Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-24-2021, 11:09 PM   #111
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Hahaha if you’re single or have domination over your kids and wife, then you should do it. I’m married with kids and I have no power in this relationship so I think I’ll never been able to wrap it again due to the time it takes. Hahahahhahah
Oh yah I’ve got the time and no SO to worry about right now. Now I’ve just got to decide on color - got a couple more samples coming in. Based on pics I think I’m heavily leaning green/black iridescent, so I’ll have to wait til that sample comes thru
      04-24-2021, 11:17 PM   #112
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Oh yah I’ve got the time and no SO to worry about right now. Now I’ve just got to decide on color - got a couple more samples coming in. Based on pics I think I’m heavily leaning green/black iridescent, so I’ll have to wait til that sample comes thru
Too bad those samples aren’t bigger. Those small samples really cant give you a good indication of how it will look covered on large swaths.

One key tip, especially if you have a beater car, Id put the car on jack stands, take off the wheels and the front bumper, rear bumper, fenders and fender liners and side skirts, if I were to do it again.

Buy at least two of these: ABN Portable Workbench Folding... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RRQYDD4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Appreciate 1
RugbyBro7601.50
      04-24-2021, 11:32 PM   #113
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Too bad those samples aren’t bigger. Those small samples really cant give you a good indication of how it will look covered on large swaths.

One key tip, especially if you have a beater car, Id put the car on jack stands, take off the wheels and the front bumper, rear bumper, fenders and fender liners and side skirts, if I were to do it again.

Buy at least two of these: ABN Portable Workbench Folding... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RRQYDD4...p_mob_ap_share
Yeah I’m out on the Fiery Orange - thought it would be more red like Sakhir but it’s much more orange, like sunset orange. The Dark Green Pearl looks exactly like IOMG of G8X, so I’m thinking about that a little bit - don’t know that it beats out green/black tho

Oh yah i would def take the bumpers and liners off. Fairly familiar with the process as I’ve had them off more times than I would have liked lol.
      12-08-2023, 12:25 AM   #114
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Hey all! I have an update! I sold the F80, but got into an e46 M3 and wrapped that as well! Take a look https://e46m3.bimmerpost.com/forums/....php?t=2066949
Appreciate 0