Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

12-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #45
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Not sure what it means for you guys, but you are definitely in the minority. And I don’t mean just on this forum, but out in the wild too.
There’s a charm about the Gulia Quad that really emanates from it. The dichotomy between the two performance wise is really splitting hairs...and true for all the cars in this segment really. But the Alfa and the AMG just have something that makes driving them more of an event for me. Given you can get a new Qud for around 65-70k, it also represents a lot of value for the performance it delivers. Surely as much as an M4 CS for about 40-50K less (but those are very overpriced and underperforming for the money).
I will tell you my 911.2S and 718 GTS are hard to compete with in terms of performance and driving pleasure, but at the levels any of these cars perform, its down to what it feels like and the Alfa is right there with those two cars in terms of how much of an event it is. I didn’t quite buy in to the hype of the car but after a longer drive in one, it is just a fun car that drives well and delivers an emotion aspect nothing else does for this segment save for the AMGs. It is more incredible to think that this car in my opinion was rushed to market given the short time frame Alfa set to deliver. Just imagine if they had taken another 6-12 months. For an initial entrance, this was certainly a very good one.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 12-24-2018 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
mcc3456332.00
      12-24-2018, 06:42 PM   #46
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Not sure what it means for you guys, but you are definitely in the minority. And I don't mean just on this forum, but out in the wild too.
There's a charm about the Gulia Quad that really emanates from it. The dichotomy between the two performance wise is really splitting hairs...and true for all the cars in this segment really. But the Alfa and the AMG just have something that makes driving them more of an event for me. Given you can get a new Qud for around 65-70k, it also represents a lot of value for the performance it delivers. Surely as much as an M4 CS for about 40-50K less (but those are very overpriced and underperforming for the money).
I will tell you my 911.2S and 718 GTS are hard to compete with in terms of performance and driving pleasure, but at the levels any of these cars perform, its down to what it feels like and the Alfa is right there with those two cars in terms of how much of an event it is. I didn't quite buy in to the hype of the car but after a longer drive in one, it is just a fun car that drives well and delivers an emotion aspect nothing else does for this segment save for the AMGs. It is more incredible to think that this car in my opinion was rushed to market given the short time frame Alfa set to deliver. Just imagine if they had taken another 6-12 months. For an initial entrance, this was certainly a very good one.
I honestly wouldn't mind buying an M4 CS but their pricing strategy didn't make sense at all. I'll probably look for one at an auction in a year or so. M4 CS in San Merino blue..... Mmmmm Mmmmm.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 08:37 PM   #47
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind buying an M4 CS but their pricing strategy didn't make sense at all. I'll probably look for one at an auction in a year or so. M4 CS in San Merino blue..... Mmmmm Mmmmm.
Not a bad color at all - but I prefer something like Meerblau from Porsche’s PTS. I wouldn’t buy a CS at 100-125 like some of them are priced. There was one in Jupiter Florida with 97 miles that had taken a 36k hit already and sold for high 80s. For that money (125) you can have a 991.2 GTS which is a much better car. I’d choose a Carrera T over it too for 100K (110k msrp) which I’m contemplating buying. Even in BMW M world, I’d choose an M4 GTS for 80k over one.
As for the Alfa, with the discounts on them, it’s a lot of car for the money. I also looked at a trofeo White with carbon buckets and ceramics with a 90k msrp and can have that for 75k and hear there will be additional incentives on 12/26 based on my Alfa guys note.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 12-24-2018 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #48
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Not a bad color at all - but I prefer something like Meerblau from Porsche’s PTS. I wouldn’t buy a CS at 100-125 like some of them are priced. There was one in Jupiter Florida with 97 miles that had taken a 36k hit already and sold for high 80s. For that money (125) you can have a 991.2 GTS which is a much better car. I’d choose a Carrera T over it too for 100K (110k msrp) which I’m contemplating buying. Even in BMW M world, I’d choose an M4 GTS for 80k over one.
As for the Alfa, with the discounts on them, it’s a lot of car for the money. I also looked at a trofeo White with carbon buckets and ceramics with a 90k msrp and can have that for 75k and here there will be additional incentives on 12/26 based on my Alfa guys note.
Go for the Alfa. You will not be disappointed.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      12-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #49
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Go for the Alfa. You will not be disappointed.
I agree.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #50
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

Quote:
Very suitable analogy. Yes, the Alfa Quad certainly does just have a charm about it that the current M3 doesn’t. There’s just something so intangible about the way it looks and goes about driving that IMO nothing else besides the AMGs have in this segment.
I am not sure if you realize that the alfa Interior and other adjust ability is really already looking old and this is fairly a brand new car, if you watched my videos I loved the Alfa and even in some parts I said it is a better overall dirver's car but it is not a better car than the M3/M4 in any ways, /the M cars are more refined, Sublime and looks so good. The question is will I buy the Alfa for a daily Driver, No¬ My second M4 have proved to be a perfect daily car with all respect for haters and people who complains about the seats and the car stiffness, the M3 still the king of sports car in this segment, and if money is not an issue probably the Carrera GTS is one step above.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #51
robocop-m3
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

This is typical for italian cars. Emotionality is the most important factor while developing cars.
I think everyone is aware of the ugliness of most Fiats and Alfas and their miserable quality.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #52
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorleb View Post
I am not sure if you realize that the alfa Interior and other adjust ability is really already looking old and this is fairly a brand new car, if you watched my videos I loved the Alfa and even in some parts I said it is a better overall dirver's car but it is not a better car than the M3/M4 in any ways, /the M cars are more refined, Sublime and looks so good. The question is will I buy the Alfa for a daily Driver, No¬ My second M4 have proved to be a perfect daily car with all respect for haters and people who complains about the seats and the car stiffness, the M3 still the king of sports car in this segment, and if money is not an issue probably the Carrera GTS is one step above.
I have spent plenty of time in the Alfa. I realize it is not a tech leading car - at the same time I think BMW has taken to implementing so much tech in their cars (and many times rather trivial stuff that doesn’t work well) that it has taken away from their ability to make a good driving car. I owned both an F80 M3 and an F80 M4 but would choose the Alfa over either for what they offer in terms of sheer driving pleasure - which is where I see the Alfa as the more refined driving car (suspension, engine, steering).
I also think the m3/4 look quite long in the tooth at this point. I see tons on M3/4 every day. They are quite common around here so the Alfa is a bit of fresh air. It is not my favorite car, but I do find it to be a great car for the price.
I already have a Carrera S, Macan GTS, and a 718 GTS and these cars in terms of driving dynamics, driving pleasure, and refinement is hard to beat in these cars. Yes a Carrera GTS is a few steps above.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 12-26-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      12-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #53
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:
I have spent plenty of time in the Alfa. I realize it is not a tech leading car - at the same time I think BMW has taken to implementing so much tech in their cars (and many times rather trivial stuff that doesn’t work well) that it has taken away from their ability to make a good driving car. I owned both an F80 M3 and an F80 M4 but would choose the Alfa over either for what they offer in terms of sheer driving pleasure - which is where I see the Alfa as the more refined driving car (suspension, engine, steering).
I also think the m3/4 look quite long in the tooth at this point. I see tons on M3/4 every day. They are quite common around here so the Alfa is a bit of fresh air. It is not my favorite car, but I do find it to be a great car for the price.
I already have a Carrera S, Macan GTS, and a 718 GTS and these cars in terms of driving dynamics, driving pleasure, and refinement is hard to beat in these cars. Yes a Carrera GTS is a few steps above.
Bro, we get it, you like Porsche’s.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #54
mbiondo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera 4S (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop-m3 View Post
I think everyone is aware of the ugliness of most Fiats and Alfas and their miserable quality.
You're joking, right? We can argue reliability and quality all day long, but this? You expose your ignorance in statements like these.
Appreciate 2
mcc3456332.00
      12-29-2018, 04:24 AM   #55
robocop-m3
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

That is only my opinion.
I was sitting in a 2 years old sedan. The leather seats were worn, the material quality is quite low and the multi media system and its resolution is a joke for a modern car.
Overall it does not make sense to think about buying this car.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #56
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop-m3 View Post
That is only my opinion.
I was sitting in a 2 years old sedan. The leather seats were worn, the material quality is quite low and the multi media system and its resolution is a joke for a modern car.
Overall it does not make sense to think about buying this car.
Dear Friend, As you saw from my posts and my YouTube Channel I am not bias or FanBoy of any brand, I respect people who are but for me I dont see why should I am be one of them, the Company aint gonna pay me anything and even if they does I won't sugar coating people and facts just because I am gonna paid for promoting them.

That being said I am M4 owner and this is my second M4 since 2016 and I drove and owned many cars and to be frankly speaking with you, M cars leather quality, softness and wearing is the best in comparison with others, I am not sure what u are wearing and how you are entering and exiting tour car, at the end of the day this is leather made from Animal Skin and Now some High Tech Futuristic material that is Anti-wearing etc
Appreciate 1
THEROK1267.50
      01-01-2019, 02:10 AM   #57
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have spent plenty of time in the Alfa. I realize it is not a tech leading car - at the same time I think BMW has taken to implementing so much tech in their cars (and many times rather trivial stuff that doesn't work well) that it has taken away from their ability to make a good driving car. I owned both an F80 M3 and an F80 M4 but would choose the Alfa over either for what they offer in terms of sheer driving pleasure - which is where I see the Alfa as the more refined driving car (suspension, engine, steering).
Bro, we get it, you like Porsche's.
This guy is such a BMW troll it is nothing short of obnoxious - ban is definitely in order.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 03:11 AM   #58
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Blah, blah, blah. M3 FTW.
GERMAN M34181.00
WIKDF80292.50
      01-09-2019, 01:20 AM   #59
BMWM4MW
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
M3 is better agree but Alfa sounds better
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #60
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
This guy is such a BMW troll it is nothing short of obnoxious - ban is definitely in order.
Maybe I'm mistaken and I don't visit this board often so don't know what else he said but how can you be a "BMW troll" on a BMW fan forum?

Trolling involves posting digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages. So if any trolling going on (and for the record, I don't think there is), it's more those who regularly post in a BMW fan board boasting about other brands, such as Porsche or Alfa, and mostly talking down BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #61
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4MW View Post
M3 is better agree but Alfa sounds better
Also true
      02-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #62
Debtm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
To some.
I can buy any car I please and after many test drives in the Alfa I still prefer the m3... now that I have a cs I think the gap widens much more! Plus i will never pick a Torque converter automatic over a proper dual clutch!

Last edited by Debtm3; 02-07-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #63
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

I’ve owned 3 M3s an M4 and an Nring Quadrifoglio over the years. The order is like this IMO for many many reasons. Including the most important of all. Which one is best to drive.

1. Quad hands down
2. E46 M3
3. E90 M3
4. F80 M4 comp
5. F80 M3

Numbers 4 and 5 are a distant 4 and 5 also. Really not even close.

Last edited by YKIGI; 08-06-2022 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0