Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
Thanks. I don't stick to any one brand, I use whatever works. For that mustang I think I used M105 and M205. I've used Sonax, Griots, Menzerna, and others.
Same here. Have used several different brands, but the combination of various Meguiars compounds and their microfiber pads seems to always work very well.
Jescar correction compound as well as Sonax are also favorites of mine.
      02-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #24
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
Thanks. I don't stick to any one brand, I use whatever works. For that mustang I think I used M105 and M205. I've used Sonax, Griots, Menzerna, and others.
I've found Sonax Perfect Finish to be a great AIO liquid on BMW paint, good cut finish ratio with little dust problems.
Appreciate 2
SaMaster144421.50
GERMAN M34181.00
      02-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #25
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

the washing company is using the same nasty/dirty rags to wash your car, along with all the other cars. it's jus poor technique. wash your car yourself...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #26
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
the washing company is using the same nasty/dirty rags to wash your car, along with all the other cars. it's jus poor technique. wash your car yourself...
This is why I was so surprised. The wash was from the hand wash in my office building. They're never in a rush to get cars washed because they only take cars up until noon and have until like 5pm to finish, so it's not at all like a normal car wash where they need to get a car finished quickly to get to another customer - I left the car around 8:30/9am and they brought my keys up to my firm's floor around 4pm.

Overall, I would compare this hand wash to a mobile detailer/hand washer than a normal "car wash" based on their business model/operations.

Must be that they're using the exact same cloths on every car they do for a day and simply being lazy/negligent...
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:10 AM   #27
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
This is why I was so surprised. The wash was from the hand wash in my office building. They're never in a rush to get cars washed because they only take cars up until noon and have until like 5pm to finish, so it's not at all like a normal car wash where they need to get a car finished quickly to get to another customer - I left the car around 8:30/9am and they brought my keys up to my firm's floor around 4pm.

Overall, I would compare this hand wash to a mobile detailer/hand washer than a normal "car wash" based on their business model/operations.

Must be that they're using the exact same cloths on every car they do for a day and simply being lazy/negligent...
Park facing the wash bay and film them washing a car, let's see them do it

Ceramic coating helps to prevent the dirt from sticking onto the paint and wheels. After foaming the car with pre-wash foam and pressure washing it, my car is mostly clean so I do not drag dirt when washing it with a mitt and two-bucket method. When rinsing the car off, it allows the clean water to do this, making it easier and safer to dry as you don't have to touch the paint as much with your drying towel(s) and quick detailer. And ultimately, you spend less time cleaning the damn car.

02-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #28
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

OP I would be sick about that too. Mineral gray would hide swirls and that blue is going to show them so you have to be extra careful.

Here's what I do. Buy a high-quality wash mitt and put it in a Ziploc. Griots care care products makes a towel specifically for drying cars and it changed my life. BUY ONE!! When you drop your car off give your mitt and towel to your wash guy and instruct them to use those ONLY on your car. That along with a fresh bucket of water. Hopefully he knows enough to start at the top and work his way down to the extra dirty parts. Instruct him to use his own mitt on the wheels. Throw him an upfront decent tip and you should be good.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144421.50