Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

08-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
thoth18
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Bad 666 Alloy repair at Sytner dealer

hi all, I've had my 666M alloy diamond cut repaired at Sytner Solihull in . I only had damage on the outside (silver section of the wheel), but following the cut, which they attempted twice! they have introduced chippings on all the black cut sections all the way around the alloy. They've also caused some more damage to the edges trying to fix a bad repair job the first time, and circular lines all the way around.

They changed their diamond tip after the first attempt, which suggests it was not up to the task.

The body shop manager claims that this is normal. I appreciate that a "factory look" will not be achieved but to add new damage where there was none before is unacceptable. Any thoughts or experience will be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

tape it off and paint it, done

sell those as used, buy a new one on their wholesale discount, and only come ouot of pocket a couple hundred for new wheels.

From the looks of the wheels in those pics, they are already beat up a bit
Appreciate 0