Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #155
RockinRyan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3- Dinan S2-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkborn View Post
I like this thread Lol, I'm a Cop/5-O/Pig/Onetime/whatever u call them from your hood. I would respond to some of u but, that would be counterproductive. Especially if u were never in law enforcement or as least was a spouse to one. Then maybe u all would understand. But I'm a believer that u are entitle to your opinions, but please be factual in your response.
Well, you have MY respect, straight up. This is verging off topic, but it pisses me off that we live in a society where the most crucial roles are paid and respected the least. Teachers and law enforcement come to mind first. Police LITERALLY put their lives on the line every day, get paid very poorly and generally just take shit for their service. Yes, there are some officers with chips on their shoulders, just like with any other profession or categorization of people, but the stereotypes and prejudice serve no one. People treat police like fair weather friends, and expect them to come to their rescue when needed (and immediately), and go away when it's an inconvenience. You can't have it both ways.

I never get angry at an officer when I'm stopped or ticketed. That's my doing. We all should own our own shit. (I'm just thinking to avoid a flashing light on my roof that says, "hey look at me! I like to drive fast!") Many days I drive slow and challenge myself to see how high I can get my mileage. Hopefully on days when I pass speed traps!

All that said, this thread is still helpful for me, and I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you, sincerely.

RR
Appreciate 3
      11-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #156
Bkborn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRyan View Post
Well, you have MY respect, straight up. This is verging off topic, but it pisses me off that we live in a society where the most crucial roles are paid and respected the least. Teachers and law enforcement come to mind first. Police LITERALLY put their lives on the line every day, get paid very poorly and generally just take shit for their service. Yes, there are some officers with chips on their shoulders, just like with any other profession or categorization of people, but the stereotypes and prejudice serve no one. People treat police like fair weather friends, and expect them to come to their rescue when needed (and immediately), and go away when it's an inconvenience. You can't have it both ways.

I never get angry at an officer when I'm stopped or ticketed. That's my doing. We all should own our own shit. (I'm just thinking to avoid a flashing light on my roof that says, "hey look at me! I like to drive fast!") Many days I drive slow and challenge myself to see how high I can get my mileage. Hopefully on days when I pass speed traps!

All that said, this thread is still helpful for me, and I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you, sincerely.

RR

I respect anyone that understands the difficulties involving Police work. I'm just like Most of u, I joined the site to gain knowledge about one of the Best cars ever made, the BMW M3, now since I own one, and, it's my first BMW by the way. The more I hear stories about how good the older M3's are. I should of owned one sooner. I didn't even want to tell u all I was an Officer. Some people hear that, and u can tell they go from being cool to a little uncomfortable. that's why I don't socialize to much with the general public cause some people as u know don't bring any good to the table. Just remember not all Cops are Bad and the one's that are, get fired or even thrown in jail eventually. Writing tickets, arresting Criminals, Doing accident reports, Helping Older people that fell out of bed, etc..are part of the job, no different than any other profession that have a job description involving their type of work. I understand what I do is not for everyone, but I'm willing to help anyone with a legitimate or honest question. Just don't ask me to help u get out of a murder.

Last edited by Bkborn; 11-09-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
      11-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #157
elias
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I have been very careful about my driving but having a RD has helped me as well. I did get pulled over because of the RD but the cop gave me a warning
And told me to put it away. RD are illegal in Va.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #158
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
I have been very careful about my driving but having a RD has helped me as well. I did get pulled over because of the RD but the cop gave me a warning
And told me to put it away. RD are illegal in Va.
One of the dumbest laws here, followed by property tax on automobiles/boats.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #159
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkborn View Post
I respect anyone that understands the difficulties involving Police work. I'm just like Most of u, I joined the site to gain knowledge about one of the Best cars ever made, the BMW M3, now since I own one, and, it's my first BMW by the way. The more I hear stories about how good the older M3's are. I should of owned one sooner. I didn't even want to tell u all I was an Officer. Some people hear that, and u can tell they go from being cool to a little uncomfortable. that's why I don't socialize to much with the general public cause some people as u know don't bring any good to the table. Just remember not all Cops are Bad and the one's that are, get fired or even thrown in jail eventually. Writing tickets, arresting Criminals, Doing accident reports, Helping Older people that fell out of bed, etc..are part of the job, no different than any other profession that have a job description involving their type of work. I understand what I do is not for everyone, but I'm willing to help anyone with a legitimate or honest question. Just don't ask me to help u get out of a murder.
And your car is white, not YMB/AY/SO. Maybe that gives OP some hint for his question.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #160
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List

So this past Sunday (11/8) I was entering I-95 from Commerical BLVD headed to "Cars and Coffee" in Palm Beach. I entered the highway around 9 AM.

Right before getting on the highway, I turn up the volume on my Valentine 1 to the highest settings and turn it on and off. Just as a precaution that shes up and running, activate M1 settings, and let her rip. At this point, I'm starting to get on it.

Within about a mile up the road I notice 3 state troopers just pulled over to the left shoulder of the road. I Immediatley slowed down to about 70 mph, thinking I was in the clear, but my rader never went off. As I passed the troopers, one pulls up behind me and pulled me over.

I pulled over immediately. I opened my windows opened completely, and lowered my rear sunshade ( I've heard it keeps cops calm to be able to see into a car clearly as they approach ) and had my hands clearly visisble on the upper left side of my steering wheel. The officer goes to me " Any idea why you're pulled over.... the plane radaring in the sky clocked you at 105 mph"

I handed him my info, and was as apologetic as I could've possibly been in hopes that he goes easy on me.

He comes back to my car with a ticket for 105 in a 65. Hits me with a "nice color though"

I guess he's just doing his job, and I shouldn't have been ripping it that hard and been more responsible.. but I hoped being cooperative and doing things the right way would've paid off a little better for me..

Drive safe everyone.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #161
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP

So this past Sunday (11/8) I was entering I-95 from Commerical BLVD headed to "Cars and Coffee" in Palm Beach. I entered the highway around 9 AM.

Right before getting on the highway, I turn up the volume on my Valentine 1 to the highest settings and turn it on and off. Just as a precaution that shes up and running, activate M1 settings, and let her rip. At this point, I'm starting to get on it.

Within about a mile up the road I notice 3 state troopers just pulled over to the left shoulder of the road. I Immediatley slowed down to about 70 mph, thinking I was in the clear, but my rader never went off. As I passed the troopers, one pulls up behind me and pulled me over.

I pulled over immediately. I opened my windows opened completely, and lowered my rear sunshade ( I've heard it keeps cops calm to be able to see into a car clearly as they approach ) and had my hands clearly visisble on the upper left side of my steering wheel. The officer goes to me " Any idea why you're pulled over.... the plane radaring in the sky clocked you at 105 mph"

I handed him my info, and was as apologetic as I could've possibly been in hopes that he goes easy on me.

He comes back to my car with a ticket for 105 in a 65. Hits me with a "nice color though"

I guess he's just doing his job, and I shouldn't have been ripping it that hard and been more responsible.. but I hoped being cooperative and doing things the right way would've paid off a little better for me..

Drive safe everyone.
This is why we can't have nice things.
      11-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #162
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

It pays to look good and you are definitely rolling around in a color that just stands out!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #163
TJS///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 in Imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP View Post

Drive safe everyone.
I think it's amusing that he says "Any idea why you're pulled over?" And then tells you - "you got clocked at 105mph". Sure, he is just doing his job, and you made it easy for him. Obviously his job that day was revenue generation and he wasn't going to give even the respectful people any breaks. 105 in a 65 though.. isn't that a mandatory court date?
2005 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Interlagos/Cinnamon - Sold
1990 E30 M3 Brilliant Red with Natural - Sold What was I thinking?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:42 AM   #164
Hobbination
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW
Drove my sparkling graphite 335xi for 6 years without a ticket of any kind. Have my YMB M3 for 4 weeks and BAM, speeding ticket. Unmarked state trooper in black Camaro got me. I was just behind the pack going the same speed but was just far enough back apparently that she chose me. And why not with such a nice color that stands out from the rest of the silver and whites of the world. When I brought the car home the first words out of my wife's mouth were "that thing is a ticket magnet". Gonna suck going home to tell the wife she was right
Same thing happened to me stuck behind a mini van, cop chose me... Also YAS
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #165
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3 View Post
I think it's amusing that he says "Any idea why you're pulled over?" And then tells you - "you got clocked at 105mph". Sure, he is just doing his job, and you made it easy for him. Obviously his job that day was revenue generation and he wasn't going to give even the respectful people any breaks. 105 in a 65 though.. isn't that a mandatory court date?
Yes, it was most definitely "revenue generating day" for troopers. And he did say that I have to appear in court. I took the ticket to my attorney and hes going to be working on it for me. I don't believe that I'll have to appear, although I'm sure I'll get nailed with some hefty court cost.

And not that I was expecting him to just let me go without a ticket, especially not at those speeds. But maybe I was just hoping he would come back saying " I wrote you for 85 in a 65. Nice color"

Wishful thinking
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #166
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

My internet sarcasm radar is off today so can one of you tell me if blaming "not getting out of a ticket for 105 in a 65 for being polite" because it was revenue generating day was sarcasm or not?
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #167
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3 View Post
Yes, it was most definitely "revenue generating day" for troopers. And he did say that I have to appear in court. I took the ticket to my attorney and hes going to be working on it for me. I don't believe that I'll have to appear, although I'm sure I'll get nailed with some hefty court cost.

And not that I was expecting him to just let me go without a ticket, especially not at those speeds. But maybe I was just hoping he would come back saying " I wrote you for 85 in a 65. Nice color"

Wishful thinking
Going 100 in VA is automatic felony here. "Intent to kill" as if you were...
      11-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #168
TJS///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 in Imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
My internet sarcasm radar is off today so can one of you tell me if blaming "not getting out of a ticket for 105 in a 65 for being polite" because it was revenue generating day was sarcasm or not?
My sarcasm was about "Gee, do you have ANY idea why I pulled you over?" and then "oh we clocked you at 105mph". I might have replied with "Is there a problem with that, officer?" since it was such a ridiculous question from him in the first place (yeah probably not a good idea even though the temptation would have been nearly unbearable)

I don't think at that speed you are getting out of the ticket, polite and respectful or not.
2005 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Interlagos/Cinnamon - Sold
1990 E30 M3 Brilliant Red with Natural - Sold What was I thinking?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #169
RockinRyan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3- Dinan S2-ish

YMB compared to Maine State Police car colors (or similar)?

I don't know what color your state police use in your states, but in those with the nearly baby blue cruisers, how does YMB compare in person to it? Is YMB twice a noticeable, or ???

On my drive to work yesterday (in overcast conditions unfortunately) I really started to look at traffic patterns to see what stood out the most to my eye. It was actually white cars that I could see the best without direct sunlight. This isn't a revelation, of course, but it made me question if all my concerns about YMB as a ticket beacon is for nothing?

I may be in that ugly denial phase where things get justified into acceptability!? But maybe YMB on the average day will look somewhat normal and I can just enjoy this gift when it finally gets here.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #170
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep

Excessive speeding and aggressive driving behaviors are ticket magnets.

On road trips I set my cruise control to +8 over the posted speed limit and have never been pulled over even without slowing down when I see a police officer on the side of the highway with his radar gun out. This is probably because I'm really doing +2/+3 over but I'm still satisfied with the feeling that i'm 'speeding'
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #171
Drizz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW X7; '20 911 Carrera S

I think my YMB actually makes me a little more cautious of a driver. I honestly find myself making sure I'm not going faster than the fastest moving traffic or even staying out of the left lane when possible only b/c I know my bright blue M3 stands out. I'm driving a lot closer to the speed limit than I ever have in the past and yet this is the fastest car I've owned. Maybe it's also partly due to just getting older (I'm 32) and not driving the same way I did when I was in my teens or even 20s.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #172
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
I think my YMB actually makes me a little more cautious of a driver. I honestly find myself making sure I'm not going faster than the fastest moving traffic or even staying out of the left lane when possible only b/c I know my bright blue M3 stands out. I'm driving a lot closer to the speed limit than I ever have in the past and yet this is the fastest car I've owned. Maybe it's also partly due to just getting older (I'm 32) and not driving the same way I did when I was in my teens or even 20s.
I think that is more to do with being 32. I'm in the same boat and I'm 33. In my 20's I used to drive like a maniac and now I am not even close.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 02:06 AM   #173
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

I have had my SO M3 in the states for 4 days and was stopped by CHP already.

Heading up Mulholland HWY through some mellow twisties (Popular SoCal route through the hills with Bikes n Cars) Came around a bend and Rut Roh.... Yep, I saw him, saw my Escort light up and then he flipped right around and lit me up.

Told me he stopped me for multiple reasons... 51 in a 45 (Really??? Though I was able to scrub a little speed to be honest) Not Valid Plates (My car has been in my possession for 4 days so my ED tags are still on it while waiting for Ca plates) and for having 2 wheels over the Yellow line (I actually really was giving space to a woman walking her dog on the edge of the shoulderless road)

Fortunately, I was polite and killed him with kindness (not literally) and after looking at my DL and my temp tags on the windshield I was allowed along my way. PHEW....

But seriously, 4 days and already stopped, this does not bode well but man I love the SO.
Appreciate 0