Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

11-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
TCom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Coding after iLevel update

I had used Bimmercode in the past to do some basic coding on my F80. While in for service the other day they updated my software to F020-21-11-510. I've gotten most things set back the way they were but I cannot find his to turn off the initial warning screen.

The Audio/i Drive section of Bimmercode is greyed out. I don't recall this on the older iLevel software but it's been a while. Is it possible to do video in motion and configure full screen car play from Bimmercode (car has carplay enabled)?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCom View Post
I had used Bimmercode in the past to do some basic coding on my F80. While in for service the other day they updated my software to F020-21-11-510. I've gotten most things set back the way they were but I cannot find his to turn off the initial warning screen.

The Audio/i Drive section of Bimmercode is greyed out. I don't recall this on the older iLevel software but it's been a while. Is it possible to do video in motion and configure full screen car play from Bimmercode (car has carplay enabled)?
Probably Bimmercode is not updated that's why you can't enable fullscreen.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
TCom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion I will check. I was meaning to PM you anyway as the NBTEVO version on the car is now NBTevo_Y21272I and in looking at your site I don't see Y listed. Is it compatible with coding at this time?

Is there a resource that shows all the release notes for the different NBTEVO and iLevel versions for the F80? I wanted to do some comparison reading and can't find anything about the version and their changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCom View Post
Thanks for the suggestion I will check. I was meaning to PM you anyway as the NBTEVO version on the car is now NBTevo_Y21272I and in looking at your site I don't see Y listed. Is it compatible with coding at this time?

Is there a resource that shows all the release notes for the different NBTEVO and iLevel versions for the F80? I wanted to do some comparison reading and can't find anything about the version and their changes.
Yes, it's compatible. It's also listed as compatible version.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #5
TCom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
You were correct. Updating it fixed it thanks!

Last edited by TCom; 11-24-2021 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0