EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-04-2022, 10:12 AM   #23
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialEdition_F87 View Post
Thank you, However the Thread link seems to be broken
I fixed it
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #24
carbon-14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
Wheres the best place to purchase the EU5 injectors at a good price and whats the fuel flow increase over the stock s55 injectors. And are they really just drop in?
FCP Euro.

There is an option for EU5 injectors in BM3.

Dorch HPFP was just installed…. I looked through BM3 & I don't remember seeing an F10/EU5 option for injectors.

I remember seeing threads saying the need to use ISTA to code each individual injector when going to EU5's.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #25
Gray-M4-COMP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon-14 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wheres the best place to purchase the EU5 injectors at a good price and whats the fuel flow increase over the stock s55 injectors. And are they really just drop in?
FCP Euro.

Dorch HPFP was just installed…. I looked through BM3 & I don't remember seeing an F10/EU5 option for injectors.

I remember seeing threads saying the need to use ISTA to code each individual injector when going to EU5's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon-14 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
FCP Euro.

It's there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 03:31 PM   #26
Demxsr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
With BM3 MultiMap and the sensor you just fill and go. No need to stop at E50 or bother mixing, just fill with E85 whenever possible. That keeps the stink lowest.
Do we know if flex map at full E85 is more power than lower blends (like e30-e60) on a stock S55? I've heard lower E blends offer higher power capacity on engines bottlenecked by fueling. Seems like people running full E85 want EU5 and HPFP. I don't have either and it would be nice if stock S55's on OTS full E85 are actually at max power. I believe the chart below is for B58
Attached Images

Last edited by Demxsr; 12-04-2022 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 03:41 PM   #27
Demxsr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you want to be extra careful, run Hot Shots LX4 on full E85. It will add lubrication to the dry ethanol fuel to help preserve your injectors and seals. If you want another layer of protection, install the Bend Calibration flex fuel filter only kit.

Always run a full tank of pump gas every 1500 miles if you are running E85 full time. Otherwise, you'll kill your injectors and/or HPFP.
Do you think a catch can helps protect from all the water and other crap that degrades the engine oil faster with higher E ratios?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 06:08 PM   #28
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demxsr View Post
Quote:
If you want to be extra careful, run Hot Shots LX4 on full E85. It will add lubrication to the dry ethanol fuel to help preserve your injectors and seals. If you want another layer of protection, install the Bend Calibration flex fuel filter only kit.

Always run a full tank of pump gas every 1500 miles if you are running E85 full time. Otherwise, you'll kill your injectors and/or HPFP.
Do you think a catch can helps protect from all the water and other crap that degrades the engine oil faster with higher E ratios?
A catch can will help. My OCC catches quite a bit of water.

There is no substitute for more frequent oil changes using a LL-01 5w-40 such as Xcess Gen 2. You'll need to change your oil twice as frequently using E85.

Also, you need to make sure your oil temps frequently see above 212f (226f is operating temperature in Sport mode).

I don't use Sport Plus as frequently since I want all of that water to burn off and Sport Plus doesn't get the engine oil hot enough to do that.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

Appreciate 1
RSXDC5707.00
      12-04-2022, 06:10 PM   #29
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
With BM3 MultiMap and the sensor you just fill and go. No need to stop at E50 or bother mixing, just fill with E85 whenever possible. That keeps the stink lowest.
Do we know if flex map at full E85 is more power than lower blends (like e30-e60) on a stock S55? I've heard lower E blends offer higher power capacity on engines bottlenecked by fueling. Seems like people running full E85 want EU5 and HPFP. I don't have either and it would be nice if stock S55's on OTS full E85 are actually at max power. I believe the chart below is for B58
You get max power on full E85 on stock fueling and stock turbos.

Upgrade HPFP and EU5 if you want to play it safe with more fuel overhead. However the stock system CAN run full E85 and hit near 600 whp on a custom tune.

Appreciate 1
RSXDC5707.00
      12-04-2022, 11:56 PM   #30
Gray-M4-COMP
Private
United_States
Rep

You think my injectors and pump and oil will be safe on a max e 50 blend?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 12:15 AM   #31
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray-M4-COMP View Post
You think my injectors and pump and oil will be safe on a max e 50 blend?
You'll be sacrificing a bit of power on E50 since the map scales boost and timing from E0 - E85 with max power being at full E85 levels.

The upside is you won't be working your fuel system as hard.

The most important thing is to find a E85 station that is always full of customers. Less chance you'll encounter bad E85 with dirt/water contamination which would lead to injector issues.

Appreciate 2
      12-05-2022, 12:26 AM   #32
Gray-M4-COMP
Private
United_States
Rep

When I go on e I'll let you guys know if I have any issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 02:00 AM   #33
Demxsr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You'll be sacrificing a bit of power on E50 since the map scales boost and timing from E0 - E85 with max power being at full E85 levels.

The most important thing is to find a E85 station that is always full of customers. Less chance you'll encounter bad E85 with dirt/water contamination which would lead to injector issues.
This is a good point. The filter you mentioned earlier will prevent issues from this? I'm lucky to have an E85 pump near me, but I'm in an area that I'm sure it doesn't get used as often as busy cities, and never thought about the risks of that. Doing a test kit on it won't show any of these issues either will it?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 09:18 AM   #34
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is a good point. The filter you mentioned earlier will prevent issues from this? I'm lucky to have an E85 pump near me, but I'm in an area that I'm sure it doesn't get used as often as busy cities, and never thought about the risks of that. Doing a test kit on it won't show any of these issues either will it?
I would test the fuel using an ethanol content analyzer to see what the real ethanol reading is. Winter blends will be lower compared to summer blends. It should be at least E50 during the winter.

The fuel filter will solve the dirt contamination issue, but not if it's contaminated with water. You'll also want to order an extra filter as these require changing every 10,000 miles.

https://www.bendcalibration.com/shop...ilter-only-kit

Appreciate 4
Demxsr148.50
RSXDC5707.00
      12-11-2022, 02:19 PM   #35
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Hey guys,

I have a 2018 M4 DCT. I plan on adding the BM3 flexfuel kit along with flashing the car to MultiMap stage 2 and running it on Map 3: 93 octane

Mods:
Catless downpipes
BM3 Stage 2 93
AA single res
MPE muffler
K&n drop on filters
(Plan on doing chargepipe and j pipe)
Crankhub getting upgraded next week.

I've never had E before so I figured I would try it out. Also the smell is better than 93. I plan on running a max blend of ~E50, all the way down to regular 93 pump if I cannot reach an e85 station. Will the tune allow the engine to operate healthy within these parameters?

Should I stick to just measuring out the e% and run the stage 2 e30 and flash back to 93? (It becomes such a headache)

Essentially what I'm looking for are any issues correlated with this tune. Is there anything that I should worry about. This is my daily driver. The reason I ask is because I was reading a flex fuel kit forum for the n55, not realizing it wasn't for the s55. Some guys in that forum were talking about issues with timing, boost, etc / tune not running great because it has to adjust for the ethanol content.

I don't plan on running above e50, since I do not yet have the supporting mods.

If anybody has some insight I would love to know.

Thanks!
N55 is shit with e85 thats why lol
      01-11-2023, 12:17 PM   #36
Gray-M4-COMP
Private
United_States
Rep

Just an update. Drive the car for 780 miles with 0 issues. Than one day I was just cruising on the highway and bang CEL and drivetrain malfunction warning. Car started blowing white smoke out the back and reeked of fuel. Car also went into limp mode and idk extremely rough.
Got codes for misfire in 4,5,6. Ended up replacing spark plugs and injectors. I’m pretty sure an injector got stuck open hence fuel dripping from my exhaust along with the extreme smell. Had to get an oil change along with this because of the amount of fuel dumped into it.
$1000 right there.

I always mantained a mix between 60-75%. I also daily drive the car. My tech told me to not daily drive with e. I’m pretty sure something clogged the injector and caused it to be stuck open. The car had over 35k miles and was on 93 her whole life so it makes sense that the e broke up the crap at the bottom of the tank or that the injector dried out. The e station that I go to is always busy so I don’t think it’s old fuel. It should have bought the bend calibration and maybe that would have avoided this issue if the injector did get stuck open because of debris.

Back on 93 now for the second day and everything runs fine. I hope cylinders 1,2,3 don’t take a shit. I was planning to do 93 flush every 1000 miles but I couldn’t even make to 1k😂. Don’t think I’m going to go back on any blend of e until I can find a bullitpoof way of running it. People say EU5 helps with e, but is it compatible with ethanol fuels. It’s a simple yes or no answer. People always say “no but it helps with flow and you’ll be fine”.

As always, there is a way to do it and then there is the right way to do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 09:09 AM   #37
DeezBluBallz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5, BMW M3

Quote:
Just an update. Drive the car for 780 miles with 0 issues. Than one day I was just cruising on the highway and bang CEL and drivetrain malfunction warning. Car started blowing white smoke out the back and reeked of fuel. Car also went into limp mode and idk extremely rough.
Got codes for misfire in 4,5,6. Ended up replacing spark plugs and injectors. I’m pretty sure an injector got stuck open hence fuel dripping from my exhaust along with the extreme smell. Had to get an oil change along with this because of the amount of fuel dumped into it.
$1000 right there.

I always mantained a mix between 60-75%. I also daily drive the car. My tech told me to not daily drive with e. I’m pretty sure something clogged the injector and caused it to be stuck open. The car had over 35k miles and was on 93 her whole life so it makes sense that the e broke up the crap at the bottom of the tank or that the injector dried out. The e station that I go to is always busy so I don’t think it’s old fuel. It should have bought the bend calibration and maybe that would have avoided this issue if the injector did get stuck open because of debris.

Back on 93 now for the second day and everything runs fine. I hope cylinders 1,2,3 don’t take a shit. I was planning to do 93 flush every 1000 miles but I couldn’t even make to 1k😂. Don’t think I’m going to go back on any blend of e until I can find a bullitpoof way of running it. People say EU5 helps with e, but is it compatible with ethanol fuels. It’s a simple yes or no answer. People always say “no but it helps with flow and you’ll be fine”.

As always, there is a way to do it and then there is the right way to do it.
Purchase the Ultimate Filter kit from Bend Calibration. That's what I did as a preventative step.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 09:15 AM   #38
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Quote:
You get max power on full E85 on stock fueling and stock turbos.

Upgrade HPFP and EU5 if you want to play it safe with more fuel overhead. However the stock system CAN run full E85 and hit near 600 whp on a custom tune.
Excuse me cannot understand.
I m running 800 hp with signature hardware.
I ve LPFP and BM3 device but not yet installed.
Loaded today 30% e85 on HCP custom map, everything overcame any scale
BMW M4 F83 Stage 3/4 - Akrapovic Skat DP, NO OPF, eVenturi Intake, Okada Coils, Kratos Turbos EVO, Dodson 1000 Nm Clutch Dct - Mishimoto IC, Water and Oil Coolers - CP Carillo Pistons - Arrow Connecting Rods - Reinforced bearings - Halim Cazimi HCP Software 2.0 bar Turbo - XHPFlashTool for DCT Stage 3+
Appreciate 0