20/T25 (forget which) and a pick to pull a couple connectors.
Great Job! I agree with JD_m4. You can do them DIY. I just did the M2 CS Alcantara, M1/M2 buttons, CF Paddle shifter today. You just need T20 Torx, Phillip screwdriver (this is needed for M1/M2) 16mm Impact Socket with wrench, 10mm to disconnect the battery. I think this guy did one of the best DIY detailed step by step steering wheel install.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:36 PM   #71
izzym3
Major
izzym3's Avatar
United_States
392
Rep
1,060
Posts

Drives: M3C'18/MX-5Club'20/MacanGTS'21
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southbay

iTrader: (3)

No BMW OEM to see here.

I went with covers for value. I was gonna go with V2 but I had that on my previous OGM2 and I honestly thought the grip was too hard for daily and the inconsistent grip circumference around was not okay for me. I was going to go with M2CS steering but I wanted the blue strip and was not too sure of the huge grip. So I ended up stitching this cover from Amazon as it had great reviews. Feel and quality of leather and suede is really good.
- Steering wheel cover (love how this turned out and feels awesome in hand)
- Steering wheel trim cover (I wanted to keep the m logo versus m performance logo)
- DCT dry carbon shift cover and surround.
- Replica aluminum pedals
- Blue push buttons

I used thin double sided tape with 3M accelerator and heat to get a great adhesion.

Fit and quality is around 8 to 9 out of 10 IMO.
I'm satisfied now with my interior.

I did dump the handbrake CF, It had a CF joint line on top and I did not like the feel which is thinner circumference versus OEM leather.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 11:35 PM   #72
M3nmotion18
Lieutenant
M3nmotion18's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 MINI COOPER  [0.00]
2011 KIA SORENTO  [0.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [0.00]
Still need to get:

CF Seat Backs : EAS, Kies or Eventuri...? not sure...

Waiting two Dinmann CF interior parts:
-Rear Carbon Center W/Heated option
-Carbon Front passenger Side Grille

Probably switch to Pedal Haus - Black Anodized With M Logo
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #73
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
Imperial328i's Avatar
United_States
209
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Black Forest Industries heavy weight shift knob
Attached Images
   
__________________
2017 F80 ZCP - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 04:59 PM   #74
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
TakeOne's Avatar
United_States
189
Rep
611
Posts

Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mid-atlantic

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nmotion18 View Post
I'll take a pictures and post them later today. You are actually replacing all the Black stock rings with New rings made with CF.
First things first:
Shout out to M3nmotion18 for the inspiration.

This is not my ONLY interior mod, but it is my latest. A beautiful custom piece by DINMANN for both the M3 and M4 interior. Carbon Fiber Speaker grills. I really love how this subtle piece really accentuates the door panel and ties in other piece of the interior together. Just a trim removal tool and 5 minutes is all you need. Shot a quick how to video and for contact information on the vendor. Enjoy!
Attached Images
  
__________________
Stage 1 - 11.7 @123mph, Stage 2 - 11.4 @126mph
Full E85 - 11.4 @130mph, Pure Turbos - 10.8 @134mph
https://www.youtube.com/just1moremod
https://www.instagram.com/just1moremod/
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #75
mike082802
Captain
53
Rep
749
Posts

Drives: 2010 135
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ny

iTrader: (2)

steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzym3 View Post
No BMW OEM to see here.

I went with covers for value. I was gonna go with V2 but I had that on my previous OGM2 and I honestly thought the grip was too hard for daily and the inconsistent grip circumference around was not okay for me. I was going to go with M2CS steering but I wanted the blue strip and was not too sure of the huge grip. So I ended up stitching this cover from Amazon as it had great reviews. Feel and quality of leather and suede is really good.
- Steering wheel cover (love how this turned out and feels awesome in hand)
- Steering wheel trim cover (I wanted to keep the m logo versus m performance logo)
- DCT dry carbon shift cover and surround.
- Replica aluminum pedals
- Blue push buttons

I used thin double sided tape with 3M accelerator and heat to get a great adhesion.

Fit and quality is around 8 to 9 out of 10 IMO.
I'm satisfied now with my interior.

I did dump the handbrake CF, It had a CF joint line on top and I did not like the feel which is thinner circumference versus OEM leather.
can you share a link for the steering wheel cover from amazon please. also what did you use the double sided tape for?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 08:54 PM   #76
izzym3
Major
izzym3's Avatar
United_States
392
Rep
1,060
Posts

Drives: M3C'18/MX-5Club'20/MacanGTS'21
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southbay

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
can you share a link for the steering wheel cover from amazon please. also what did you use the double sided tape for?
thanks
Steering cover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Tutorial for steering cover


Sorry if it's confusing. Although some instructions show using double sided tape I did not use any assembling the steering cover itself only on the CF steering trim as some complained that it won't stick permanently.

When stitching it I suggest to double the thread for easier threading and better result.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 10:46 PM   #77
Ducguy46
CLTMCarGuy
United_States
217
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: Z3M Roadster, Z4M Coupe, M3G80
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Blue interior to match voodoo blue engine mods and calipers
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 10:51 PM   #78
Ssavalon
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducguy46 View Post
Blue interior to match voodoo blue engine mods and calipers
What is your steering wheel brand?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST