ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-04-2023, 10:50 PM   #1
PacShakur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Followed by car on RT 32, thought it was a stolen car

Saturday evening on my way home from Columbia I was followed by a black Lexus as I was leaving interstate 95 and getting on Route 32 east towards Ft Meade. Initially I thought the person wanted to race as I get this all the time even in a 2015 F80 that I've owned since August of 2015. Person tailed me until I got off on the exit for route 175 towards Odenton as they were in the far left lane and jumped over to continue tailing me. As I got to the exit for Patuxent Road they followed me there too. So I made a U turn and with the intention of going to the Odenton Police Substation. They followed me there too.

Went into the station and got an officer to handle the situation. Learned that the person worked at Antwerpen (don't know which one) and sent their boss pics and video of my car as I was driving and the boss confirmed to him that my car was the M3 that was stolen. Now my car is not heavily modified but it does have a few carbon bits and a performance lip. Along with alumni vanity plates.

To the guy that followed me, next time you do this I might be carrying or the
person might be carrying. Also if the car was stolen why would I drive to a police station and inform the authorities. Third, why would I put alumni tags on a stolen vehicle. To your boss, he's an effing idiot. Having your employees try to be the law is dangerous and could end up costing someone more than finding a suspected stolen vehicle.

Think that as these cars get up in age, it allows people who initially could not afford them entry into them. That is with all cars and maybe I've out grown this one.
Appreciate 2
MSYm4116.00
cotmfk2045.00
      06-05-2023, 06:53 AM   #2
MSYm4
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CZP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
SMH….unbelievable story man. Glad you were okay and no one got harmed. Can’t believe the crap that goes on these days. Freakin morons man. You really think his story is legit?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 08:10 AM   #3
PacShakur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSYm4 View Post
SMH….unbelievable story man. Glad you were okay and no one got harmed. Can’t believe the crap that goes on these days. Freakin morons man. You really think his story is legit?
That is the story he told the officers on scene. Its just every time I drive the car its a magnet for racing and in this case a stolen vehicle.

I plan to call every Antwerpen dealership in the area to get to the bottom of this. Driving the X5M never an issue ever.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 08:59 AM   #4
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Wild story for sure! Glad that you are alright.

I'm assuming they probably wanted to steal your car, not report it was stolen. I think you did the right thing by going to the police station. I would check your car to make sure there are no GPS trackers on it now, though....

Also, as you mentioned, the price of these cars is coming down. It's getting into the roughest part of ownership - the value is the lowest, there are some out there with awful mods, etc. Have to have patience to get through that to the point where they start to move back up and become collectibles.